Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

One day in the life of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks which will change them forever…

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
Titel:Title:                           Meetingyour mate for life[/i]
Disclaimer:                 Nothing belongs to me [/i]
Author:                                   Moony4ever[/i]
Category:                    romance[/i]
Summery:                    One day in the life of RemusLupin and Nymphadora Tonks which will change them forever…[/i]
 [/i]
AN.:[/i]
First of all, I’d like tothank SlytherinFan15[/b], not only forcorrecting my mistakes (I’m not English, meaning it’s hard to read anything byme!) but also for pointing out sentences which weren’t really logical. Thankyou very much!!!!!!!!![/i]
I hope you enjoy this ffand if you do, please give me some kind of feedback!!!!![/i]
 [/i]
 
 
Meeting your mate for life 
 
 
“A shadow in the moonlightHere she comes to me
We sit and talk about itall
And out in the distance
A dream is over
All I’ve been working for
 
This is not how I want youto see
I have done the best I can
 
You are the reason I’llstay in the fight
And I can’t take itanymore
You are the reason I’llwake in the night
And say that I was onlydreaming”
You are the reason (Chrisde Burgh)
 
 
  
Remus’ PoV 
            “Hey, Rem! Wake up!”
            RemusLupin slowly opened his eyes; he blinked and for a moment he asked himselfwhere the hell he was.
            Thenhe started to remember.
            Heand Sirius had tried to clean up Number 12 Grimmauld Place, and then it hadhappened! Sirius had found some old Sherry bottles, and of course he had madeRemus drink with him. Well, okay, to be honest, he hadn’t been completelyagainst it, but anyway, it was all Sirius’ fault.
            Asalways, Remus had forgotten how fast werewolves get drunk, and he now painfullyremembered this fact as his head started to ache.
            “shoot!”A burning pain shot through his body and his head felt as if it would burst anyminute; he fell straight back onto his bed, closing his eyes again to find abit  of peace; but life’s just not fair!
            “Areyou still alive?” Sirius’ humorous voice was everything but welcome.
            “NO!Ughh,” the werewolf hissed in pain.
            Heturned his gaze towards the clock. It was 6:30 in the morning!
            “Why,in Merlin’s name is this idiot waking me up at 6:30. Why the hell is he awakeanyway????” He staggered towards the bath. All he needed was a shower, thenmaybe he would lie down again, and maybe, just maybe, he would go down andmurder a certain someone; the someone who made him drunk yesterday.
            WhileRemus let the warm water flow over his aching body he heard Sirius singing inthe kitchen.
            “What’sthe matter with him today?”
            Hedried himself and walked over to his suitcase, which he had brought with him afew days ago. He hadn’t planned to spend the night here because the Ministrygets suspicious if a werewolf spends too much time away from his own place. Butbeing prepared for everything, Remus had decided to place some extra clotheshere if he ever needed to change one day.
            Hesearched for a dry shirt, a tie, a Molly-Weasley-Pullover (luckily there wasn’tanything embarrassing written on it) and an old, worn out pair of jeans. Hehadn’t worn these jeans for over three years, so he checked himself in themirror.
            Hisreflection looked at him with tired, grey eyes. Two parallel scars crossed hisface; they were slowly fading away, but Remus knew they would never disappearcompletely. His honey-coloured hair was a bit too long, causing it to fall intohis eyes. The gray streaks were clearly visible. His body itself was thetypical body of a werewolf. He was lean, almost too thin, pale, and he looked likethe softest gust of wind could blow him away. His cloths had been patchedseveral times.
            Remuslooked down at the jeans he had bought almost seven years ago; they had fitperfectly at that time, but now they were far too wide and the once blue fabrichad adopted a dirty grey-brown colour.
            Hetied his tie and made sure that his sleeves were covering his arms; no one wassupposed to see the scars, not even Sirius.
            Hesighed and left the room measured, carefully, in order not to move to fast.
            Havingleft his bedroom he smelled breakfast
            Sirius is cooking? Am I dreaming?[/i]
            “GoodMorning, Moony?” Sirius greeted him cheerfully, trying to brush the soot of hisburnt pancakes
            Unbelievable how much alcohol he can take[/i] Remus thought whilewalking over to him.
            “Morning,are you gracious enough to tell me why on earth you’re awake at this time ofthe day? And what’s that supposed to be?” He pointed at the pancake, whichdidn’t really look like one.
            “Guess!”
            “Sirius,I’m not in the state of… stop, what do you think you’re doing????”
            “Pancakes.”
            “You’reburning them!”
            “Well,you can scrape it off.”
            “Butthey won’t taste that good!”
            “You’renever satisfied!”
            “Handit over!”
            “What?”
            “The pancakes!!!”
            “Why?”
            “Because you can’t do it!”
            “Youwant me to starve????”
            “Merlin,Sirius hand it over, I’m going to make breakfast!!”
            Remussnapped the pan out of Sirius’ hand and made the contents disappear. Sirius wasnow smiling down at his friend, who was bustling over the oven. With a fewflicks of his wand he made the ingredients mix themselves. He then started tocook the first portion.
            “You’realmost as good as Molly, you know? I’m thinking about keeping you. You’re a lotbetter than Kreacher!”
            “Speakingof Kreacher, where is he?”
            “Noidea. I guess he’s sitting in a dusty corner crying after my dear mum.”
            Siriusstarted to imitate Kreacher’s voice. “Kreacheris so sad, Kreacher is so embarrassed, Kreacher has toserve the blood traitor of a son and his half-breed friend. Scum,which stains the pure floor of the family’s house.”[/i]
            Remuslaughed out loud but stopped abruptly when his head started to hurt again.
            “Iforgot how badly you cope with alcohol.” Sirius laughed too.
            “You’llforget much sooner,” answered Remus and threw the muddy mass of dough inSirius’ face.
            “Youdare…” screamed Sirius, and he jumped at Remus, pulling him down to the dustyfloor, tickling him all over.
            “NO…Sirius stop…. PLEASE….NO….“
            “Saythat you’re sorry!”
            “Sirius…. NO…”
            “Sayit!”
            “Okay,okay… I’m sorry…really… I’m seriously sorry!”
            Siriusseemed to be content and let go of Remus; he slowly stood up and started toclean off his clothes.
            Thewerewolf, on the other hand, was still lying on the floor, breathing heavily.This was when he realised how elegant Sirius was dressed. He sat up. “Now,you’re going to tell me instantly why you’re dressed like that.”
            Siriussmiled. “Werewolves are curious creatures, aren’t they?”
            “Ifyou don’t tell me you won’t get a pancake!”
            “Ohno, the big bad wolf knows my weakness. Alright, I give in. I’m telling youbefore you take away my life elixir!” Sirius sat on the large wooden tablewhile Remus went on cooking. “Do you remember Dumbledore fetching me in the endof July to do a job?”
            “Vaguely,”Remus answered.
            “Well,he wanted my help in winning a new member of the Order, and Kingsley told himhe know a certain someone who might be interested. And it was this someone wevisited.”
            “Avery good strategy, asking for help with a condemned murderer beside you!”
            “That’swhat I thought too, until I heard who this someone was.”
            “Andwho was this someone?”
            “TONKS!”
            “Blessyou!”
            “No,Tonks, it’s a name!”
            Siriuswas beaming while Remus just stared.
            “Tongs? No! You said “Tonks”! Do you mean “Andi Tonks”?”
            “Nah,by Merlin’s beard, can’t you remember? Tonks! Andi’sdaughter!”
            “Areyou talking about Nymphadora?”
            “She’sgoing to kill you if you ever call her that.”
            “Isn’tshe a bit young? How old is she now? 20? 21?”
            “She’s25 and an auror! And by the way, you weren’t even of age when you joined.”
            “Timeswere different,” Remus explained.
            “Notthat different, actually. I talked with her; she was so happy about the factthat I was innocent. We didn’t even need to convince her too much. Andi neverreally believed I did it.”
            Remuslooked very sceptical. “I still have no idea why you’re that happy TODAY.”
            “Becausetoday is the first official meeting between her and the rest of the Order… in 4hours!”
            “You’renot going to assault her, are you?”
            “Remuswhat do you think of me??? She’s family!!!”
            Thebrown haired men chuckled quietly and started to serve.
            “Youdo remember her, don’t you? You meet her once, during the summer of our 6thyear. You stayed at my place during the Quidditch game.”
            “She’sa metamorphmagus, isn’t she?”
            “Yeah!”
“She was quite a nicegirl, sweet, intelligent.”
“Yeah.” Sirius suddenly startedto smile in a strange way. It was that kind of smile that made Remus feeluncomfortable because he knew there was something on Sirius’ mind. Something hewould like better not knowing about.
            “What?”
            “Shealways liked you, you know?”
            Remussmiled. “Yes, she didn’t like Peter, he was never much fun around children;James had his deathly Lily-obsession and you had to look after him all thetime. I was the only one left.”
            “Well,I was Uncle Sirius, James was Mr. Potter, Peter was Mr. Pettigrew and you… youwere Moony. I have to say, I was somehow a bit jealous.”
            “Ohcome on, I haven’t seen her since.”
            “You wanna know what she told me????”
            “No,but you’re going to say it anyway, aren’t you?”
            “Exactly! After you left, the little girl explained that,after she’s as tall and pretty as Lily, she would marry a certain Remus MoonyLupin!”
            Remusstared at Sirius, he had no idea how to react. Hedecided to be slightly confused and amused. “Girls.”
            Siriuswas smiling even brighter. “Yeah, girls. But girls turn into women. You shouldsee her, she really is beautiful. Very pretty, sweet and still intelligent,although a bit clumsy.” Sirius couldn’t help but burst into laughter when hesaw the expression on Remus’ face.
            “Tellme, how long has it been?”
            “Noidea, she was about seven, it has to be about 15 years ago,” came Remus’ quietreply. How could the time pass so fast?
            “Iwasn’t talking about THAT.”
            “Whatwere you talking about?”
            “Youknow perfectly well.”
            “No,should I?”
            “Yeah,you should.”
            “No!”
            “Yes.”
            “No.”
            “Yes.”
            “No!”
            “Okay,how long has it been since you had your last girlfriend? When did you last kissa girl, sleep with one?”
            Remusstared at him; he felt his cheeks burn. “That’s a very private question, do youknow that?” he answered dryly.
            “Oh,come on. I’ve been living like a monk for 12 years, it can’t be longer.”
            “SiriusI…”
            “Comeon, we are friends. Tell me. How long ago?”
            Remusremained silent so Sirius pushed on.
            “Whyaren’t you married? I was imprisoned, that’s my excuse. Where’s yours? Wearen’t that young anymore, remember? We should think about beginning a family,assuming someone’s willing to marry us.”
            Remuslooked at him suspiciously, he felt trapped like an animal. “Why do you want toknow?”
            Theblack haired man thought for a second then answered carefully. “Because I dobelieve that you haven’t had … an intimate relationship with someone becauseof… because of your furry little problem. Tonks, on the other hand, is a grownwoman and doesn’t care about such things. She’s used to changing her appearancetoo. She knows you’re a werewolf; I told her. She took it straight. Well, Ithought that maybe…“
            “What?You’re trying to pair me off with your own cousin???”
            “NO!I don’t want to pair you two off. I want you two to marry because she isexactly what you miss in your life, and it’s quite the same thing with her. I’msick of having an old bachelor beside me who probably has no idea how to toucha girl anymore.”
            “Sirius! She is more than 10 years younger than me. I do nothave any money and I’m a damned werewolf! I would never lay that burden on any woman and your attempts to saddleyour cousin with me just shows that you have absolutely no idea how it feels,what it’s like. Not the slightest idea!!!” hissed Remus angrily.
            Siriusjumped to his feet. “You’ve been a loner for almost your entire life, you can’t be one forever Moony! Someday you’llunderstand that even you deserve happiness, like anyone else; yes, even morethan a normal man. And I hope that someday you’ll find a woman who loves youthe way you are, and I do hope that you’ll accept this precious gift.” He stormedout of the room angrily, leaving the untouched pancakes and a stunned Remusbehind.
            “I’mgoing to fetch her now. I’ll be back in about three hours. Get a grip onyourself and don’t behave like a complete egoist,” he called from outside thekitchen.
            “I’mnot an…” Remus started, but Sirius had alreadytransformed into a dog and left the house.
            Afterhis friend had left, the werewolf remained sitting in the kitchen for sometime, poking around in his breakfast.
            Hehadn’t thought about a relationship for some time; it had to be about fiveyears since he last had something with a woman. And none of these women hadever known WHAT he was.
            Beingtogether with Sirius again reminded him painfully of how much he hated beingalone.
            Ifeverything he wanted would come true, if Voldemort would be defeated, ifeveryone would survive and if Sirius would be acquitted… what would happen?
Maybe they would live together for some time, but inthe end Sirius would fall in love. He wasn’t the kind of man who managed tostay alone for too long. Maybe Sirius would even marry her and then he, Remus,would have to leave again. Of course they would visit each other, but itwouldn’t be the same.
            Remuswould return in the evening, enter his cold, empty, lifeless flat knowing nobodywas there waiting for him. He would spend the whole night alone, like he alwaysdid, like he always would.
            Hesighed. He thought he would have accepted this fact a long time ago, but slowlyhe started to realize that he would never be able to accept the fact thatwerewolves are condemned to live a lonely life.
            Butit’s just like that. Werewolves are alone. Nobody loves werewolves.
            Heraised himself up from the chair and started cleaning the dishes. He thoughtabout cleaning some of the other rooms too, since there was a thick layer ofdust lying on the cupboards in the room upstairs. He just needed to distracthimself and stop thinking too much. It was not healthy to think about oneselftoo much.
            Hestarted with the attic, but he hadn’t finished when he heard people talking inthe hall downstairs and shortly after it the screams and shouts of Mrs. Black.He cleaned his hands and hurried down.
 
 
 
 
Tonks’ PoV 
            NymphadoraTonks was walking around her small flat rather nervously. She was alreadydressed and was now more than excited. It was 7:30. They should be here any minute. Her eyes flickeredto the Muggle clock in the corner of her living room, and then she turnedtowards the door.
            “Damnit!” She whispered and hurried to her bed room.
            Carefullyshe looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes wandered over her thin, wellformed body to her green eyes and her vivid pink hair.
            “MaybeI should make my breasts bigger?” she asked her reflexion while looking atherself from the side. “No, Mad-Eye will be there, he knows what I really looklike. He would think I’m not serious about it all. And on top of that,Dumbledore will be at Headquarters!”
            Shestraightened her green top and pulled at her violet coat one last time. Herjeans were patched; she thought they looked cool.
            I’m going to see him again! For the first time in almost20 years![/i]
            Tonksput her wand into her trousers. She could clearly remember the day she firstsaw him. Sirius had brought him over during the holiday, together with JamesPotter and Peter Pettigrew, the traitor. She had immediately had an eye on him;the honey-coloured hair, the lean body, his gentle, caring manners and hisscarred face. But what she liked most about him were his eyes: his grey-blueeyes, similar to those of a husky, so inhuman but wonderful anyway. His eyeshad always given her comfort; she had always known how he felt just by lookinginto his eyes. She had always known that this man was different, sointelligent, wise, and kind-hearted, but also the saddest of all. She alwaysknew he was special, just like her.
            Whenhe left in the evening she knew this was the man she was going to marry oneday.
            Ofcourse, these were the feelings of a silly girl. Now she was a grown woman andshe didn’t feel love at all, that time was over. It would be foolish[/i] she thought and smiled sadly. She was more than10 years younger than he and could hardly remember him. It was just a simplecrush, every girl remembers a time she wanted to marry her uncle or grandfathersomeday. Well, Tonks had simply wanted to marry nice Mr. Lupin.
            Unusual,but not strange.
            Butdespite all this, Tonks had still been very excited when Sirius told her thatshe would meet him again. Especially after she was told that he was a werewolf.
At first, she was shocked and wasn’t willing tobelieve it. She even thought Sirius was joking; but it was the truth. Shewasn’t sure how this mild mannered man she knew and this wild creature belongedtogether. She had started to read everything about werewolves she could find,and had asked her cousin a lot of questions. In the end she came to theconclusion that Moony… Mr. Lupin… had to be an extraordinary strong man to bearall the prejudices, discrimination and the pain but still remain a gentleman.
            Sincethis news she was even keener to become his friend (not his lover, just afriend!) in order to help him. But when the DAY came closer she grew even morenervous; she felt as if she would be introduced to the Minister of Magic. Thatwas, of course, just because she finally had the chance to talk to him likeanother grown up person and NOT because she still had feelings for him. Thatwould be ridiculous.
            But why on earth do I feel all these butterflies in mystomach from just thinking about him?[/i]
            Tonkspushed the uncomfortable question aside and concentrated once more on her hair.Then someone knocked on the door.
            “Tonks! It’s us, Kingsley and Snuffles!”
            Nymphadoramoved so fast that she knocked over a plate while running to the door. Standingin front of her flat were two creatures. The first was human and called himselfKingsley, and sitting beside him was a big, black dog. In actuality, it wasn’ta dog, but she was one of the few people who knew.
            Siriuslaunched for her and started to lick her face.
            “Ughhh,Si.. Snuffles…Stop! Sit! Bad dog! No!”
            Thedog put his tail between his legs and slowly backed down.
            “Wotcherboss. Sorry Siri, I love you too, just never lick me again, okay?” Tonks kneltdown in front of the dog and stroked him slowly. She smiled silently.
            “You’reready?” asked Kingsley.
            “Yeah.”
            Thethree of them crossed the road.
            “Takea hold of my right arm and touch Snuffles.”
            Tonksgripped Kingsley’s arm and pulled Snuffles into a bone breaking hug. She closedher eyes tightly. When she opened them again she found herself in one of thoserich streets in London.Nothing here looked like the Headquarters of a secret organisation to fightVoldemort.
            “We’llneed to walk for a bit.”
            “Where…”she started, but Kingsley interrupted her.
            “We’regonna talk inside. Here, read and memorize.”
            Hehanded her a piece of parchment with an address written on it in Dumbledore’shandwriting:
 
“The Headquarters of theOrder of the Phoenixmay be found at
Number twelve, Grimmauld Place, London”
 
            Assoon as Tonks had memorized the sentence the parchment burst into flames.
            “IsDumbledore the secret keeper?”
            “Yes.”Kingsley whispered “Questions only inside please. It’s not safe out here.”
 
            Tonksfollowed them down the street, waiting for a house to appear out of nowhere.And in fact, it did. Between numbers 14 and 10 the Black house appeared out ofthin air.
            Somewhere inside this building is Remus,[/i] Tonks thought.  No! Ididn’t just think that, did I? What I meant to think was that somewhere insidethere are other members of the Order, INCLUDING Remus.[/i]
            Kingsleytouched the door with his wand and it opened instantly. Tonks entered and foundherself in complete darkness. She stumbled and… crashed into something big andmassive. Both the mystery object and Tonks started to tumble to the ground.
            “Tonks! Be silent!” hissed Sirius, who had returned to hishuman shape again.
            “Why?”Tonks didn’t need to hear the answer to this question, because she heardsomething else.
            “Auror riff-raff![/i] Enemies of the purebloods, be gone! And you, horrid specimen of a son, traitor to yourown blood, disgrace of this noble house, monstrous product of dreadfulness,murderer, hypocrite, thief! YOU! Even you! You dirtyhalf-breed of a Tonks. Mutant. Don’t you dare carry your father’s dirty bloodinto this house. Scum! Awful riff-raff…”[/i]
            Tonkslooked up at her aunt in shock and horror. Sirius stood in front of her andtried to pull the curtains over the portrait; he didn’t succeed. Tonks heard stepsand the shadowy form of a man appeared to help Sirius.
 
 
 
 
Remus’ PoV 
            Remushurried down as soon as he heard the voice of Mrs. Black rise. He saw threeforms standing in the hall: Kingsley, Sirius trying to cover the painting, anda smaller, dainty one. This had to be Nymphadora. He could neither see her facenor anything else, but he felt a strange feeling somewhere in his stomach,where normally the wolf was sleeping. All his senses seemed to be sharper andhe smelled her sweet scent. He was shocked when he realised all he wanted to dowas jump forward and snog this woman senseless. This had to be the wolf. Heseemed to have reacted extremely possessively toward this woman. Remusconcentrated and forced the wolf back into his hiding place before he hurriedforward to help Sirius.
            “Dirt, Mug…You![/i] You awful creature, you half-breed, youmutant, you creature of the dark, son of evil itself, there is no place foryour dirty fur in this house! Be gone and disappear into the mountains againyou monster, bastard, outcast, dirty freak…”[/i]
            “Shutyour face!” screamed Sirius, while covering his mother with the curtains withthe help of his friend.
            Thiswas really the last thing Remus wanted, to meet Nymphadora Tonks again and beinsulted by the dead woman hanging on the wall.
            “Cansomebody turn on the light please?” the young woman asked. Her voice was likemusic in Remus’ ears. He didn’t understand the words she was saying,   only the sound of words. Thewolf inside purred in contentment.
            “Sure.”Sirius lit the hall with his wand and there she was.
            Shewas incredible!
            Herpale skin shone in the light of the fire and her pink hair brought a light intohis life he’d never seen before. She looked confused first, then their gazesmet and she beamed. Her smile was the most beautiful thing Remus had everwitnessed; he couldn’t help but return her smile.
            Remus, you’re behaving like a bloody teenager![/i] He told himself.
            Hefelt Sirius’ knowing gaze on him and decided to make the first move. He walkedtowards her, the same moment she started to move forward as well.
Before he even knew what happened he was standingright in front of her, staring into her wonderful eyes.
            “Umm…hi,”was all he managed to say. Her smile was fantastic.
            “I’mNymphadora Tonks.” She held out her hand to him.
            “Iknow. Remus Lupin.” She knew WHAT he was and still shewanted to touch him!!!!!
            “Iknow.” She answered “It’s great to see you again, Remus Lupin.”
            “Thepleasure is mine; it’s been far too long Nymphadora Tonks.” Remus smiled andSirius couldn’t believe that Tonks didn’t correct him. But at the moment sheseemed to be drowning in his eyes.
            Theirhands touched and for an instant Remus thought he felt a little electric push.
            Did she feel it too? I don’t think so.               [/i]
            [/i]The werewolf inside him didn’t want to let go of the softhand, and when Tonks started to laugh and hugged him tightly Remus knew he waslost. Forever.
            “Imissed you, Moony!” she whispered in his ear. It made him shiver.
            “Imissed you too, Nymphadora!” Remus smiled like he hadn’t for a long time.
            Kingsleyand Sirius were standing behind them, giving each other meaningful looks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tonks’ PoV 
“Dirt, Mug…You![/i] You awful creature, you half-breed, you mutant, you creatureof the dark, son of evil itself, there is no place for your dirty fur in thishouse! Be gone and disappear into the mountains again you monster, bastard,outcast, dirty freak…”[/i]
            Theman started to help Sirius hide the screaming woman. This has to be Remus[/i] Tonks thought; her heart was beating wildly.
            Finallythe screaming stopped. The shadow moved away from the portrait.
            “Cansomebody turn on the light please?” Tonks asked carefully and seconds laterSirius’ wand had lit the room. Nymphadora Tonks was looking right into the eyesof Remus Lupin. Her breathing stopped.
            Theman in front of her was in his thirties; her eyes flickered over his wornjeans, the pullover and his lean body. She remembered a sentence she read in abook:
            “Thewerewolf can be recognized even in his human state. He wears old clothing,looks unhealthy and thin. This is mostly because the werewolf belongs to one ofthe lowest classes in our society. In 1990, more than 75% of the deceasedcreatures died because of hunger or cold.”
            Shelooked at the man intensely; although he clearly looked like a werewolf shethought he was quite attractive. He’s gota nice bum.[/i] She smiled to herself. His eyes were like they had been yearsago. They seemed to be sadder and lonelier, but still they were kind andcaring. His hair was shorter and flicked with grey, which she found rathermature and sexy. She already imagined her hand gliding through his soft hair.She couldn’t help but beam. And he smiled back shyly. It was the most beautifulsmile Tonks had ever seen. Her heart jumped. Suddenly she realised she wasstaring.
            Tonks, you’re behaving like a bloody teenager! [/i]She thought.
            Remusstarted to walk toward her the same second she decided to do the same.
            Hewas standing in front of her much to fast and she had no idea what to say.
            “Umm…hi.”He was so sweet!!! She beamed.
            “I’mNymphadora Tonks.” She held out her hand to him.
            “Iknow. Remus Lupin.” His breath on her skin made herdizzy.
            “Iknow,” she answered “It’s great to see you again, Remus Lupin.”
            “Thepleasure is mine; it’s been far to long NymphadoraTonks.” Normally she would have shouted at him for calling her that. She hatedher name, but when he pronounced it, it sounded like the most wonderful poemshe ever heard. She moved her hand towards his and drowned in his eyes.
            Theirhands touched and, for an instant, Tonks thought she felt a little electricpush.
           Did he feelit too? I don’t think so.[/i]
            Hetook her hand gently into his own. She felt there was something connecting theboth of them, but it wasn’t something frightening; it felt like home, likesafety. She knew, as long as this man was beside her, nothing could harm her.It was then that everything seemed to be okay. Suddenly a wave of thankfulnesscame over Tonks, and she was just glad he was still alive. She threw her armsaround his neck and pressed her body against his. Closing her eyes she felt hisarms touch her back; he was stronger than she had imagined.
            “Imissed you, Moony!” she whispered in his ear.
            “Imissed you too, Nymphadora!” Slowly she closed her eyes and had only one wish:to stay forever in the arms of this man.
            Kingsleyand Sirius were standing behind them giving each other meaningful looks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sirius’ PoV 
            Siriusspent the rest of the day staring at the pair of them. After they had arrived,they had talked for awhile until the other Order members arrived. AlthoughMolly took her under her wing, she always managed to come back to Remus. Remusand Tonks! Remus and Tonks seemed to get along with each other quite well.Tonks joked, Remus laughed, she asked him about being a werewolf and heanswered without hesitating. During the meeting itself they were separated,sitting in each corner of the room. But Sirius noticed that Remus seemed tolook quite often to the young witch. Tonks, on the other hand, had managed toturn her chair about 10 minutes into the meeting; she was now facing Remus.
            AlthoughSirius had talked about this with Remus, he would have never expected that thetwo would actually show so much affection right from the start. No matter whatRemus was going to tell him, Sirius knew this was more than friendship. Siriusknew this look. It was the same look James had worn while looking at Lily.
During dinner, while Tonks and Remus (sitting besideeach other) were having a very interesting conversation about Muggle TV, Mollyasked Sirius why he smiled like that.
            “Youknow what, Molly? I guess I need to look for my best man suit again.” Smilinghe pointed to Tonks and Remus. Molly looked at them for less than a second andthen a knowing smile spread across her lips.
            Therest of the Order, especially Arthur, asked for the rest of the evening whySirius and Molly were smiling like mad after they had talked with each other.Well, almost every member asked; there were two people who certainly hadn’tnoticed anything except themselves. Lost in each other, they both knew this wasall they ever wanted.
            Sirius,on the other hand, saw it as his new life-mission to help the two people heloved the most to find some happiness and a future.
            If Remus will serve her breakfast tomorrow…[/i]
            Tohis utter surprise, both Remus and Tonks accepted his invitation to stay forthe night, and when Remus excused himself to go upstairs in order catch up onhis sleep Tonks suddenly explained she was tired too.
            WhileMinerva and Kingsley were talking about Giant sightings in northern Europe, Molly and Sirius were carefully listening to whatwas going on upstairs. After what seemed to be an eternity they heard Tonks’door shut first and then Remus’ door; they had needed over half an hour to saygood night.
            WhenMolly turned away from the stairs, just to look in Sirius’ complacent face, sheburst out laughing; he joined her. While Minerva and Kingsley looked at them asif they were mad, Sirius was aware of one thing; the world had indeed gone mad!
            Moonywas in love.
 
 
 
 
 
General PoV 
            Onefloor higher, Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks were lying in separate bedrooms,smiling into the night.
 
 
 
AN.:[/i]
And…?[/i] Did you like it or not. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!![/i]

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Magda on June 3, 2006, 4:11:53 PM

Magda on
MagdaIts so beautiful, imginative, grabbing, and totally in most aspects cultivating.

xDragon_Girlx on March 10, 2006, 6:28:26 PM

xDragon_Girlx on
xDragon_GirlxHow can no one have commented, its a beautiful story ^_^ sooooo sweet