Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

After his defeat at the hands of the X-Laws, and Zeke's betrayal, can Basil go on?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four


Another chapter! *cheers*

Psychological trauma is going to rearing its head here, so be prepared. Tee hee.



Chapter Four:



Please, Master! Come back!” Basil tried to shout, but nothing came out of his mouth. Ahead of him, Zeke walked forwards, moving faster then he should have been able to.

Please Zeke! Wait!” Basil tried to shout again. Still nothing. Desperately, he reached for his guardian ghost, but there was no ground beneath him. Zeke turned back, and smiled cruelly.

You failed me, Basil. For that, you'll have to be punished.” He said coldly. Spirit of Fire!”

No.” Basil panted, falling to his knees. A wave of flames roared towards him, growing larger with each passing moment. Behind it, Zeke laughed…

Basil sat straight up, screaming. Then, a pain in his ribs distracted him, and he curled into a ball, tears streaming down his face.

“What was that?” Dani demanded, rolling over. The look in her eyes promised that whoever had disturbed her slumber would soon become one of her skeleton aides. When she saw it was Basil, the look vanished. “So, you're awake.”

“What's going on?” Basil whimpered. “Where am I? Where's Zeke?” he let out a fresh howl as he touched his ribs.

“Eh?” Rei said sleepily. “Whassat?”

“Our patient has awoken.” Faust said. He pulled his doctors coat on, and moved over to examine Basil. “Let me see that.” The German shaman spoke kindly, knowing that his patient might react violently if he was surprised, possibly even harming himself.

Reluctantly, Basil lay back, allowing Faust to see his wound.

“You've popped the stitches. I'm going to have to do some work on this. Dani, pass me one of the smallest sized disposable hypodermic needles I have, and the container with `Local Anesthetic' written on it.”

“K.” Dani chirped. After a few painfully long moments, she emerged from Faust's suitcase with the two objects. Faust filled the needle, and injected it near Basil's wound.

“There, that's better now, isn't it?” he asked. “Just hold still, and I'll suture you back up. Dani: Suturing Needle, scissors and black surgical thread.” He held out a gloved hand.

Wordlessly, Dani placed the objects into Faust's hands. He cut an eighteen inch length of the black surgical thread, threaded the needle, and began to stitch Basil's wound.

“So, what's your name?” Rei asked, relighting the campfire.

“B-Basil.”

“And you used to travel with Zeke Asakura?” Rex asked.

“Yes, he was my Master.”

Dani and Rei both raised eyebrows, and exchanged `Oh God, another one?' looks.

“He was your Master, hmm? Was he cute?” Rex asked, interested.

“Rex, could you wait until I'm done stitching him up?” Faust barked. “And then you can talk boys.”

Basil's face glowed. “Zeke Asakura was the most beautiful person I've ever known.”

Rei and Dani shot each other `Yup, definitely another one' looks.

Rex grinned widely.



After Faust had closed Basil's wound and rewrapped his bandages, Rex began to interrogate him.

“So, how far did you and Zeke get?” he asked.

“My Master doesn't know how much I love him.” Basil replied sullenly, swallowing some of the concoction that Rei had cooked up. “Every time I tried to tell him, something would come up, and he would be distracted.”

Rex nodded sagely. “Believe me, I know what you mean. Guys can be so oblivious when you try to tell them how you feel, hmm?”

“Why do I have the feeling that our randy Irish traveling companion has his sights set on Basil?” Rei whispered to Dani.

“Because you've noticed the looks he's been giving Basil.” Dani replied. “What do you think his chances are?”

“It could go either way. Rex seems to have a talent for picking up members of the same sex.” Rei replied. “Chips?” he held out a bag of potato chips.

“Thanks.” Dani grabbed a handful and inhaled them. “Something tells me that Rex won't be getting anywhere soon tonight.”

“You think?” Rei asked.

“Well, Basil's injured, so it's likely that romance is probably the farthest thing from his mind.” Dani responded, grabbing the bag.

“Ah, so very true. Rex will be shot down faster then the Red Baron.” Rei agreed.



And that's where we end this chapter. Yoh and his cohorts will be appearing soon, so Basil might do something stupid. Who knows? (Hehe, I do) Also, Zeke will be appearing soon after that, so whatever happens is entirely in my semi-capable hands.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions. NOTHING RATED ABOVE PG-13.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragons_healing_blood on July 19, 2005, 12:23:46 PM

dragons_healing_blood on
dragons_healing_bloodi think i have a request....

FaustVIII on December 2, 2004, 1:57:47 PM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIIO.O ohhh, yay we get to hang out with a gay guy! i love them, god theyre awesome. hehehe rex kinda sounds like jin or toyua (sp is wrong i know) from yu yu hakusho. :) i love it, once you get charicter designs up i shall begin drawing my little @$$ off! ^_^hmm, i'm sure we'll talk more over the story later but as for now robin is one day away from being done,i'm not happy with it tho so i'm going to do two versions of it, be looking for it tommarow k? bye! ^_^