Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

After his defeat at the hands of the X-Laws, and Zeke's betrayal, can Basil go on?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two


I don't own Shaman King. I don't own any characters except for Rei, and Tolstoy, and Rex and his ghost. And Dani is her own person. There. Now go back to your graves, you zombie lawyers! *Anthony shoots the Dao Shi lawyer with a crossbow.*



“Hey, did you hear that?” Rei asked, looking up from the campfire.

“What?” Rex, an Irish shaman who had joined the three necromancers, asked.

“It sounded like a scream.” Dani murmured. “But where did it come from?”

“Leave that to me.” Rex said cheerfully. He held out his spirit ally, April, and a shaving mirror. “April! Into the mirror! Show me where that scream came from.”

A young woman, dressed all in grey, appeared behind the mirror, and took it into her hands. She closed her eyes, and began to sing. Rei, Dani, and Faust all covered their ears, but Rex was unaffected by the banshee's wail. Eventually, April stopped her song, and looked down towards the mirror. It flashed, and an image of a teen dressed in black, lying on the ground, appeared in it. His legs and his arms were bent at odd angles, and his jacket appeared darker in one place, soaked with blood.

Faust peered at the image. “Both of his legs and his arms are broken. He may even have broken ribs, which have punctured the skin, hence the bleeding. We need to get there soon, before his condition worsens.”

“We can't just leave the campfire here, though.” Rei pointed out.
“Fine then.” Dani said cheerfully. “Faust and Rex stay here, and you and I will go and get our mystery boy.”

“Okay then. Faust, when we get back, make sure that Eliza's over soul is active. You two are the only ones with any medical experience. When we get back, I'll call her spirit down.” Rei said. “Tolstoy; DaVinci, wake up.” He gently kicked the two skeletons that were chained on the ground. With a creaking of bones, and a rattling of the steel links, both skeletons awoke.



“So, do you have any idea where we're going?” Dani asked.

“Nope. But DaVinci does.” Rei said, pointing upwards. “There was a dead raven back there, so I just took its skeleton, and put DaVinci into it.”

“You are a sick individual.” Dani replied. “Handy to have around, but sick.”

“I know you mean that in the best way, so I'll let it slide.”

“Turn left.” DaVinci shouted from up above. “That kid is in the middle of the clearing through here.” He turned, and Rei and Dani followed, increasing their pace.



After DaVinci had been removed from the bones, and Rei had buried the raven's skeleton, he and Dani approached the boy.

“Both legs, and both arms are broken, and four ribs.” Rei said, examining the boy. “Hey, kid. Are you awake?” he asked.

“…Master...is…that…you?” the boy gasped. “…you…came…back…for…me?”

“He's delirious.” Dani said. “Akumu.” She barked. Her skeleton, who had been riding on her back, sprang to life, and bent to pick up the boy.

“Don't.” Rei ordered.

“Why? The sooner we get him back to camp, the sooner we-”

“If we move him, we risk harming him further.” Rei said. “Unless we have a way to keep him supported, and immobile, we'll have to bring Faust here.”

“Well, here's a solution.” Dani said. “Feel around underneath us. There are at least eight skeletons lying around. So I'm thinking we use a little mana to shift them around under the ground, and create a stretcher for him, and then raise that up. Then, we just have the boys carry him.”

“I suppose that would work.” Rei replied. “Okay. You handle the disassembly, I'll handle construction.”



“Yoo hoo, Herr Doctor.” Dani shouted. “We have our patient. Are you ready?”

“Well, we're about as far from a sterile environment as we could be, but Rex boiled some water to prepare the instruments in.” Faust motioned to a flat rock, draped in a white sheet. Eliza's over soul stood next to him. “And I always keep a sheet ready, in case I need to do an emergency surgery.”

“Here's the kid. He had four broken ribs, and two of them have lacerated the skin.” Rei said. “Can you put him on the sheet?” he said to his skeletons.

After DaVinci, Tolstoy, and Akumu had deposited the boy on Faust's makeshift operating table, Rei picked up one of his staffs.

From the dark I call you,

Return into the light

Eliza, your body awaits you

Speak to us this night.” He chanted.

Eliza glowed, and then looked at her hands. “I'm alive!” she exclaimed…in German.

“What did she just say?” Rex asked Faust.

“She said `I'm alive.'” Faust replied. He began to speak to his wife, in German as well. “Eliza, I need your help with this boy. All his limbs are broken, as are four ribs, and two have lacerated the skin.”

“Of course.” Eliza reached for a surgical mask, and then stopped. “Well, I suppose that there's no point if I don't breathe.” She said.

Faust chuckled, and rolled up the boy's trouser legs.



“Man, this is exhausting, even with you two helping.” Rei said. “At least I don't need to animate her bones.”

“We're not helping.” Tolstoy said.

“Hand over the mana, or I'll turn you both into powder.” Rei snarled, crooking a finger.

“No need, we're done.” Faust said. “Thank you, Eliza. I hope to speak to you again.”

“Me too. I love you.” Eliza said.

“I love you too.” Faust replied. He embraced his wife, and then nodded. Rei sighed, and withdrew his mana. Eliza's spirit faded away, and she remained motionless. Faust reclaimed his mana, and the over soul disappeared. “We've done all we can, but the wounds were infected. And I have no antibiotics on me.”

“I suppose we'll have to go into town.” Rex said. “Should April check for the closest drug store?” he asked.

“We'll need something much stronger then an over-the-counter antibiotic. It's a very severe infection. We'd need to go to a hospital.” Faust dug through his suitcase.

“Which would then require us to explain how exactly his bones were set.” Dani said. “And that would lead to problems.”

“Faust, could you mix an antibiotic cocktail? If we got a few different kinds from a drugstore, I mean.” Rei suggested.

“I wouldn't recommend it. We could look for the strongest variety they sell in a drugstore. That might work. It would just take longer.” Faust stretched. “Rex, could you have April look for the closest drugstore? Make sure it's a twenty-four hour one.”

“Aye, mate.” Rex said.



EEEK! I can't think of anything else to write! *weeps bitter tears* Ah well, my finger is starting to hurt. When there's more, it shall be posted. Until then, DON'T FLAME ME!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragons_healing_blood on July 19, 2005, 11:53:32 AM

dragons_healing_blood on
dragons_healing_bloodthis is so good!
squealls with delight

FaustVIII on November 7, 2004, 1:52:14 PM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIII luffs it! even though its all eliza/fausty thats ok, its still a lovley piece! (and i'm not just saying that becuse i'm in it! >