Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Dance/First Battle

Michelle and her best Friend Emily have gotting into trouble before, but noting like this. Secrets, strange elemental powers, demons and masters. Will the two of them remain friends till the end?

Chapter 5 - The Dance/First Battle

Chapter 5 - The Dance/First Battle
Chapter 5
Shocks, I'm home! She yelled in the house. The cat came running up to her, purring as he rubbed against her leg. Wow, you do act like a normal cat? Michelle said, sounding a bit puzzled.
Whats that supposed to mean! He growled at her. She just laughed and continued to her room. Shocks followed her.
So tonight, I was thinking of starting a bit of your training, so you can understand how to use your powers, Shocks said.
No thanks. I have a dance to go to tonight, and I actually have a date! She squeaked as she said the last part. Shocks looked like he was gonna get a head ach.
You can't! The Dark Empire is planning on another attack against the Light Earth! You are going to be needed! He yelled at her. Michelle was ignoring him, going straight for her closet. After a few minuets of throwing stuff around, she finally found what she was looking for. Holding it up to her neck and letting it hang, the dress was a light blue, with white flowers everywhere.
What do you think Shocks, its the only one I own, but I think Sean will like it anyways? She twirled around with it. Shocks just shook his head.
Are you even listening to me at all! I swear something might be wrong with you in your head! He scratched at her bare foot. Michelle jumped back, and ended up falling backwards onto her bed.
Ow!!! Why did you do that! Michelle yelled at him, throwing a pillow. Shocks nimbly doged it, jumping on top of it, knocking it to the ground.
Listen to me! There is going to be an attack tonight, I don't know when, and I don't know where, so I think its a bad idea for you to go to that dance tonight! Especially since you don't know how to use your powers yet! He growled. Michelle stared right back him.
I told you last night, I don't what to do that ever again! She yelled at him. He jumped up on the bed, and looked Michelle in the eyes.
You don't have a choise! I've been searching for you for about a year now, ever since I came to this world after the first attack by the Dark Empire! Your going to help Kaji and Riku tonight, even if I have to drag you there! Michelle looked him straight in the eyes.
I'm going to the dance tonight! I don't care what you say! She growled back at him. They stood in a locked staring contest for a few minutes, before Shocks sighed and dropped his head.
We aren't getting anywhere arguing like this. He shook his head. How about a compromise. You go to the dance tonight, if you promise to leave when I call you. You never know, the attack might be way after the dance, or you might be done before you have to leave.
Fine. I guess I can try it once. And your right, arguing doesn't seem to get us anywhere. Michelle sighed. So, go ahead and teach me what you can now. I can do my homework tommorow or something. She hung her dress on the door handle of her closet and sat down on the floor, and listened to Shocks explain the works of her electrical power. Several hours past, and there was no sign of the attack that Shocks had talked about. The time for the dance was getting closer, and Michelle's short attention span had kicked in a while ago.
Are we done yet? I have to start getting ready for the dance! Michelle whined. Shocks rolled his eyes.
Yeah, I guess we are done for tonight. Don't forget to bring your crystal tonight though, I have a bad feeling about this, he said. He jumped up on the bed, and laied down on Michelle's pillows. Michelle went to the bathroom and changed into her dress, came back and did her hair.
I think I'll let it down tonight. I haven't done that in a long time! She was so cheerful. Shocks just chuckled.
I don't know who this Sean guy is yet, but he's gonna be a very lucky guy tonight! Michelle's face turned bright red from his compliment. Before she could retaliate, or thank him, the door bell rang, making Michelle jump a bit.
Oh, thats him! Michelle ran out of the room, making sure she had her crystal box with her. Opening the door, Sean was waiting there with a single red rose in his hand. When he saw Michelle, he handed it to her. Michelle thanked him, and they walked to the school together.
They met up with Brian and Emily, who were waiting for them outside the door. Brian and Sean exchanged happy glances, and Michelle and Emily giggle. Sean and Brian were both wearing suits, that made them look more mature than they actually were. Sean was wearing a red bow tie, as red as the rose he gave Michelle, and Brian was wearing a pretty plain black one. Emily's dress was a dark blue, with a light blue pattern along the bottom.
Shall we go inside now? Brian said, pulling the dance tickets from his pocket. He handed two to Sean.
In a minute, I wanna ask Michelle something before we go inside, we'll meet you in there. Michelle looked at Emily with a puzzled face, and all Emily could do as return that very same face. Brian led her inside, while Sean led Michelle out to one of the benches infront of the school.
What do you wanna ask me Sean? Michelle asked as she sat down.
Can you promise me something? He was llooking her straight in the eyes. His pale grey eyes mixing in with her bright sky blue eyes.
Uh, sure? Michelle said, cautiously.
I need you to promise me, no matter what happens tonight, you wont leave me. I need to know that you'll stay here no matter what! He was grasping her by the shoulders now. He was so serious that he was starting to scare Michelle.
Yeah, I can promise you that. Michelle said, still feeling a bit akward. Sean's face changed from the hard serious look he was using, to a happier, more excited look.
Okay then! Lets go enjoy the dance! He got up, and held out his arm for her to take, and then entered the school gymnasium where the dance was being held. Inside, near the back was a few rows of round tables, near a drink bar. The DJ was next to that. The dance floor was already pack with people dancing to the fast songs that were playing.
The rest of the night went smooth. They would dance together for a while, then meet up with Emily and Brian and they would sit and talk for a while. Soon, the dance was coming to a close, and so far, both of the boys had been skipping all the slow dances that seemed to pop up.
Okay boys and girls, this is the last slow dance of the night, so grab your partners and hit the dance floor! The DJ's voice rang out over the sound system. Sean and Brain exchanged glances with eachother again, the got up from their seats.
Lets dance, what do you say? Brian asked Emily, holding out his hand. Emily took it with a smile, and they went and started dancing.
Shall we join them Michelle? Sean asked.
Could we? Michelle's eyes lit up. She had been waiting to slow dance all night. She got up and followed Sean to the floor, where they took up the stance, and started dancing in circles.
This has been the best night of my life! Michelle said, burrowing her head into Sean's chest. Sean's face turned bright red with embarassment and joy.
Mine too! He smiled. He held her tight, making Michelle blush as well. As the song neared its end, Michelle looked up at Sean, and Sean looked at her. He leaned in to kiss her, but pulled back quickly with a growl as something beeped in his pocket. Sean pushed Michelle away for a bit, then reached into his pocket, turning his back to Michelle.
I'm sorry Michelle, someone important just paged me. I'll be right back, as soon as I can, please don't leave without me! He dashed off into the main lobby of the gym. Michelle just stood there, baffled at what just happened. When she finally snapped out of her daze, she noticed Emily sitting by herself at the table they had ther stuff at. Michelle quickly went over and sat with her.
What happened with you? Michelle asked, sitting next to her friend. Emily looked up, having the same dazed look that Michelle had a few seconds ago.
Well, Brian was holding me really tight, it was so nice, but then his pager went off, and he dashed away. Emily hung her head. Michelle gave her a real confused look.
Thats weird, Sean did almost the same thing... Michelle stopped as she heard something buzz in her purse. Oh, no! She said softly, so Emily didn't hear her. Emily was now giving Michelle a puzzled look, since she had ended in the middle of her sentence.
I'm sorry Emily, my mom wanted me to call her right before the dance ended! I'll be right back! Michelle grabbed her purse and ran towards the bathrooms in the lobby.
Wait, Michelle, your mom works Friday nights! Emily called after her. She was really confused about what was going on now. She just sighed, and grabbed herself another drink and listened to the music.
In the bathroom, Michelle hid in the farthest stall from the door, then pulled the yellow box out of her purse.
Its about time you answer! We have trouble! Shocks voice yelled at her.
Shh, we are in the bathroom! She hissed at him. What do you want?
Just as I thought, there is a Dark Empire warrior here, and you wont belive where she is? He sounded seriouse. Just then, there was a huge crashing noise coming from the gym.
I think I just found out. Grrr, what a way to ruin this perfect night! Michelle stood up as everyone in the bathroom ran out screaming. I hope I remember how to do this! She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
Lightning! She said deeply. The ribbons of lightning flowed from the crystal, once again surrounding her. As soon as they completely swirled around her did they produce the blinding white light that blocked her from veiw. When it faded, Michelle had transformed into Denko. The transformation had also redun her hair, putting it up in a braid, like it had been earlyer, with a lightningbolt shaped tie to keep it up.
Okay, focus Michelle. Remember what Shocks told you, and get this over with! Denko pushed herself off the ground, and walked towards the bathroom door. She was amazed at how light her clothes felt, even though by touch they felt extreamly strong. Even her boots felt flexable enough to do almost anything in. Peaking out the door, she saw a mob of people trying to leave the school. Looking around quickly, she couldn't see Emily, Brian, or Sean anywere. When she caught and opening, she ran into the gym where she steped in a huge puddle of water, about ankil deep.
What the...? Denko said, lifting her boots out of the water and looking around. The last few dancers were fleaing the area. There was a bit of moonlight shining through a hole in the celing of the gym, and all the lights had shorted out as well. Standing in the moonlight was the second weirdest thing Denko had ever seen. It was a blue woman, floating about a foot off the ground. She had a mermaid green tail, which was waving around like it was actually in water. Her body was completely blue, and her hair was made of a very deep-green seaweed. Covering her chest was sea-shells, and here eyes were a deep red. She looked like a fairy tale character gone completely bad.
Who are you? Someone said from above her. Denko whirled around and looked up to see the brown guy from the barn staring down at her. His eyes widened and he grabbed her by the shoulders and threw her to the left, putting himself on top of her, while a huge waterball exploded right where she had been standing.
Be careful! She's really dangerous! He scolded her. Michelle just looked at him, and thought he reminded her of someone.
Sorry, she paused, Are you Riku, the Earth Master? She asked. He nodded his head.
And who are you? You're dressed like us. Could you be Denko! He said, with a slight gasp.
Um, yeah I am. I'm supposed to help you and Kaji, I think I said that right, fight these evil peple attacking our town... or something like that, Denko said, not very sure of herself. Riku looked around quickly, but then ducked as another waterball, followed by maniacle laughter, erupted next to them.
Kaji! Kaji, Denko is here! He got off of her, and sprinted to the other side, dissapearing into the darkened corner. Denko shook herself off, not that it helped much cause she was now drenched in water. The water lady and Denko locked eye contact.
So, your the newest pain I have been sent to deal with! You looks so pathetic! She let out a loud laugh. Denko was trying to ring some of the water out of her shirt, but it wasn't helping at all. When she looked up, she bearly missed getting hit by another waterball. Denko yelped in surprise and leaped to one side, tripping over herself. The water lady looked like she was going to die from laughter. Denko gritted her teeth, and climbed back to her feet. She was dripping wet again.
You ruined my perfect dance! Denko yelled at her. Closing her eyes, she focused on the lightning within herself, just as Shocks had instructed. Holding her hands out, she formed a small electric ball and threw it at the water lady. It hit her on the arm, and she let out a huge screech that filled the gymnasium. Denko fell down on one knee, also crying out in pain. She had electricuted herself just a bit, and since she hadn't undergone proper training yet, she was vulnerable to herself, also because she was soaking wet it hurt even more.
Ah, it hurts! Denko said through her teeth. She slowly pushed herself off the ground again. The water lady had stoped screeching, and was now laughing again.
My, my, you are hurting yourself!? Ha... how pathetic! You aren't even worth my patience! She stopped after she heard a splash. Denko heard it too, and looked around. What Denko saw, she was really not happy about. Emily was there, trying to get out of the room without being noticed, but had accidently stepped into a larger puddle and made a splash. The water lady grinned, and flew right over to Emily without thinking twice.
No!! Emily!!! Denko cried, running towards them, but slid to a stop as the water lady held the struggling, and shocked Emily out in front of her like a sheild. No! Leave her alone! Denko yelled. The water lady just kept laughing.
You shock me again, and your little human friend here gets it too, along with yourself! She laughed. Denko was now getting really annoyed by her laugh. Denko gritted her teeth together, trying to think of a way out of this. Emily was now crying for help in the clutches of that evil woman.
Denko, we'll distract her, get Emily away from her! Riku appeared behind Denko, and the red guy, Kaji too.
What do you mean? She asked, spinning around to face them.
Just watch, and when you see an opening, get in there and grab that poor girl ok?! Kaji instructed. His voice was so gentile and demanding at the same time. There was a lot more familiatiry in his voice than Riku had. Denko looked into his eyes, which were red with a hint of grey. She nodded her head, and the two guys were up and flying again. They flew circles around the water lady, making her swing Emily around like a rag doll sheild. Denko watched carefully, then, she saw it when the water lady flung Emily to the left, trying to hit Kaji, that she let go, and Emily went flying. Denko took off at a run and found herself sliding on the water on the other side of the room, and she ended up slamming into the falling Emily, sending both of them crashing into the wall near an exit door.
Ouch, Denko said, slowly sliding to the floor, with Emily on top of her. Emily had tears of fright rolling down her cheeks.
Denko! Get her out of here! Riku yelled, throwing part of the gym floor at the water lady, who blasted it like it was nothing. Denko slowly pulled herself off the ground, then helped Emily out of the room. Sitting her down outside in the lobby, she saw Shocks waddle up with another cat.
Denko! What are you doing out here! Get your butt back in there and help them! He growled at her. Emily's eyes got wide with fear, and shock as she reconized the cat. She looked up at Denko, who had just realized that Emily was catching on.
Okay! Going! She ran back in the gym, just as Emily was about to say something. Phew, that was close. Maybe taking Emily to the pet store yesterday was a bad idea. But how was I supposed to know I was adopting a talking cat! She yelled at herself. Just then, looking into the gym, she saw Kaji laying on the groud, not moving, and Riku bearly standing up.
Denko, help us please. We aren't that effective against a water element, Riku said between deep breaths. Then he fell face first on the ground, and the annoying maniacle laughter was heard towards Denko's right. Denko turned her head and glared.
Why are you doing this. We never did anything to you?! Denko yelled at her. The water lady looked Denko over.
Its not intentionaly what you did, its what your predisessors and that damned Hikari did to us! Banishing us into a world worth nothing. We deserve so much better, and thats what our queen belives and wants for us! Thats why we've come to this world, so we can switch completely, and these pathetic humans, who live in such luxery, can't feel the torcher we've lived in for so long! Her annoying laughter was gone. Denko became confused, but angry.
I still don't like you right now! Denko shot electricity straight from her hand, like a beam. She felt the electricity travel up her arm, causeing her a lot of pain, but she didn't stop. The water lady shot out a stream of water, holing back Denko's beam. The more the water lady pushed Denko's attack back, the more pain occured in her arm. Soon she was crying out in pain, and stopped the attack all together. She flew backwards as the stream of highly pressurized water hit her chest, slamming her into the wall and pinning her. Denko had a really hard time breathing, because of the pressure on her chest. She had also lost all feeling in her right arm, which was the one that performed the attack.
I have you now! You may posses the elemental power to beat me, but you can bearly control it, let alone use it! Her annoying laugh came back at that point. She moved closer and closer to Denko, causeing the pressure to increase. When she was close enough, she stoped the water, but grabbed Denko around the neck.
I've never killed before, but I've heard from my brother, that killing a human is quite enjoyable! She squeezed tighter, making Denko start to kick and struggle for air.
Put her down! Another female voice yelled from behind the water lady. The gym doors had flung open with a bang. Denko could bearly see who it was. It was a girl about her age, dark hair with blue stripes. She was wearing basically the same out fit as the rest of them, but her color was blue, and the patterns on her shirt looked like waves.
Who are you to demand something of me! She looked the girl over. I sence you posses the element of water, because your energy signiture is close to mine! She growled. She smacked Denko against the wall again then dropped her. Denko started to bleed in the back of her head, where it was smashed against the wall, and part of her headband was falling off, but not completely. The other girl freaked out and ran to Denko's side.
Are you okay? She asked, helping Denko up.
I'm fine, but I still can't feel my right arm. Denko winced as her arm fell limp. She held herself up with her left on the girls shoulder. The annoying laughter came up again, as the lady watched the two girls help eachother.
This aught to be easy. The only one who could possibly kill me is to weak to do anything! This should be no problem for me. She pretended to strech her fingers, like she was warming up for a quick fight.
I may be injoured, but I'm not out yet! Denko stood up straight, taking her comment as a major insult.
Denko, how about I distract her long enough for you to get one strong shot on her. Do you think you'll be able to handle it? She asked.
I still have my left arm! Denko grinned at her. The new girl nodded her head, then ran out forward and dodged a water ball. Denko took deep breaths, and watched the new girl dodged all the attack, trying to make an opening for Denko. Then, just as the girl got sent flying by a water ball, Denko saw her opening. She raised her left hand and poured all the energy she could find left in her body, and shot a very painful electrical charge, hitting the water lady directly in the chest. She screamed out in pain, that was probably a lot stronger than the pain Denko was feeling at the moment. Denko fell forward onto her knees as she saw the water lady turn to dust right before her eyes. The new girl came running over, after seeing that everthing was safe, and the guys were finally waking up.
Here, let me help you up! The new girl said, lending Denko a hand. Seeing that she still had the use of her left arm, she reached up and let the new girl help her off the floor.
Whats your name? I've noticed you already know mine, Denko asked.
Umm.... oh what was it? She mumbled to herself. Oh right! I'm Mizuu, the Water Master! She smiled, as Riku and Kaji walked over, like they had been compeatly revitalized.
Looks like the new recruts can handle a beating as much as Riku can. Kaji chuckled. Denko forced a smile, and looked down at her limp arm.
Don't worry, once you've becomed trained with your element, that wont happen anymore. He smiled. His smile really made her feel better, for some strange reason. They hardly knew eachother, yet Denko felt something special.
You two look worn out, why don't you head home, and we'll clean up this mess before the police show up. You gave us a lot of help tonight, and we hope to see you in the future! Riku said, patting Mizuu on the back. Mizuu and Denko nodded their heads, and headed for the door.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mandy94t on August 24, 2006, 8:30:41 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94toooh nice!!!this rocks!!

smilingcheerios on August 23, 2006, 12:53:03 PM

smilingcheerios on
smilingcheeriosomigosh! an update! yayness!

sweet! battle! and a new warrior! whoo hoo! haha. nice, the battle was good and i liked how you had denko hurt herself with her own power (shows the bad too) nice!