Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I'm Not That Girl

A songfic I wrote after seeing Wicked. Pairings are as follows: InoSasu and one sided SakuSasu. READ IT!! Ahem. Please?

Chapter 1 - I'm Not That Girl

Chapter 1 - I'm Not That Girl
'Hands touch, eyes meet Sudden silence, sudden heat Hearts leap in a giddy whirl He could be that boy But I'm not that girl:'

Sakura sighed as she listened to Ino and Sasuke laughing nearby. 'Why Ino, why? You knew I knew he was the one for me. Why did you steal him?' Sakura supposed she shouldn't be frequenting the park if she didn't want to hear the happy couples giggles, but old habits die hard. She had been so used to stalking Sasuke here for so long, that she was used to sitting in the park and looking for him. She ignored the flip her heart did upon hearing Sasuke's voice whispering some sweet nothing in Ino's ear. She had imagined the scene so many times, only it had been her he'd been wooing. Sakura tried to force the pain down, tried not to think about all the times he'd accidently brushed against her hand. Those types of encounters always left her with this unfamiliar heat curling throughout her body.

'Don't dream too far Don't lose sight of who you are Don't remember that rush of joy He could be that boy I'm not that girl'

'Face it Sakura. He loves Ino, not you. He'll never see you as more than maybe a good friend.' 'YEAH!' Inner Sakura cheered. 'C'mon girl, there's plenty more fish in the sea!' Bursting into tears at her inner self's words, Sakura ran from the park, the distraught girls love and best friend completely and utterly wrapped up in their own little world of butterflies and candy and roses.

Racing into her house, past her startled mother and up into the surprisingly bare bedroom she occupied, Sakura threw herself onto her bed. Crying into the little fox plushie she'd owned for Kami-sama-Knows-How-Long, Sakura started the long and hard process of mending her broken heart. 'I built practially my whole life around him!' She cried. 'I dreamed too far and I definetly lost sight of who I was.' She struggled to regain control of herself. 'C'mon Sakura, just don't remember that rush of joy that you got when your hands brushed, or he stared so intently at you.'

'Ev'ry so often we long to steal To the land of what-might-have-been But that doesn't soften the ache we feel When reality sets back in'

Sakura's crying started to loose some of that desperate edge it had possesed earlier and she sat up, wiping her eyes. She even smiled slightly, remembering a sticker she'd once seen, reading, Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental. 'I know day dreaming about him really won't change a thing and won't make it any easier to bear when I come back to reality, so why can I not stop myself?'

'Blithe smile, lithe limb She who's winsome, she wins him Gold hair with a gentle curl That's the girl he chose And Heaven knows I'm not that girl:'

Still smiling, Sakura sat up and carefully set down the tear soaked fox plushie. She worked her way to a stack of CD's sitting on her desk and rifled through them until she found a burned CD bearing the legend 'Wicked' in green pen. She and Ino had gone to see the musical. Sakura had spent her money on a black tee-shirt bearing the legend Wicked in white letters, while Ino had bought the soundtrack to the musical. She'd generously burned a copy for Sakura and it was this that she turned on. Flipping to number 7, Sakura felt more tears coming. 'This song made me cry. And For Good made me cry too.' She recalled, listening to the sounds of the song. When the lyrics reached the part where Idina Mensel sang about Galinda, Sakura gave a minute start. 'This part describes Ino nearly perfectly.' She marveled.

'Don't wish, don't start Wishing only wounds the heart I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl There's a girl I know He loves her so I'm not that girl:'

'Follow the songs advice Sakura.' Inner Sakura advised. 'It's valuable. Don't wish, it'll only ruin your heart. There will be a happy ending for you, but only if you let Sasuke go. I know you can, c'mon.' Sakura swayed slightly to the beat of the song and didn't answer her inner self. "I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl either Elphaba." She spoke to the CD, as if it could hear her. "Unlike you, I don't get a happy ending with the man of my dreams. But that doesn't mean I can't try for my own happy ending." Sakura listened to the final chords as the song ended and turned off her stereo. Walking down the stairs, she smiled. It would be a long hard battle, but she could and would, eventually get over her feelings for Sasuke. She knew she could.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sasukeXsakuraforever on March 14, 2007, 8:56:39 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverYAY........make more

moon_child2000 on November 24, 2006, 4:54:08 PM

moon_child2000 on
moon_child2000OKAY! I HAVE TO SAY IT!! Go to fanfiction.net and look up IcySapphire. There is a totally better version there. Thank you.