Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter 2

So fluffy, it purrs! A KyoXSaki, YukiXTohru, ShigureXHimself(joking), and i dunno who else fic. Mostly KyoXSaki

Chapter 2 - chapter 2

Chapter 2 - chapter 2


Heyo-

Bongo: Don't greet them, just write the damn fic.

Anthony: *sigh* okay Bongo.

On the order of my pet phantom shadow beast, I will begin this fic.



Disclaimer that won't change shape if you hug it: I dun own Fruits Basket, or any songs that appear in this chapter. The songs that Kyo sing along to are called `Again' by the runner up for the first season of Canadian Idol, Billy Klippert, and later `Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane. Saki plays Allay Pain from Witch Hunter Robin, and Aeris's Theme from Final Fantasy 7.



One Unlikely Romance: Chapter Two

A song fic by Anthony Butler.



“Hello Saki.” Megumi said in his usual monotone. “How was school?”

“It was good.” Saki replied. “How was school?”

“It was good.” Megumi said. “I had to curse one of the students, however.”

“I see.” Saki said. “Oh, you made tea.”



I'm just sitting here, waiting for the sun to shine, again

And now I understand the workings of a troubled mind, again

When I can no longer rely on my two eyes

And an instant replay, that plays over and over again inside my mind.

And I won't be surprised. I'm here again.” Kyo loudly sang along with his radio, not caring if anyone heard him.

“Hmm, I didn't think that Kyonkichi could sing that well.” Ayame remarked. “How about you, Hatori?”

“I've heard him sing before.” Hatori remarked. “I wonder why he doesn't join a group at his school.”

Ayame laughed. “I'll bet that the students are all scared of him. Kyonkichi does have quite a temper.” He said.



“Huh?” Kyo turned. Coming from the music room, there was someone playing piano. They were playing quite well, too. He pushed on the door. “Oh, Hana-kun.”

Saki Hanajima looked up. “Ah, hello there Kyon”

“I didn't know you could play so well.” Kyo said. “That's a really nice song.”

Saki nodded. “It's from Witch Hunter Robin. I downloaded the sheet music a few weeks ago. It's called Allay Pain.”

Kyo flopped onto a chair. “Can you play any other songs?” he asked.

Saki shrugged. “I've got an enormous binder full of sheet music at home.” She said. “Some of it is western.” She paused, and nibbled on her fingertip. “This one is a particular favorite of mine.” She said, beginning to play.

“Oh, you know Aeris's Theme?” Kyo asked. “It always gets me kind of depressed, because I think of her dying, and I felt really bad for Cloud when it happened.”

“Well, I can change to something else.” Saki said. “I've got a few by Utada Hikaru, if you like.”

“Any Keane?” Kyo asked.

“`Keane'” Saki raised an eyebrow.

“They're an English group. It's just drums, keyboard, and vocals.” He cleared his throat.

I walked across, an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand.

I felt the earth beneath my feet.

Sat by the river, and it made me complete.

A simple thing: where have you gone?

I'm getting older and it's something to rely on.

So tell me when, you're going to let me in.

I'm getting tired and now it's something to begin with.

And if you have a minute why don't we go,

Talk about it somewhere only we know.

This could be the end of everything.

So why don't we go, somewhere only we know?” Kyo stopped, feeling embarrassed. “It's called Somewhere Only We Know.” He said.

“You have a nice voice, Kyon.” Saki commented. “Come over to my house this afternoon, and I'll see if I can find music for that song.” She ordered.

“Uh, sure.” Kyo replied hesitantly.



“Tell me again why you decided to drag me along to Hana-san's house.” Hikaru asked Kyo.

“Because I'm not going in there alone.” Kyo said. “What if her brother curses me or something?”

“I see…wimp.” Hikaru jibed. He dashed up the steps, and rang the doorbell. Hurriedly, Kyo followed after him.

“Yes?” Saki asked, opening the door. “Ah, yes, Kyon. I see you brought Himitsu-san.”

“He was scared.” Hikaru said, bowing. Kyo quickly followed suit, and then hit Hikaru on the back of the head.

“I wasn't scared, doofus.” Kyo grumbled.

“Please,” Saki said. “Come in. Megumi just made tea.”



“Now what did you say that song was called, Kyon?” Saki asked.

“Somewhere Only We Know.” Kyo replied.

“Very good.” Saki said, typing rapidly. In a few seconds, her search engine had found a few hundred sights. After some clicking, she found a site with free downloads, and proceeded to print it out. “This site is where I find most of my music.” She said. “Now come, Kyon.” She ordered. “Hikaru-san too.”



“I didn't know you could sing like that, Kyonkyon.” Hikaru remarked. “You two should form a band. I'll design your album covers.”

“What are you babbling on about, Hikaru?” Kyo asked.

Hikaru chuckled. “So young and yet so dense.” He said to the air. “You and Hana-san should form a band. You could be like Do As Infinity.” He suggested. “Only it'd be with piano instead of guitar.”

“That's a dumb idea.” Kyo said, hitting Hikaru on his head. “Even for you.”

“I resent that, Kyonkyon.” Hikaru replied dryly, kicking Kyo in the back of the leg. “Stop being an asshole.”

“I'm not being an asshole.” Kyo protested.

“Yes you are. Ever since Tohru-san turned you down.” Hikaru retorted.

“TOHRU DIDN'T TURN ME DOWN!” Kyo shouted.

“Tohru-kun turned you down?” Saki asked. “Why didn't you say anything about it?” She asked.

Kyo and Hikaru both jumped. “Where'd you come from?” Kyo demanded.

“This is my house.” Saki replied, deadpan. “You are standing on my porch.”

“Oh yeah.” Kyo said, embarrassed.

“You should go home, Hikaru-san.” Saki said. “Kyon, you are coming back inside.”

“Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Kyonkyon.” Hikaru said, waving cheerfully. “Bye, Hana-kun.”

Saki nodded her farewell, and dragged Kyo back into her house.



“I don't see why I have to do this.” Kyo grumbled. He was lying on Saki's bed, and she was sitting at the foot, a pad of paper on her lap and a pencil in her hand.

“If you don't talk, I'll fry your mind with Denpa waves.” Saki replied. “Now tell me what happened.” She said. “Now, Kyon.”

Kyo sighed. “Tohru and I were out in the garden, and I told her that I loved her. Then she told me that she didn't feel the same way, that she loved that damn Yuki. I ran away after that. Tohru keeps giving me these pitying glances, and it's making me sick.”

“Interesting.” Saki said.

“What?” Kyo asked.

“It appears that I owe Arisa some money.” Saki said. “I was betting that Tohru would turn Yuki down. Hmm.”

“YOU BET ON US?” Kyo demanded, sitting upwards in a rage. “YOU ACTUALLY BET ON US-huh?”

Saki had pulled Kyo close to her. “It's alright, Kyo.” She whispered. “You feel like your heart has been ripped out, don't you? Like Tohru reached into your chest, pulled it out, ripped it apart, trampled on it, and fed it to wild dogs.”

“Well, not so graphically, but…” Kyo replied softly.

Saki patted his head. “Poor Kyo.” She said. “You probably want to cry, don't you?” she asked. “But you can't, because at home, you have to keep up a tough appearance, and the same applies to school. But you can cry here.” She said. “It will make you feel better, so if you want to cry, you can cry.” She maneuvered herself so that Kyo's head rested on her shoulder. Kyo's body shook a little, and she felt wetness on her shoulder. After a few minutes, he stopped. “There, that feels better now, doesn't it?” she asked.

“Yeah.” Kyo replied. His eyes were tinged pink, and slightly puffy. “How did you know that it would work?” He asked, wiping his nose on his sleeve.

“When I was eleven years old, my childhood crush broke my heart. He wasn't as kind about it as Tohru was, though.” Saki said. “I ran home. My mother asked me what was wrong, and I told her. She told me that if I cried, it would make me feel better, and I just cried. Much like you did.” She said, taking Kyo's hand. “Tohru feels bad, because she thinks that you hate her. Do you hate her?” Saki's other hand moved up to stroke Kyo's cheek.

“No! Of course not!” Kyo said. “I could never hate Tohru!”

“You should tell her that.” Saki said. “Even if Tohru does not return your love, it doesn't mean that you should destroy your friendship.” She leaned closer to Kyo. “But there is always someone who loves you, Kyo.” Saki placed a gentle kiss on Kyo's lips. “Remember that.” She whispered.

“Saki…” Kyo breathed. He leant towards her, when suddenly the door opened.

“You're still here?” Megumi asked. “Saki, mother called to say that she and father are going to be late this evening, so you are in charge, and could you please make dinner?”

“Of course.” Saki said. “Megumi, could you please excuse us?” she asked.

Megumi raised an eyebrow in amusement, and then slid the door shut.

“Do you really love me, Saki?” Kyo asked.

“I would have to say yes.” Saki replied. “Was that your first kiss?” She asked.

Kyo nodded, his cheeks tinted red. “I'm-I'm glad it was with you.” He said.

“It was my first kiss as well.” Saki admitted. “And I would like you to be my second kiss.” Saki leant forwards, and this time, she didn't stop after a few moments.



Robin: *sniffle* that's sweet.

Bongo: Hey, he can write straight stuff too. That's a shocker.

Anthony: *veins popping* excuse me?

Bongo: Oh, it's just that between A Brush With Death, and that other Shaman King story, there's been a lot of boy-boy action.

Anthony: *veins stop popping* Yeah, you have a point. *chuckle* I don't know how girl-girl stuff works, so I just go with what I've read. Oh, and I've got the best song for the next chapter!

Robin: Oh?

Anthony: Yeah! It's that song that they sing at the beginning of Sakura Wars the movie, the one with the line `A love story for you and me'. It's all about new years and love and whatnot, and it works really well with my plan for chapter 3.

Bahamut: Do you know what it's called?

Anthony: ……no -_-'

Bahamut: That's what I thought. *chuckle*

Anthony: You do know that it's quite scary when you chuckle.

Bahamut: Why yes, I do.

Robin: At least Amon is gone.

Anthony: Yeah. But since he cleared out the backyard, it gave me a place to put my vampire cows!

Bahamut, Bongo, and Robin: Vampire…cows?

Anthony: Yep. Undead cattle.

Vampire cows: Moo! *in a bad Transylvanian accent, of course.*

Uh, yeah…………………….well I hope you liked this chapter, because I think that Kyo and Saki will have sex at some point, so anyone who cares should leave a comment telling me whether or not it should be lime, lemony lime, or kumquat.

Bongo: Not another kumquat. Kumquat is just pathetic. Do lime.

Anthony: Yeah, it is, now that you mention it. <^_^; Lime sounds good.

Robin: Not too specific, mind you. I might get the wrong ideas if there are too many graphic descriptions.

Anthony: Oh, don't worry. I'm a prude. <^_^V

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

xXdeasceased_sanityXx on July 25, 2005, 5:22:10 AM

xXdeasceased_sanityXx on
xXdeasceased_sanityXx*dies*OH DA FLUFF!!!!!*dies again*

*faves

>>Gracious