Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1: Sindel's Narrative

A story about a Count, some teenagers, a doctor, and a mystery.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1: Sindel's Narrative

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1: Sindel's Narrative


Chapter 1: Sindels Narrative



Warrior Edmund was trying to pick the lock. Moppy and Jazz Curled up to me (My pet dog and cat). My Brother, Norbert was trembling over by the fireplace. “It'll be ok” I said, “Everything will be fine!”



“The Count is a Daemon, he will not be happy if we lock him out”

Said Norbert Worryingly.



“That is why we are picking the lock” interrupted Edmund.



“`That is why' we are extremely lucky I had a spare hairpin”!



Before you ask, we were scared of Count Daemon. He didn't take nicely when we did something wrong. He paid us to do work. But we are not servants. Servants work full-time. Some of us are servants, but I myself, am not. We figured Count would be even more worked up if he found out we were locking him away from us. We left the key in the lock at the other side so now we must pick the lock to get back out before the count notices we're gone.

“I've done it!” cried Edmund, `I've picked the lock'!

“Yes”! I exclaimed.

“You always hafta over-exaggerate, Sindel!” (That's me!)



We ran down the corridor at a fast pace until we ran into (Literally) Count Demon.

“Ah, what are we doing walking about in the middle of the night, eh?” he questioned as his face twisted into an almost evil grin. “You already have a punishment for breaking one of my antique Transylvanian Persian Dishes, so you all get four de-merits, that's four hours cleaning duty!”



“What!?” Said Norbert, “four de-merits??”



“EACH!” He continued, his face didn't flicker an inch while he said it which looked pretty strange. Moppy the Magical Mop Dog and Jazz Cat smiled at me. I smiled back. “Were, lucky we're just pets, Woof!” Barked Moppy. Jazz just miaowed a great big long, “Miaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooww!”



“Now, to bed!” said Count, “Half Seven tomorrow, your punishment starts, NOW GO!”



Moppy Growled



“And I suggest you keep those animals under control.” He smirked.



Jazz Hissed. Count walked off.



“Why don't we follow Count and spy on him” said Edmund. Well I was in but Norbert and the pets weren't.



“No”. Said Norbert firmly, “We've got cleaning duty tomorrow; we'd be wise to go to bed.” It turned out that I and Edmund followed Count Daemon to his office. Well, we would have done but we ran into (Literally again) a man with a suit and a hat. He had a Grizzly Chin and an earring stud which formed the letters. P. I, I could only assume he was a private eye working for the Count. “Hey!” He said. But before he could say anything else we ran away up the dark corridors so the count wouldn't see us through his office door window. As we ran we could just about hear, the count come out of his office invite him in. We stopped running and silently tip-toed until we got to the office door. We sat down and eavesdropped at the door.



“Was there anything the matter out there Mr. Lindon?”

“Please don't call me mister, it sounds too formal. As for outside, it was just Kids.”

“There should not be any Kids out around this time of night! It must have been Edmund and his little gang! GRrrrrr. Those Kids have it coming to them!”

“Whatever, about the case.”

“Yes, Laura Lickerloo was murdered.”

“One of your clerks?”

“Precisely, have you got any clues?”

I wasn't happy. I knew Laura. I didn't know her well but I knew her. This is murder after all.

“Nothing definitive yet, but here are the list of suspects”

Lindon Gave Count Daemon a small piece of paper which I assumed had all the suspects for killing Laura written on it.

“Interesting, but…”

Count Pointed at one of the names on the list.

“Yeah, don't worry. The Prime suspect is at the top.”

“Xianglia Misutan? The Chinese warrior. What makes you think it's her?”

“Well, she has motive and a possible murder weapon.”

I was flabbergasted. My close friend did have a possible murder weapon but I wasn't sure about the motive part.

“I see. Inform me on anything else you find out”

“Don't worry, Sir, You can count on me”

Lindon was coming out now which gave us time to run back to the dormitory. One thing was sure; I needed to talk to Xianglia. According to the others she wasn't here and I couldn't find her. Something very fishy was going on here and I am determined to find out what. Just because I love a bit of Mystery and I just can't stand a secret.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment