Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Michelle's Tiny Secret

Michelle and her best Friend Emily have gotting into trouble before, but noting like this. Secrets, strange elemental powers, demons and masters. Will the two of them remain friends till the end?

Chapter 7 - Michelle's Tiny Secret

Chapter 7 - Michelle's Tiny Secret
Chapter 7
The morning came around quickly, and Emily could smell pancakes cooking in the kitchen. She slowly rolled out off bed and streatched her arms. Looking around, she saw Bubble curled up with Shocks in the corner of the room, and Michelle was still asleep, but had fallen over onto the floor in the middle of the night. Grabbing her clothes, Emily changed in the bathroom and then procceded to the kitchen. There was a note on the table, alonge with a large stack of freshly made panckes. Emily picked up the note and read it aloud to herself.
'Hey Emily,
Sorry, they called me into work this morning. I noticed that Michelle stayed over last night, so I made you guys some pancakes. Enjoy, and tell Michelle I said hi!' Thats just like mom, Emily laughed. She put the note back down, then looked down the hall as she heard a couple sets of footsteps. Michelle walked into the room, yawning and streatching her good arm.
Something smells good! Did you make pancakes? Michelle said, skipping into the kitchen once she saw the food.
No, mom made them. She had to leave early again this morning, and dads on a business trip this weekend, so we have the house to ourselves this morning! Emily cheered. She grabbed a couple plates from the cabinate and set them up on the table, while Michelle tried her best to get a few things from the fridge, but was having a hard time. The cats showed up after smelling the food as well.
Michelle, let me help you! Emily said, rushing over. Together they were able to get the stuff all set up. Shocks rubbed against Michelle's leg.
Oh, you guys probably want some breakfast too, right? What do talking cats normally eat? Emily asked, pulling a couple bowls out of the cabinate.
Milk, or any kind of fish for me please, Bubbles purred.
I like milk, but I will eat almost anything. My favorite Light Earth treat though is Doughnuts! They are so sweet! Shocks purred very loudly. Michelle could feel the purr through her leg.
Hehe, sorry, we don't have any doughnuts, how about a pancake with syrup on it. And for Bubbles, I'll get you a bowl of milk. Emily smiled. She put a pancake and poured syrup on it, then placed it on the floor, where Shocks immetiatly started to chow down. Emily then poured some milk in another bowl and placed it on the floor for Bubbles.
Yay! Pancakes! Michelle started digging in. Emily laughed, sitting down to eat herself. They both ate quickly, and then had to wait while the cats took their sweet time. Emily tapped her foot impationtly. Bubbles licked her lips and then cleaned off her paws.
Okay, I think I'm ready! She said, streatching her legs. Emily's eyes lit up. Michelle just shrugged, not really understanding what the grey cat ment. Shocks finished up his last bit, then proceded to lick the syrup off his paws.
Lets go in the living room, it'll be more comfortable there anyways. Emily said, cleaning up the table. Michelle helped out the best she could, but Emily shooed her away into the living room. Michelle sat down on the couch, and the two cats made themselves comfertable on the other end. Emily came in and sat in the giant arm chair on the other side of the room.
So, lets start from the beginning and work our way here! Emily said. Bubbles let out a small sigh and licked her front paws.
I think we should wait till we meet the others first too explain. We kinda made a promise to eachother that we would. But with recent events I'm sure that wont be long from now. Bubbles sighed, apologeticly.
Thats not fair!! How long will that take!? Emily sighed.
Not sure, but please, bear with us, a promise is a promise. Bubbles answered.
Yeah, with monster starting to appear in our world, it means Queen Holli must have found a way to come between the dimentions. She probably has created her own army, and has a lot more henchmen and stuff, but we wouldnt know. I haven't been to our home world in two hundred Light Earth years! He finished. Michelle and Emily had very blank stares on their face.
Are you seriouse! You guys are over two hundred years old! Michelle gasped. Shocks nodded his head.
But, where do we fall into all of this? Emily asked. Bubbles nodded her head.
We think you are the reincarnations of the original four warriors. You showed signs of these powers by being able to see the crystals, and by not being so surprised by the monsters that have been appearing, like they are a flashback from your memory. She explained. Except Michelle of course, since Denko was never originally found, but we know that they had to be there somewhere, so maybe she is. Bubbles shrugged her shoulders.
Emily just sat there and thougt about it, but Michelle's short attention span kicked in, and she was soon playing with a piece of string she pulled off of the couch. Shocks was watching the piece of string, then his cat instincs kicked in, and he started to play with it like a little kitten.
Oh wow, those two are more similar than I thought. Bubbles laughed. Emily looked at Michelle, a bit annoyed.
Michelle, how can you even be doing that when our lives just got turned upside-down! Man, you can't stay focused on anything can you! Emily picked up the pillow next to her and threw it at Michelle, who was knocked over by the surprising blow.
Hey! What was that for? Michelle asked, picking herself off the floor.
Your stupid attention span! Class, homework, now this, sheesh Michelle stay focused for once! Emily yellled at her.
And you shouldn't get all hyped up over this. I'm just gonna take it one step at a time! I'm the one who saved your life last night, at the loss of my arm! Michelle yelled back. Emily just sighed.
There's no point in us argueing. That's not exactly what we should be doing right now. I think we need to find this protal the monsters are coming through, and seal it up! Emily suggested. Shocks shook his head.
Its not that easy. The portals are generated. That means they can appear whenever they need them too, there isn't one stable portal that leads to the other world. Kaji and Riku have already tried looking for it, or thats what Flare and Stone told me. Shocks sighed. Emily sighed as wel.
I'm out of ideas then. Michelle, can you think of anything? Michelle just shrugged her shoulders.
Not really. I really don't want any part of this at all, but look how that turned out. Michelle stuck her tonge out. Emily threw another pillow at Michelle, but she caught it with her good hand, then chucked it back. Just leave me alone okay! She yelled at Emily. Shocks had watched her reaction time to the pillow, and found it very impressive. Michelle got up and stormed out of the room.
Is she always like that? Bubbles asked Emily.
Sometimes. Only when she's in a really bad mood. She'll blow over it in time, just leave her alone for a while, Emily suggested. Shocks seemed very intrested in Michelle's behavior, and snuck out after her.
He doesn't listen very well either, Bubbles sighed as she caught him leaving out of the corner of her eye.
Michelle had found herself a nice place to lay down on Emily's front lawn. She sighed as she looked up towards the crisp blue sky. A single white cloud floated over head, and it just seemed to hover there, like it wanted Michelle to see it. She watched it for a while, sighing as it moved on.
Maybe I should tell Emily, Michelle sighed, rolling onto her good side for a moment. When she did, she saw Shocks right in her face, also sitting and looking into the sky.
What should you tell Emily? He looked down at her. Michelle rolled back onto her back and sighed again.
I have a secret that I've been keeping from her since we met. I was ashamed of it when I was little, so I never told anyone. After my dad passed away I just denied it. Michelle closed her eyes. But now its starting to come back to me, and I've been having these strange visions lately, when I day dream and stuff, like I'm a princess in a large scary looking castle. Maybe its just me sleeping in myth class again. Michelle laughed at herself.
And what exactly is this secret? Shocks licked her face. Michelle sat up slowly and looked at the cat. What she didn't notice was that Bubbles and Emily were spying on them from the open doorway.
I was.... Michelle paused, looking down at the ground, I was adopted, when I was about two years old. The agency said they found me at their doorstep, no note, no nothing. I was wrapped in a dark yellow blanket, asleep. Michelle was trying not to think about it to hard, so she wouldn't cry. Emily gasped really loudly, which made Michelle spin around.
You were adopted! Why didn't you tell me! Michelle... Emily walked towards her, but Michelle was horrified.
You weren't supposed to know! Please, forget what you heard! I was lying, that was a spur of the moment! Michelle jumped to her feet and started to back away.
But Michelle, its nothing to be ashamed of! Your still you aren't you! Come back here, please! Emily started to chase her into the street, where Michelle was running off to.
Shocks, why did you do that! Bubbles scolded him. Shocks just looked at her.
I didn't do it on purpose, she did it herself. I think it was something that was really bothering her, but I'm glad she got it off her chest. Something like that would have distracted her a lot during her battles. Shocks licked his paws. Then his head darted towards the left, and Bubbles felt it too.
A portal just opened! We have to get the girls over there!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

smilingcheerios on October 10, 2006, 6:07:48 AM

smilingcheerios on
smilingcheerioswow you updated a lot of chapters... sweetness

nothing better then pancakes for breakfast among friends :)

cat's out of the bag.. (hahaha.. ok sorry that was lame) but yah secrect revealed even though its not a huge deal in my eyes. though I would really have no idea what that would be like. and I'm just rambling, time to go to the next chapter.