Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - So what happened?

This is a story I've been working on.
Characters:
Diamondfur - A ForestClan Warrior
Rosepaw - A ForestClan Apprentice
Blackstar: The ForestClan Leader
Silverleaf - The ForestClan Medicine Cat

Thanks to Setari for giving me some help with it!

Chapter 5 - So what happened?

Chapter 5 - So what happened?
“Diamondfur?” It was Rosepaw. She was sitting nervously next to her mentor. As Diamondfur turned over to face Rosepaw, her eyes filled with happiness “Diamondfur! I’m so happy you’re ok! Hey Silverleaf! Diamondfur’s awake!!!” she called. As Silverleaf padded out of her den she mewed “Ah, Diamondfur. Are you feeling ok?”
“Uh…Urm…yeah…Fine.” She replied slowly. Her talk with Whitestar was still troubling her, but she wasn’t prepared to say anything in front of Rosepaw. She was pretty sure that this prophecy wouldn’t include her small apprentice straight away, that was, if it was ever going to include her. “Silverleaf, can I talk to you in private please?” turning to Rosepaw she added “Don’t worry; it’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just that this is something I need to discuss with a medicine cat. You might find out later, but not now.”
Rosepaw nodded to show she understood. “Ok Diamondfur, I don’t mind.”
Silverleaf wandered what Diamondfur wanted to talk about that she couldn’t say in front of her own apprentice. “Of course. Come into my den. Rosepaw, Diamondfur will be alright now. You can go back to the apprentices den now.”
The two cats sat in Silverleaf’s den and listened to Rosepaw scamper off. “So what’s troubling you then?” Silverleaf asked, giving Diamondfur a sympathetic look.
“I-I think I just spoke to StarClan.” She confessed. “Everything was black and then I was in a clearing with Whitestar.” Diamondfur took one look at the medicine cat and remembered how close she had been to Whitestar.
“Ah,” Silverleaf mewed quietly. “Whitestar. He was a great friend, and an even greater leader.” She paused. “Oh! Go on! I’m sorry I interrupted.”
“Well when he spoke to me, he told me ’A new life will take a life.’ I’m not sure what it could mean, and he said it would be ok to ask for help in my Clan.”
As Diamondfur repeated the prophecy, the sorrow emptied out of Silverleaf’s eyes and was replaced by fear. “I don’t know either, but you can’t discuss this with anyone but Blackstar and me. We must keep this low profile.”
Diamondfur was confused why Silverleaf didn’t want anyone else finding out about this, but she didn’t question her. She had her reasons and Diamondfur was going to respect that, after all, Silverleaf was the ForestClan medicine cat and was one of the wisest cats in the forest.
“Fair enough Silverleaf. I won’t tell anyone but Blackstar” she promised. She pushed herself to her paws and mewed “Should I tell Blackstar now?”
“Only if you feel alright now. I don’t want you pushing yourself after what you’ve been through.” Silverleaf warned. Diamondfur nodded and padded out of the medicine cats’ den. She approached Blackstar’s den and called out “Blackstar? Can I come in? I have some important news.”
There was a rustling noise coming from inside the dark leaders den and then she heard Blackstar mew “Yes, of coarse Diamondfur. Come in.”
Diamondfur padded inside and her eyes slowly adjusted to the dim light in the den. Diamondfur looked at her leader in the eye and explained what had happened when she was asleep. “When I was in Silverleaf’s den I fell asleep after she gave me some poppy seeds…nothing out of the usual. But then I had a dream. It was a dream sent from StarClan. I spoke to Whitestar and he told me ‘A new life will take life’. I think it was a prophecy, but neither I nor Silverleaf can work out what it means. Silverleaf has said I should only tell you and her about it, no one else. At least, not until we know what it could mean.” She explained. “So, do you have any idea what it could mean?” she asked.
Blackstar didn’t look like she was listening too hard. Her eyes showed that there was something else troubling her, but what could it be? Surely this was more important than anything else right now.
Blackstar looked as if she had just clicked what Diamondfur had said, and it didn’t seem like she cared much. She shrugged and mewed uncertainly “I don’t know. Something about kits? A queen dying just after kitting?” She paused for a second and then admitted to Diamondfur “Look, its not that I don’t care about the Clan, in fact it’s quite the opposite. It’s just…well…when I was out hunting on my own today I saw something strange. I saw prey bones and it had a strange scent on them. It was foul, and I’ve never scented anything like it in my life!
Diamondfur’s eyes lit up with fear. “That’s a good idea!” she mewed. Then she gave Blackstar a look that asked to leave. Blackstar nodded in agreement and with that, Diamondfur got up and left. She headed straight to the nursery to check on the Queens and to make sure that they weren’t having any problems whilst carrying kits. But as Diamondfur looked around, she realised that none of the Queens were carrying any kits. She remembered that it was leaf-fall, and there wouldn’t be any kits for a while. They wouldn’t be able to survive in the harsh Leaf-bare weather. Then she thought that StarClan wouldn’t send a prophecy about that, it’s never happened before and Queens have died plenty of times before.
Diamondfur couldn’t think of anything else. The sun was going down and finally she admitted defeat. Maybe I’ll have more ideas tomorrow. She thought to herself as she settled down in the warriors den. She fell asleep almost immediately and she didn’t have a dream from StarClan like she had hoped. For now she would just have to think about it and keep an eye out for anything strange.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment