Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Training... or is it?

Michelle and her best Friend Emily have gotting into trouble before, but noting like this. Secrets, strange elemental powers, demons and masters. Will the two of them remain friends till the end?

Chapter 8 - Training... or is it?

Chapter 8 - Training... or is it?
Chapter 8
Where are we going in such a rush? Emily asked, chasing after Bubbles and Shocks, with Michelle next to her.
A new portal just opened, and unless you want to end up like Michelle, we have to train you both just a bit so that you are immuned to your powers! Bubbles said, taking a left onto a dirt road.
What! Already! How much time do we have? Emily asked.
About an hour before its fully open. So hurry and keep up! Shocks hissed at Michelle, who was slowing down a bit. They came to a small clearing, that seemed to be invisable to the town. There was also a small hut in the corner, near a line of trees, and on the other side was a small pond.
Where are we? Michelle asked, as they finnaly stopped running. She looked around, amazed that she had never seen this before.
This place is really beautiful! Why have I never noticed it before? Emily asked, as amazed as Michelle was.
Its because its a secret place, and only certain people are alowed in. Everyone else who walks by only sees and empty plot of land, covering in garbage. Bubbles explained. Shocks nodded his head.
Okay, now both of you transform please. Shocks instructed. Michelle let out a huge sigh, and reached into her pocket.
Water! Emily said, holding out her crystal. The blue and white light came and went, and now she was Mizuu.
Lightning! Michelle said reluctantly, and then Denko appeared. The sling had dissapeared, so Denko's arm hung limply by her side.
Okay, that's going to be annoying! Denko hissed at her limp arm. Shocks just laughed.
Denko, come with me to this side, we don't want you to get to close to Mizuu, since she is weak against your element! Shocks had bit down on the bottom of Denko's pants and was dragging her more towards the tree line, where Bubbles was leading Mizuu to the pond.
Okay okay! I'm coming sheesh! Denko shook off her cat, and followed him by his side.
Okay, first thing you need to do is be able to focus on your energy, sortof like what you did in your room last night. It's easy to do this by focusing on one thing, and trying to only get a certain amount of lightning to hit it, Shocks instructed. Denko nodded her head. For the next twenty minuets or so, both Denko and Mizuu went through numbing pain, trying to handle their powers. Mizuu had been able to form a bubble of water around her body like a sheild, and Denko had been able to do the same with stripes of lightning.
You guys learn pretty fast. You have compleate control over your powers! Shocks said, very impressed. Denko and Mizuu were back together again, and a bit exausted as well. They were both sitting on the gound, panting a bit, trying to catch their breath and get back some of their strength.
It was pretty easy, I though? Denko said, who was not as tired as Mizuu.
Speak for yourself! That was really hard! Mizuu sighed.
So now that you can contorl your powers, lets show you how to use them properly! Bubbles said, with a big grin. This is my favorit part of the training.
Is this when we learn to fly?! Denko asked anxiously.
Yes, of course. Flying is and essential thing to learn, especailly if you wanna keep up with Kaji and Riku. Shocks sighed. Denko put a huge grin on her face.
This is going to be awsome! I couldn't wait to learn to fly when I saw them again at school! Denko danced around. Shocks just shook his head like he was either embarassed or disapointed.
You get so excited over little things. Lets hurry up and get this done so we can head over to the portal and help Kaji and Riku send the deamon back to the Dark world. Shocks growled.
So they began their instructions again. It was a lot different than when they were trying to harness their energy. Denko had a hard time at first, compared to Mizuu, who was floating far above the trees before Denko caught on.
This is so hard! Can't you make it a bit easier, like Bubbles is for Mizuu!? Denko hissed as they went on to practicing their powers again, forming attacks and stuff like that.
No! Denko wasn't around the original time when we trained the others. This is as hard for you as it is to me! Shocks slamed his front paw on the ground in annoyance. Now, try it again! Denko sighed, but she did what she was told. Soon, the two of them had mastered the basics of their powers.
I think thats about all we can teach you in the time we have. Right now we have to get over to the portal! It's almost fully open, and will be open completely by the time we get there, Bubbles sighed.
Should we change back, or just fly there? Mizuu asked, stitting down to rest a bit. Denko was lying on her back panting.
You guys must be exhausted. Why don't you change back, and we'll walk there, so you can replenish your energy. Shocks jumped up onto Denko's stomach, making Denko jump in surprise.
Oh, get off, that hurt! Denko shoved him off. Michelle transform. Michelle appeared, still as exhausted as she was before, clutching her yellow box in her left hand. Her sling was back as well. Can I just stay here?
No, and we have to get going! The portal has fully opened now, we have to find that area quickly! Shocks sank his teeth into Michelle's pants, trying to drag her.
Come on Michelle, we'll get to see Riku and Kaji again! Emily winked. Michelle jumped right up on her feet.
I forgot about that! Lets get going then! Shocks was flung off her pants and onto the grass as Michelle and Emily started at a run towards the exit. Bubbles cleared her throat.
Do either of you know where you are going? She asked. Michelle and Emily stopped dead in their tracks. They looked at eachother, then back at their cats innocently.
No, not really! Michelle said, trying not to sound like an idiot. Emily just looked around nevously. Shocks sighed, and dashed out infront of them.
Lets go, and try to keep up! He growled. Emily and Michelle nodded their heads and followed the cats out of the meadow area and back into their town. They basically ran back towards the abandonded ware house again, but instead of going inside, they ran right past it. They ended up in an old junkyard that was bearly used any more. There were mounds of old, crushed up cars. The towers made sortof a labryinth through the junkyard. Emily twitched a bit, and stopped suddenly.
I can feel something werid. Its like a strong force pulling me in. Emily explained, looking around. Michelle gave her a puzzled look. She couldn't sence anything in the area except that she felt someone was watching her.
They have already started the battle without you, deep inside the junkyard, I can feel their powers clashing! Bubbles explained. That might be what you are feeling Emily. Emily nodded her head. She pulled out her box and opened it up. Her blue crystal glimmered in the sunlight.
Water! She yelled. She became Mizuu as soon as the light faded. She nodded her head towards Michelle, who was digging in her pocket for her own box. Pulling it out, she opened it.
Lightning! She yelled, and Denko appeared from the light. The two girls nodded at eachother, and ran into the maze. Once inside, Mizuu could feel the presence of Riku and Kaji, so she lead the way, Denko following right behind her, making sure her arm didn't show like it was injured.
Oh wow, look at that! Denko cried, seeing the sparks fly out from a pillar of cars.
It must be an Electric Deamon or something! Mizuu guessed. There was a slight worry in the tone of her voice, and Denko senced it.
Don't worry, I wont let it touch you! Denko grinned. Mizuu nodded her head, and they continued again, this time Denko took the lead. They pulled out into a large clearing, and there they saw the battle. Riku was flinging vines around everywhere, and Kaji was doing his best to dodge the random blue lightning bolts that were coming down from the sky. Looking up, they saw a spikey wolf like creature. Every time it howeled, another lightning bolt came flying towards one of them.
HA!!! Denko jumped out and fired one of her own lightning bolts at the wolf. It shook its head, then growled, glaring down at Denko.
There you guys are! We were afraid you weren't going to show. Kaji rushed over to them.
Yes, sorry we are late. Mizuu said. Denko was over with Riku, blasting away at the deamon.
Theres not really much I can do, since its weakness is earth. Kaji pointed to Riku. He gets very determinded when he's in charge. Kaji sighed. Mizuu laughed a little.
Doesn't look like its bothering Denko too much. She pointed out. Denko was dodging the lightning bolts as much as Riku was, even with her injured arm. She was actually getting in more hits that Riku was.
Its just a weak, class one deamon. Maybe they think we are weakening or something. Kaji explained. Then, Denko got nailed right in the head with a lightningbolt. She went flying backwards into a pile of cars, getting locked inside one of the cars as the door closed after she was inside.
Denko! Mizuu yelled, running over to her aid. Kaji ran back and helped keep the attention off of Mizuu and Denko.
How's it going? He asked Riku.
Not to good. I can bearly land a hit on it. Denko has been hitting it the most, but we know her attacks are bearly affecting it, I think thats why its letting her hit it. Riku was taking deep breaths. He was starting to get exhausted from using his powers so much. This may be a class one deamon, but its quite smart for one.
Kaji nodded his head, and put a sheild up as the deamon continued attacking again. Back at the car Mizuu was pulling Denko out.
Ow, that really hurt! Denko said, doing her best to get out. Her injured arm wasn't helping at all.
Come on Denko, get up already. Mizuu scowled. With one last pull, Denko was freed from the car. They went rolling backwards, right up next to Riku and Kaji.
Move you two! He's starting up his final attack! Kaji yelled as his sheild shattered into thin air. He flew backwards from the after effect of the attack. Looking up, Denko saw the wolf throw its head back, and let out a large howle, charging up an enormouse amount of electrical energy. It all collected into a large ball above its head. It seemed to be drawing power from everything electrical in the area, including Denko.
Mizuu, somethings wrong, I feel so weak! Denko didn't get up when Mizuu did.
We have to move, now! Mizuu yelled at her. But it was too late, the wolf launched its attack. It moved to fast for even Riku or Kaji to stop it now. It nailed Mizuu right in the back, as she stood over Denko. She let out a death defying screem, as the electricity coarsed through her body, amplifying each second from her water power.
Mizuu! No! Denko reached up and grabbed her shoulder as she fell, struggling to hold her up with one weak arm. She felt the electricity flowing though her, and knowing if it stayed there, it was going to kill her best friend. Not even knowing what she was doing, Denko closed her eyes, and slowly drain the electricity from Mizuu's body, into her own, regaining her own strength as well. Soon, there was bearly any left, so she was going to be okay. Denko stood up, with a limp Mizuu leaning on her shoulder.
Okay, now you've made me really mad! Denko hissed at the wolf. It sounded like it was laughing at her.
You can't hurt me with your pathetic electrical attacks! I'll just absorb them like I have been doing. Its voice was a low growling, but Denko understood it. Denko slowly lowered Mizuu onto the ground, away from the wolf, who was still floating far above their heads. There was an aura growing around Denko's body as well, and her power was greatly increasing.
Kaji, watch her please. I have a score to settle with this demon. With that, Denko took off into the air, flying like she had been taught how to do it her whole life.
Okay, you and me, right now! Denko got right in the wolves face, scaring it half to death. It just snarled at Denko, and tried to bite her. She dodge easily, punching him good in the face with her good arm. Then she did an aerial back-flip, kicking him with both feet as she did. This startled the deamon so much, he lost his consentration and fell to the ground. Riku immetiatly jumped on it, pilling rock ontop of it. They all watched it disinergrated, as its energy became part of the wind.
Denko felt her body become heavy and weak, and she plumited towads the ground, also losing her concentration. She felt someone catch her in mid-fall, and when she looked up, Kaji was smiling back at her.
I've got you don't worry. He said gentaly. Something in his voice seemed familiar to Denko, but she didn't say anything. They reached the ground, and Denko stood up on her own, a bit wobbly, but she was okay. Instantly, she ran over to where Mizuu lay, and kneeled beside her. She was still unconsious, but she was breathing more normally now, and her pulse seemed to have gone back to normal. Denko sighed in relife, and lied down herself, completely exhausted.
Great job Denko! You really pulled through today! I didn't think I was ever going to be able to get a stong hit on that thing! Riku jumped around for joy. Denko just nodded her head.
Your arm is still injured, isn't it? Kaji asked, kneeling down beside the girls. Denko struggled to get herself back to a sitting position.
Yeah, it is. It'll probably be like this for a few weeks. I can still fight though, it just slows me down a bit! Denko forced a smile. Kaji laughed at her.
Its okay. I'm glad the two of you showed up though. We are a team now, so we should work like one. Kaji helped her stand up. They heard Mizuu groan a bit, and her eyes opened slowly.
Where am I? Mom? Michelle? She said slowly. Instantly, Denko jumped down to get near her.
Mizuu you are okay! Denko hugged her.
I think so. But my back really hurts! That is you right Michelle? She asked. Denko emitiatly looked around nervousely. Then she answered in a very soft whisper.
Yes, it is, but remember, you are Mizuu right now, and I'm Denko! Mizuu's eyes got wide at that point.
Oh crap, I forgot! She sat up slowly, but it had been too late. The boys were looking at the suspiciously.
Wait, you two know eachother!? Riku hissed. Denko turned around and nodded her head.
Right after the school gym incidednt. We kind of had it figured out anyways while we were fighting. Denko tried to explain. Her face was turning red in embarassment.
So, is your name really Michelle? Kaji asked, he seemed really curiouse. Denko looked around, a bit nervouse.
Uh, maybe! She smiled.
Why don't you all just introduce yourselves. Since you are going to be a team, you might as well know your other identities as well. A voice said from behind a pile of cars. Four cats approached them from that area, led by a black cat with red paws. Behind him was a pure brown cat, then Bubbles and Shocks. Denko sighed in relife again, then closed her eyes.
Michelle, Transform! The light sourounded her, and the cleared, leaving her on the ground in her human form. Her jeans and shirt were the same as she had put on that morning.
Ah! You are who I thought you were! Sean Transform! Kaji yelled. The light cleared and Sean stood there, in all his glory.
Sean!!! Michelle gasped.
I had a feeling it was you, when I flew up and caught you as you fell. You were so relaxed, like you've been in that situation before. He grinned.
Emily transform! Mizuu yelled. Emily stayed on the ground, even after she changed back.
Oh, it still hurts! Emily whined. Bubbles ran over to her to look her over. She licked Emily's face as well, hoping it would confort her.
Brian transform! Riku yelled. After changing back, he immetiatly ran over to Emily and knelt beside her.
So, you do all know eachother. That's kindof weird? The brown cat commented. Shocks nodded his head, wanting to say something, but Michelle just noticed he was carrying something in his mouth.
My sling! Oh, thank you Shocks! Shocks brought it over to her, then spat along the ground.
It tastes nasty, like sweat and dirty gym socks. He shook his head at the thought. Michelle chuckled and scratched him behind the ears, which made him purr a bit.
No matter how much you try not to be, your still a cat on the inside. Michelle grinned at him. He hissed a bit, but just went to licking his paws. Michelle adjusted her sling, and pulled her arm through it slowly.
Michelle, what happened exactly to your arm. I know it was injured in the battle against the mermaid deamon, but how exactly did it happen. I didn't see it hit you there at all!? Sean knelt down beside Michelle.
Well... that was my first fight. And I was kindof rushed into it, so I wasn't trained on how to use my powers properly, so they kindof backfired on me. My lightning fried all the nerves in my arm. Shocks said I was lucky it didn't go any futher than it did. Michelle smiled. Sean looked like he was going to have a heart attack. His face had turned white a bit while she told her story.
Sean, are you okay? Michelle asked. His eyes came back into focus, and he shook his head.
Yeah I'm fine. Just spaced out a bit! He smiled.
Ow! Brian that hurts! There was also a smacking sound coming from behind them. Brian had tried to pick Emily up, but it still hurt, so she smacked him in the face when he wouldn't put her down. Michelle started laughing, and went over to help her friend out.
Brian, just put her back down on the ground ok! Michelle yelled at him. He sighed and stood Emily up. She smacked him again, but just playfully behind the head.
I think we should walk you girls home, you look exhausted. Brain smirked. Sean nodded his head, but he had a more serious look on his face.
Yes, why don't we meet at the meadow tommorow a little after noon. We need to talk a bit more about your powers and the history and stuff. The black cat explain. It had such a powerful, leading voice. It noticed that Emily and Michelle were staring at it.
My name is Flare. I'm Kaji's gaurdian cat. The brown one over there is Stone, Riku's gaurdian cat. He explained. Shocks snickered a bit. Michelle just nudged him with her foot.
Ok, nice to meet you! Emily smiled.
Lets get going already, I'm tired too! Brian yawned. Emily glared at him, but then she nodded her head, agreeing with him.
Yes lets please. I need to lie down again. Michelle got closer to her, so Emily could lean on her shoulder, which she did. Sean nodded his head, and they all headed back to town.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

smilingcheerios on October 10, 2006, 6:20:48 AM

smilingcheerios on
smilingcheerioscat's out of the bag again (haha sorry I'll stop with the lameness.)

omg, this line made me laugh really hard: "The light cleared and Sean stood there, in all his glory." xD

cool chapter, I liked the idea of Denko getting locked in a car. xD