Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Not all necromancers are evil

Yoh returns after he makes his was through Tartarus, only to find out something about his previous match

Chapter 1 - Not all necromancers are evil

Chapter 1 - Not all necromancers are evil
This is Shaman King fanfic. Rei Alighieri is a character that I invented. He’s a necromancer, like Faust VIII, but he’s never killed anyone. And his guardian ghosts, well, there’s a joke in there. Enjoy! (Also, i had to revise this cause i made a mistake *starts weeping with embarassment* Rei Albergieri as actually supposed to be Alighieri (as in the guy who wrote The Divine Comedy)Oops.

“Man, I never want to go back into that cave again.” Yoh Asakura yawned as he, his friend Morty, his fiancée Anna, his guardian ghost Amidamaru, their friend Rio, his ghost Tokageroh, Yoh’s grandfather’s assistant Tammy, and her ghosts Hanji and Panji, returned to their home in Tokyo.
“Yoh, good to see that you’re back.”
“Silva! How’s the business?” Yoh greeted one of the officials for the shaman fight.
“That’s not important. I want you to come to the graveyard where you fought Faust VIII tonight, before 8:15. There’s something I think you might like to see.” Silva answered. “I have to go. There’s a No Loitering sign here.” With that, Silva dashed off.
“Anna, can we go?” Yoh begged. “Please?”
Anna rolled her eyes. “And I supposed that moron Trey has to come with as well, hmm?” she asked, already knowing the answer.
Yoh nodded.
“Fine, but you have to clean up the house when we get back. Clear?”
“Yes Anna.” Yoh sighed. “Hey Morty, are you coming?”
“I don’t know. I mean, that graveyard really creeps me out. More then usual, since Faust has his hand stuck in my stomach.” Morty looked at the ground.
“I’m sure that Faust isn’t going to be there.” Yoh wheedled. “Besides, I’ll bet he’s still recovering from Len’s attack. Rio, are you in?”
“Unfortunately, I must decline, as I am still searching for my Shaman Queen.” Rio shrugged and set off.
“Okay then, see you around.” Yoh waved.

“So who’s this Faust guy you keep talking about?” Trey asked Yoh over dinner. They’d had to cook fast so that they could make it to the graveyard on time.
“Faust was my second opponent. He’s a necromancer, who killed his first opponent after Faust beat him. Almost did me and Morty in.”
“Actually, he just fondled my vital organs.” Morty contributed.
“It’s actually quite sad.” Ann remarked. “Faust was driven to madness after his wife, Eliza was killed. He’s trying to resurrect her, and he uses her as his over soul.”
“Okay, that is just plain creepy.”
“YOH!” Morty shouted. “It’s almost 8:15! We’re going to be late!”
“You’ll clean up when we get home.” Anna ordered, grabbing her coat.
“Yes, Anna.” The three boys chorused.

The graveyard
“Man, this place is as creepy as ever.” Morty shivered. “I wondered why Silva wanted to us here.”
“He wanted to introduce you to me” Someone said. Yoh, Morty, Anna, Trey and Amidamaru turned towards the voice. Standing on a fence nearby them was a boy wearing a black cape and a conical straw hat. Strapped onto his back were three oddly-shaped cloth bundles. He tilted back the hat and extended a hand. “I’m Rei Alighieri. You must be Yoh Asakura. Nice to meet you.” His voice had a strange accent, but he seemed harmless enough.
“Yoh, remember the last person who greeted you like that?” Morty hissed.
“You need not worry, Morty. This one is not surrounded by the aura of death, as Faust was.” Amidamaru stated.
“Faust. You know Faust VIII?” Rei asked. “He’s my opponent for my third match. Not that it really matters, I already won my last two fights. It’s just a formality.”
“Umm, Rei, I should warn you. Faust is a bit-”
“You must be Rei Alighieri.” Yoh and Morty jumped at the deceptively innocent voice. Faust was standing at the bottom of the hill, wearing his coat and hat, and clutching his suitcase. His eyes flashed when he saw Yoh and Morty.
“Faust VIII, I presume. You know, your reputation has made it all the way to Italy, murderer.” Rei smiled. “You’re surrounded by the scent of death.”
Faust frowned. “Well, I suppose that there’s no point in trying to deceive you.” He pouted. Just then, the two Oracle Bells rang, signifying the beginning of the fight. Faust flung off his coat and hat. Yoh and Morty both shuddered at the sight of the familiar staff and at Eliza.
“Well I knew that you were a murderer, Dr. Faust, but not a necromancer. I suppose that we’re matched.” Rei’s cape flew up in the air. He extended his arm as well, from which two skeletons dangled. The bundle on his back contained three bizarre staffs, two resembling scythes, and the third a stunted halberd. “And that must be your focus. Female, early thirties. I hope you didn’t kill her off.”
At this, Faust bristled. “Eliza!” he shouted. Rei did an acrobatic leap, and landed twenty feet in front of Faust. As he did this, Eliza awoke.
“Let’s end this quickly.” Faust said. He planted the staff into the ground and began to chant.
Yoh recognized the chant. He opened his mouth to warn Rei what was coming, when Anna stuck her arm out.
“Don’t. If you do, you could disqualify Rei.” She said.
“It’s better then letting him get killed by this lunatic!” Yoh cried.
“Don’t worry.” Rei smiled. “DaVinci! Tolstoy! Awaken!” he shouted. The two skeletons dropped from his arms, and unfolded. They each took one of the scythe-like weapons.
“Wait a minute.” Anna’s eyes narrowed. “I know that name.”
“DaVinci was the shaman that Faust first killed in the tournament. Rei must be using him as his focus.” Silva said from behind the onlookers.
“Yoh, look at the skeletons!” Morty pointed. They were surrounded by a strange glow, like what Faust had done with Eliza during his fight with Yoh.
“Tolstoy, staff please.” Rei asked. The one spirit handed him it’s scythe, which he planted in the ground as well. “Lost spirits who wander the night, hear my cry. I ask of you to join my cause, to avenge the deaths of many. Rise up in the Boneyard Shield!” he shouted, just as Faust cried out “…Boneyard Crush!”
The onlookers were rendered speechless as the wave of skeletons descended on Rei-only to be halted by a wall of-
“Those skeletons all have over souls. What’s going on?” Faust shouted. The Boneyard Crush dissipated, together with the Shield. “Never mind. Eliza! Over Soul!” he shouted as he channeled his furioku into Eliza’s over soul. Rei kept chanting something.
“Attack, Eliza!” Faust shouted. His dead wife charged forwards and raised the staff, preparing to bring it down on Rei’s head, when it was blocked.
“What!” Faust exclaimed. Rei’s other over soul, DaVinci, had blocked Eliza’s attack without even being ordered to. He smirked, and then threw her back.
“What’s going on?” Faust demanded.
“That’s what I’d like to know.” Anna muttered.
Rei stopped his chanting. “Simple. That over soul is more then just DaVinci’s appearance. It’s DaVinci. Look familiar, Faust?” he asked.
“After all, you killed me.” DaVinci said.
“Wait, did he just talk?” Yoh looked at Anna. “But how?”
“Interesting.” Anna mused. “It would seem that Rei doesn’t just reanimate the corpse. He actually calls down the spirit, and uses it for his over soul, like you do with Amidamaru, or Trey does with Corey.”
“Rei is a very unusual necromancer.” Silva said. “For starters, he has extensive medical knowledge, like Faust. However, the interesting thing about Rei is that none of his opponents have ever been seriously harmed. He uses his knowledge of the human body to deliver attacks that do the maximum furioku damage, but the minimum bodily harm.”
“That’s all well and good, but how are you able to maintain so many over souls at once? Your furioku is equal to mine.” Faust demanded, crouching near Eliza. “Good thing you didn’t damage my Eliza. Then I’d have to kill you personally.”
“DaVinci knows how to attack without damage, so Eliza is fine. And to answer your question, it’s simple. I’m drawing on the furioku of DaVinci and Tolstoy.” Rei said as he handed the third weapon to Tolstoy. “After all, they were both shamans.”
“That’s incredible!” Silva gasped. “DaVinci was one of the strongest shamans in the tournament, with an incredibly high furioku reserve, and I’ve heard of Tolstoy. He was in the previous fight, and is another powerful shaman.”
“I see you know your history.” Rei said. “Now then, what do you say we finish this off soon, before Faust is able to perform another Boneyard Crush?”
“With pleasure.” DaVinci leapt forwards, and raised his scythe up. He swung it downwards, and Eliza only barely managed to block it. Then, Tolstoy joined in. In short order, the two over souls had reduced Faust’s furioku to almost nothing.
“You know Faust, if I wanted to, I could finish you off right now. But that wouldn’t be right. Tell me, why do you think you kill your opponents? Because you can add them to your army?”
“Because then they never trouble me again.” Faust growled. He grabbed the staff and swung it towards Rei’s guardian ghosts, who were unprepared for the attack, and were sent flying. “Because then I never have to face the same person again. That way, there are fewer people between me and bringing my dear, sweet Eliza back.”
“That’s it?” Rei was surprised. “Tell me, do you know what a Dao-Shi is? They’re Taoist sorcerers who reunite ghosts with their bodies. It’s actually quite interesting.”
“So what? My Eliza would still be dead!” Faust swung again. Rei easily blocked it.
“Then answer this question. Would Eliza want you to kill for her? Why don’t we asked her. Hold him, please.” Four over souls dug themselves out of the ground and held Faust in place, one of them holding his staff.
Rei planted his scythe-like stave into the ground. “Hear me in the darkness, hear me in the light. I call you back Eliza! Hear me on this night! Eliza! I reunite you with your bones!” he shouted.
“Faust?” Eliza’s over soul pulled herself up. “Faust, is that you?”
“Release him.” Rei said to the skeletons. They let go of the stunned Faust, who staggered towards Eliza.
“It’s you!” they said, and embraced each other.
“My Eliza!” he whispered.
“Eliza, you know that Faust here was prepared to kill to bring you back from the dead? That’s a dedicated husband, no?” Rei asked.
Eliza gasped. “Faust-you didn’t!”
“I couldn’t live without you. I wanted more then anything to bring you back.” Faust wept.
“You know, I thought that Faust was scary, but now it’s kind of sad.” Morty said.
“You could say that Faust literally went crazy with grief. Even though he couldn’t fully resurrect you on his own, he found a way that would let him do it, with the help of the King of Spirits. Uno problemo, Faust. You lost sight of your original goal. The darkness of the underworld seeped into your body. Of course” Rei smirked. “Lack of sleep had something to do with it, no?”
“He’s right.” Faust stood up straight. “Eliza, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I couldn’t save you. I’m sorry that I killed you, DaVinci.”
“No problem. My back was acting up. Now it doesn’t.”
“I was such a fool. Can you forgive me, Eliza?” Faust asked.
“I think so. Faust,” Eliza began fading.
“Eliza!”
“Faust, I could only keep her here for a little while. Her spirit was too pure for the bones that were corrupted. You’ll have to find a way on your own.” Rei said.
“Of course.” Faust wiped his eyes with a glove. “I forfeit this match.” He said to Silva.
“Very well then. Of course, since you’ve both won two matches, you pass on to the second round.”

“Well, if you make it to the next round, I’ll see you there, Yoh.” Faust said, after he had apologized for what he had done to Yoh and Morty. They’d been quite gracious, although Anna was more then ready to rip him apart.
“Yoh, if you see Lenny, tell him I’m sorry about his shoulder.” Rei said.
“What?” Yoh asked. Rei just set off.

The End.

So, what do you think? Comment until your hands drop off! 


Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

faustrulesallwithhao on July 29, 2005, 1:08:30 AM

faustrulesallwithhao on
faustrulesallwithhaothis is very good. I luv faust. this is my favorite fanfic.:D

Necromancer_of_Death on June 19, 2005, 11:14:27 AM

Necromancer_of_Death on
Necromancer_of_Death*anime tears* SO sad!!!! poor Faustie!!! great job on story, tho' YAY

BeyondTheBeast on December 2, 2004, 4:46:54 PM

BeyondTheBeast on
BeyondTheBeastBrillant! I'm lovin' this!

necromancer_boy on October 2, 2004, 8:57:41 AM

necromancer_boy on
necromancer_boyoh, you don't need to kill eliza
she works for me, and gives me calming needles when i get hyper
faust is all yours

FaustVIII on September 30, 2004, 11:23:46 AM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIIAwww its my lil faust! ^^, kinda makes a girl jelouse to like faust cuz hes so damn much into Eliza! ^^; oh well. *sets out plans to erm... re-kill eliza* lol great story there rei!

LuinOversouler on September 5, 2004, 11:46:46 PM

LuinOversouler on
LuinOversoulerMy hands are DROPPING OFF! YAY! I always thought that Eliza wouldn't agree with him killing to get her back... it's been a major discussion point in my RP.

Niriian on September 5, 2004, 8:46:58 AM

Niriian on
NiriianHmmm... comment my hands off? Alrighty!

Dang! This is one of the best Faust VIII fanfictions I've read so far! (And one of the first Faust fanfics I found that didn't have a poem or song in it about Eliza) Rei seems like a very interesting character!

I shall fav this story cause it's AWESOME. ...Damn, this isn't typing my hands off! *slumps off murmuring*