Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Why is Remus allowed to call Tonks by her first name?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
Titel:Wounded 
 
“I’m all busted up
Broken bones and nasty cuts
Accidents will happen
But this time I can’t get up
She comes to check on me
Making sure I’m on my knees
After all she’s the one
Who put me in this state
 
For now I’ll lie around
Hell, that’s all I can really do
She takes good care of me
Just keeps saying, “My love is true”
 
Looking out my window for
Someone that’s passing by
No one knows I’m locked in here
All I do is cry”
Pullingteeth (Green Day)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter I
 
Remus Lupin took his clothes and carefully laid them in the small cavein order not to rip them. He covered them with stones and sand; nobody wouldfind them here, only he knew where to look. His fingers were stiff and hiswhole body ached with cold when he stood up. He covered the entrance withbushes and checked it. He was content that his hiding place was hard to find.He was shaking when he slowly backed away.
 
            “Why the hell is itthat cold?” He wondered when his naked feet touched the snow. He was wearingnothing but his shorts and he prayed he would remember this place the nextmorning.
 
He usually hid his clothing in the hut, together with the others. Butthis time it was different. Christmas was in four days and no matter whatDumbledore would order him, he wouldn’t spend this time of the year with thesemonsters.
His plan was perfect; he had worked on it for weeks.
He would transform like always. With the help of the potion he wouldkeep his mind, unlike the others. He was not high-ranking, but he was strongerthan a lot of them anyway. And his wolf could run rather fast. He would start afight with some of the weaker wolves, would let himself get wounded, maybe abite or two, and then flee.
He would run to this place, cover his traces, and wait until the moondisappeared once more for another month. He would get dressed and Apparate tothe Shrieking Shack, 20 kilometres away, where his wand was hidden, and afterthat he would finally return to the Burrow to find Molly hovering over the ovenand preparing his first real, warm meal in almost three months.
He would tell Greyback in one week’s time that the Ministry had caughtand questioned him. Then he would give the pack unimportant information to wintheir trust again. This plan had to work, there was no other possibility.
 
Remus walked faster, a branch hit him and he tumbled back.
            “Damn it!” A briefglance at the night sky told him that the moon was near. He could already feelits power pull on him. He felt the wolf inside of him wanting to break freeagain and he needed all his self-control to fight it.
He had to get away from here; he was still to close to his hiding spot.
He started to run, each step making him groan as pain shot through him.His already aching feet started to became sore. He stopped, panting heavily. Hecouldn’t breathe freely anymore. He tried to calm himself with short breaths.
How far had he run? How close was he to the others?
It was over. He couldn’t run any further. He collapsed onto his knees.
He hadn’t made it! His wolf would find the way, but the pack would haveprobably already moved on. They wouldn’t miss him. He rolled onto his side andclosed his eyes as his body pressed into the wet, cold snow.
He inhaled the cold air. It smelled wonderful, far away from hisstinking fellows, covered with their own urine and the blood of their victims.
Greyback was the worst of them, he couldn’t even…
            “Tomorrowthen?”
Remus’ body went stiff. His breathing caught in his throat. Slowly hiseyes fluttered open.
He was here! Greyback! And somebody else, somebody Remus hated more thananyone else in this world. Peter Pettigrew!
He carefully crawled on his arms and knees to hide behind some tress.The voices grow louder.
            “Yes, we’re prepared.”Greyback assured Wormtail.
            “I hope you’re speakingthe truth, the Dark Lord relies on you. It wouldn’t be wise to disappoint him.”Peter’s squeaking vice sounded cold and lifeless.
            “Do you think I’m notcapable of doing it?? Do you believe you’re better, scum?”
            “If I were you, Iwouldn’t talk like that to me! The Dark Lord counts on me!”
            “Oh yes, you thinkyou’re so important. But let me tell you a little secret; the master doesn’tgive a shoot about you. You’re just a toy that is ruled easily. If you’re thatimportant why didn’t he let you do it?” Greyback growled. Remus was lying inthe snow, not daring to make any sound. Do what? A mission? Maybe an attack!Who? When?
            “I’m much too valuableto do such dirty work!” cackled Peter.
            “Dirtywork! You call this dirty work! But to clean up after Snape is notdirty, is it? Be glad I’m not about to rip you into pieces!”
Remus could see them now and he prayed they wouldn’t notice, smell, orhear him. Greyback wore nothing but an old pair of jeans and looked extremelybig and dangerous compared to Wormtail, standing there in his coat with biggloves.
He was braver than Remus had ever thought.
 
            “You dare to threatenme, you disgusting half-breed? Me? You threaten a human? You dare tell meyou’re more valuable than I am? I spent my whole youth with dirt like you andyou believe I’m less important than you are?
 
Wormtail pulled off one of his gloves. His silver hand reflected thelight of the stars. Greyback backed away instantly, his eyes wide with horrorand fixed upon the deadly metal.
            “Justone drop. I just need to touch one drop of your blood and you’re dead.Just to touch you would wound you severely and cause you almost unbearablepain.” Peter moved towards Fenrir. “Now listen! The Dark Lord wants you andyour pack to be in Hogsmead tomorrow morning. Two aurors, members of the Orderof the Phoenix,will be there. Kill the man, Kingsley Shacklebolt, take the woman alive,Nymphadora Tonks; she’s a metamorphmagus.” Remus’ heart skipped a beat.  “The Dark Lord wants her unharmed. She hasgood connections to almost all other members. She could be handy! She’s intouch with Lupin, the werewolf who will soon feel my hand.”
 
Both Greyback and Remus stared at Peter in disbelief. There was horrorand fear in Remus’ grey eyes and surprise in Greyback’s yellow ones.
            “Lupin? John Lupin?” Heasked the traitor.
Peter gave him a questionable look.
            “Remus Lupin. RemusJohn Lupin. You know him?”
            “I bit him. He’s here!”was the wolf’s grim answer.
            “WHAT?” screamedWormtail. “He’s here and you didn’t tell the Dark Lord? He’s a spy!”
Wormtail grabbed the werewolf’s neck and moved his silver hand in frontof the wolf’s face.
            “Find him! Find him andkill him. Then come back to me. If you won’t obey, my punishment and the one ofour master will be dreadful.”
Peter moved backwards and drew his wand.
            “Kill him and tell himhis girlfriend will die as well. I will take care of her myself.”
Then he was gone.
            “As if he would havethe ways to threaten me,” groaned Greyback “as if he could make me fear him. Heshould know better, shouldn’t he, Lupin?”
Horrified Remus noticed that the old wolf was looking directly into hiseyes. An ugly, evil smile spread across his lips as the werewolf threw back hishead in pain.
 
 
 

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SiriuslyMaurauded13 on June 18, 2006, 1:44:40 PM

SiriuslyMaurauded13 on
SiriuslyMaurauded13WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!!

BobrechaunProductions on June 17, 2006, 4:38:08 PM

BobrechaunProductions on
BobrechaunProductionsOMG! What is going to happen?! I wanna see another chapter to this!