Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Shocks' Explination

Michelle and her best Friend Emily have gotting into trouble before, but noting like this. Secrets, strange elemental powers, demons and masters. Will the two of them remain friends till the end?

Chapter 3 - Shocks' Explination

Chapter 3 - Shocks' Explination
Chapter 3

“Um, Michelle, can you explain everything that just happened, because it all flew by way too fast!” Emily sighed. Michelle was just staring into a wall across from her. She shook her head no, and then looked at her cat, which was back to purring in her lap.
“Hurry up Brain, I think they are in here!” Someone yelled from outside the door. Michelle and Emily hugged eachother, in fear it was one of the monsters again. The barn door opened slowly, creaking loudly to both girls. They closed their eyes and waited for the worst. Michelle felt a hand on her shoulder, then soft words in her ears.
“Want some cake for dinner?” The words said. Michelle's eyes snapped open extreamly fast and she saw Sean bending down, resting his hand on her shoulder.
“Sean, is that you?” Michelle asked, so unsure. His eyes were so soft and caring when Michelle looked into them, she couldnt be unsure anymore. She instantly jumped on him and hugged him. Behind her, Emily was doing the same thing to Brian. Sean's face turned bright red, and he looked at Brian, who was also confused. The girls finnaly let go, giving the boys time to breath.
“Are you guys ok? You look terrified, and you felt terrified as well!” Brian said, rotating his shoulder, pretending it was hurt or out of place.
“We just had the worst experience in the world! But even if we told you, there is no way you would belive us!” Michelle gasped. Sean just looked at her, then tried to calm her down.
“Michelle, take deep breaths!” Sean said, as Michelle started to hyperventalate. Michelle soon calmed down.
“Come on, we should get you two home.” Brian helped Emily to her feet. Sean did the same with Michelle. Michelle still had a tight grip on her cat as well. It was clinging to her arm anyways, like it didn't want to leave her.
“Your cat looks like its had a heart attack?” Sean asked, noticing the cat finally. Michelle just looked down at it, then started to slowly pet it on its back, making it relax a little.
“Its quite cute you know, with the yellow stripes like that.” Sean smiled at Michelle.
“Yeah, the pet store owner said he was a rare breed. I don't know what I'm going to call him yet though,” Michelle said, as Sean led her back outside. Emily and Bria were close behind them. They walked home in silence, and Sean and Brian kept their arms wraped around the girls. They stopped outside Michelle's house first, since it was the nearest one. Emily live two houses down from her, and Sean two the other way. Brian lived more in the center of town compared to the rest of them. Sean walked her to the door, while Emily and Brain kept going to her house.
“Are you going to be okay? Do you want me to stay with you for a while?” He asked, worry filling his eyes. Michelle shook her head.
“No, I'll be fine. Thank you for coming to find us.” She went to open her door, when Sean leaned in and kissed her on the cheek lightly.
“Okay then. I'll see you at school tommorow.” With that he turned and left. Michelle just stood there, face as red as a ripe tomato, with her hand clenched to the door knob. She woke up from her daze when her cat bit her in the hand!
“Ow! That hurt you little rascle!” Michelle flicked him on the nose. Then she pushed herself inside and headed for her room. “Mom I'm home!” She called out.
“Okay. I left you some pizza on the table in your room. Make sure you get your homwork done and don't spend all night playing with your cat ok!” Her mom said as Michelle passed the kitchen.
“Okay, thanks.” Michelle smiled and headed to her room. When she got inside, she put the cat on her bed, which had a beautiful yellow quilt on it. That cat walked in a few cirlcles before settling down and making itself comfortable. Michelle found her backpack where she left it, by her desk, which had warm pizza in a paper plate sitting on it as well as a small computer.
“Oh, I should get you something to eat as well. I'll go see if we have any milk in the fridge.” Michelle realized, running back to th kitchen. The cat loooked around for the small bag Michelle had dropped on the bed with him. He stuck his head inside and pulled out its contents. There was a yellow collar with a small crystal enbedded in the front of it. The next object was a small golden yellow box, with a black switch on the side. He grabbed the collar with the best ability he could, and squeezed his head into it. He then shook his head to adjust it properly on his neck. Then he made sure the box was infront of him, as he layed back down again.
“I'm back. I brough you a smal bowl of milk. After today I think we could both use some comfort food.” Michelle closed the door behind her, and placed the bowl of milk on the floor. The cat jumped down and went to lap up the milk. Michelle took a bite out of her pizza, and watched that cat enjoy his dinner.
“Sean was acting a bit weird today as well. I wonder why he was so worried about me. He's never cared that much before, and that kiss, even though it was nice, it was really random!” Michelle said to no onw. “Now, what should I call you?” Michelle asked not expecting an answer.
“You could call me Shocks, cause thats the name the gods gave me.” The cat said. Michelle dropped the pizza onto the floor, and stared at the cat. He licked his fur clean of any exces milk that might have formed around his mouth.
“Yes, thats right. I can talk. Could since I was a kitten, about one hundered years ago in this world.” Shocks meowed. Michelle just kept staring. Finally she moved.
“Okay, am I on one of those shows that prank you at the end! First the weird alien creatures, now a talking cat. I think I must have hit my head back in that barn!” Michelle shook her head in disbelife.
“No, you might have hit your head, but this is all true. My name is Shocks, and I am to be your gaurdian, or guide from now on.” He smiled. Yes the cat smiled. Michelle's eye twitched a little, mostly in disbelife.
“Wait, gaurdian, Gods? I am so confused right now!” Michelle panicked, backing against the wall to get away from the cat. Shocks shook his head, like he was disapointed.
“I thought this was going to be a lot easier than this. Okay, listen carefully. You are one of the five chosen warriors, destined to defend this world from the evil forces of the Dark World.” He paused, seeing Michelle starting to freak out again. “How about I just show you, okay.” Shocks hopped back onto the bed, grabbed the yellow box in his mouth, then took a large leap and landed in Michelle's lap. Michelle looked like she was going to pass out from surprise. He droped the box in her hand, then jumped off her lap and sat down infront of her.
“Okay, now what I want you to do is open the box using that switch on the side. If you see a small piece of a yellow crystal, then I've chosen the right person for once!” He purred. Michelle just stared at the box in her hand.
“Okay, maybe I'll wake up after this.” Michelle smiled, deciding to play along, thinking she'll just wake up in the morning from a bad dream. She pressed the button on the side, making the box flip open. When fully opened, it looked like a crudly shaped yellow lightning bolt. Inside was all white, with a small, yellow crystal in the center. It looked like it was just the top half of a whole diamond shape crystal.
“Wow, this is really pretty! It must have cost a fourtune?” She looked at Shocks, expecting an answer.
“Actually no. It was specially made by the ancient gods, so incase something like what happened one hundered years ago happenes again, the warriors would be able to rise again. One of them just happens to be you!” He grinned.
“Okay, I have no idea what your talking about, but I get to keep this right?” Shocks nodded his head to her response.
“Now I want you to say Lightning, like you mean it.” He instructed.
“Okay, but this isn't going to hurt me is it?” She looked at him. He shook his head. So Michelle took a deep breath, “Lightning!”
The crystal glowed a bit, then streams of lightning bolts came out and surounded Michelle, who was so surprised she dropped the box. After the lightning bolts had completely surounded her, a bright light formed, compleatl engulfing Michelle, blocking her from veiw. Michelle shreaked a little, which let Shocks know she was still okay. He backed up a little while this was all happening, like he expected it.
When the light faded, Michelle was still sitting on the floor, but the clothes she was wearing before had been changed, and now she was wearing a yellow strip of cloth made of special material, on her face, mostly over her eyes. Her eyes had aslo changed. Now they were a mix of her normal deep blue, and a golden yellow, with the yellow being a lot more dominate.
Her outfit was similar to the guys' outfits that she had seen in the barn earyer today. One big diffrence was that her outfit was yellow, with a lightning bolt pattern at the bottom of the shirt. The boots on her feet felt a lot lighter than they looked, and were very flexable, but very sturdy at the same time. The cloth the clothes were made out of felt the same as the mask on her face. It didn't feel like anything she had ever worn before. So flexable, yet strong and durable, sortof like armor.
“AH!!! What am I wearing! Where did my clothes go! Whats going on!” Michelle started to freak out. Shocks just chuckled, which annoyed Michelle even more. “Okay, I want some answers and I want them now!” She stared the cat directly in the eyes. Shocks just grinned before answering, like he had been waiting for this moment for a long time. He had that kind of glint in his eyes.
“You are Denko, the Lightning Master, on of the protector of the Light Earth. As I said before, you are destined to help save this world from the evils of the invading Dark World.” He tried to explain. Michelle wasn't exactly listening, but playing with her clothes, and messing with her boots, to see how flexable they were. Shocks growled a bit to get her attention, which it did.
“I'm trying to explain to you whats going on. Sheesh you have a short attention span!” Shocks yelled at her. Michelle stuck her tounge out at the cat. He groaned.
“You remember those two guys in the barn earlyer? You are going to need to know them, because your life might be in their hands one day!” Michelle shut up after that comment. “Thats what I thought. The red one's name is Kaji, the Fire Master. The brown one's name is Riku, the Earth Master. They are going to be your partners from now on, but never tell them your human identity. It may save your life.” Michelle just looked at him like he was crazy.
“So, when you say Fire Master, he actually can shoot fire. Cause I did see him do that right?” Michelle asked. Shocks nodded his head. “And you said I was the Lightning Master right? Does that mean I can shoot lightning?” Shocks nodded his head again. “I don't belive you!” She crossed her arms. “I don't really belive any of this actually.” Shocks just shook his head.
“Okay then. How about a demonstration.” He looked around the room and spotted Michelle's reading lamp. “Point your finger at the lamp, concentrate hard, and I'm sure something cool will happen.” He grinned. Michelle looked at him funny, but did what he said, pointing her finger at the lamp. As she concentrated, a small spark of lightning left her finger tip and hit the lightbulb, shattering it into a million pieces and scattering those pieces all over her bed and floor.
“Ekk!!” Michelle screamed, holding her hand as far away from her face as she could. “Did I just do that!!!???” Shocks chuckled.
“Yup. And that wasn't even a fraction of your power. With my teachings you'll be able to control your powers, and help against the Dark Empire.”
“Okay okay okay!!! Just tell me how to change back, please!” Michelle pleaded. Shocks just laughed again, then looked Michelle in the eye.
“What would you do if I said you couldn't change back?” He grinned at her. Michelle's eyes lit up in fear.
“What do you mean I can't change back!!?” Michelle freaked, grabbing the cat by the collar.
“Michelle, is everything okay in there. I heard something break!” Her mom asked, knocking on Michelle's bedroom door.
“Uh... yeah. Everything is fine. I just broke something that all. I'll clean it up don't worry!” Michelle yelled, relaxing her hand just enough so that Shocks was able to wriggle free.
“Okay, as long as your not hurt. Try to be more careful next time!” She heard her mom walk back towards the kitchen.
“Your really quick with that arent you?” Shocks looked amazed. Michelle turned back around and glared at him. “Okay okay. All you have to do is say your human name with force.” Shocks grunted, losing all the fun he was poking at.
“Michelle!” Michelle said, just as Shocks had told her too. The light formed around her again, ending in ribbons of lightning forming back into the yellow box, which bounced on the carpeted floor.
“That was scary! Don't make me do it again ok!” Michelle said, leaving the box gingerly on the floor. Shocks just shook his head, dissapointed.
“But you're going to have to, wether you want to or not. The Light Earth is going to need your help!” He growled.
“Heh, I'm going to go to bed, and when I wake up tommorow, this whole day will have been a really bad dream!” Michelle undressed and put on her pajamas for the night. Completely ignoring Shocks, she jumped on her bed and drowned her face in her pillow, falling into a light sleep filled with nightmeres of the barn scene.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mandy94t on March 6, 2006, 6:07:39 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tonly three chapters?awww,man!!plz finish this if you pity my pathetic-ness!!

Methehedgehog on December 5, 2005, 1:54:39 AM

Methehedgehog on
MethehedgehogThis is awesome! You gotta continue it.

smilingcheerios on November 14, 2005, 10:56:49 AM

smilingcheerios on
smilingcheerios"want some cake for dinner?" XDDD omg!! i love that!!!! HAHAHAHA! ok, ok, moving on. great chapter, the plot is moving steadly along. Shocks is sure... interesting. haha. good job!