Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - the accident

the story of a man with XD who saves the world

Chapter 1 - the accident

Chapter 1 - the accident
        It is a day in mid July. The rain is pouring heavily down upon my front lawn. The only reason I am not out and in the rain is because I was born with a rare disease called XP, which means I cannot go out into the sunlight because my skin is so sensitive. The way I look at it, it was a learning expeirience for me, it taught me that the night isn't such a scary place to be. Today is the day the world started to crumble around me.
        I light three candles in my living room to supply me with just enough light to allow me to do my daily tasks. The light of the flames dance along the walls and seem to taught me. I turn on the TV to get a quick glimpse of the weather.
        "The weather pattern of the northwestern United States is rapidly growing into an tornado capable storm," the weatherman says.
        I turn off the TV and someone knocks on my door. Although it seems as if it were a total stranger, I thought I knew it was. I walk over ond slight open my front door.
        "Hey Carson whats up?," I ask him in a calm yet tired voice.
        "Its Jayla shes been in an accident," Carson tells me in a urgent and excited voice.
        "What kind?," I ask.
        "A car accident, she was walking across the street when a car came speeding down the street and ran the stop sign but hit her," Carson explains to me."She's in the ER now. I'll take you in my car just get ready."
        "Ok," I say.
        I go inside and slowly walk up stairs. I open the wooden door to my bedroom just to have my cat Adagio pounce on me.
        "Adagio I don't have the time," I say as if my cat were another human being.
        I go into my closet ond pull out my hoodie, gloves and sunglasses. I slowly get dressed. Carson's car horn goes off. I walk over and pet Adagio.
        "See ya buddy," I tell him.
        I walk out my bedroom door and Carson's horn goes off again. Then I slowly walk down the stairs and into the entrance way. I go and open up the front door to see Carson waiting in my drive way.
        "I didn't think you would wait on me," I tell Carson.
        "I wasn't going to but you know me," Carson says.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment