Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

After his defeat at the hands of the X-Laws, and Zeke's betrayal, can Basil go on?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6


Yes! Another chapter! *does the happy dance* O.O Anyway, in reference to that eight-inch screen crack from Chapter 5, it's because April's mirror is eight inches across the diagonal.

Anyway, there is going to be some more PG yaoi, but as with the last chapter, it won't be that bad. Heck, it's probably more like G-rated stuff. ?_?

Obligatory disclaimer: I don't own Shaman King. WHY? WHY COULDN'T I HAVE MADE IT UP! WHY! *Eliza gives him needle* However…I do own Rei, Tolstoy, Rex, April, and any songs that I make up that I feel like throwing in here. I dun own Dani, or Akumu (These are the property of Dani Allen, a.k.a. Fanart user FaustVIII. Thanks Dani!) Also, just for kickers, I'm putting in the song Pretty Life by Jackalope. This song belongs to whoever owns it, unless they sent me the rights.



Chapter 6:



The surface of April's mirror darkened, then it blasted out, enveloping her, Yoh, Rei, Dani, Faust, Trey, Len, Rio, Basil, and Rex.

“What is this?” Len demanded, spinning around. “I demand that you send us back!”

“We're just inside of a memory, so keep your hair on.” Rex said nonchalantly. “Basil's memory, to be exact.”

Basil paled. “No! I don't want them to see-”

“Too late.” April said. They were now floating inside of a bubble, above a campsite. Zeke Asakura, the Spirit of Fire, and Basil were sitting around a campfire, listening to a radio.

I'm about to change your pretty mind

I'm about to change your pretty life.

I can see the fear that's in your eyes

Are you ready? There's no stopping time.

You could be the reason I love.

You be the reason I cry

You could, you could you could be the reason why.

Zeke nodded his head in time with the music, clearly enjoying it. “What did you say this song was called?” he asked Basil, as the end chords echoed through the clearing.

“Pretty Life. It's by Jackalope.” Basil replied, poking the fire with a stick.

“So Basil, do you have anything you want to get off your chest?” Zeke asked, slouching back.

“Um, actually, there is-”

“Master Zeke!” Boris dashed into the clearing. The Romanian shaman looked frightened. “It is the X-Laws!”

-meeep! Author Intrusion Moment! (Henceforth referred to as `AIM') Whenever Boris speaks, just imagine him with a bad Transylvanian accent, like in any decently crapped vampire movie. We now return to our originally scheduled program. meeep!-

Zeke looked up. “They wanted to pay us a visit?” he said nonchalantly. “Alright then. Basil, keep the campsite warm.”

“Yes, Master.” Basil replied.



“You aren't showing us anything of importance.” Len barked at April. The Irish ghost scowled, and flung her mirror at his head. “Ow.” He stated.

“If you'd pay closer attention, you little nit, you'd see that Basil was never truly an evil person.” The banshee snarled. Even though she was only four-foot-seven, she towered over Len. “He only obeyed Zeke out of love. Something that the X-Laws couldn't see to save their lives.” She gave Len another dirty look.

“Save it for the fights, darlin'” Rex said.

“YOU JUST HIT ME WITH A MIRROR!” Len screamed. April flipped him off.

“Is she bipolar?” Trey asked Yoh. “What happened to all the ooowah!” he said, waving his arms in the air. He fell down as April knuckle-sandwiched him on the back of the head. “Ooh, that's going to leave a mark.”

“Some people,” April said, glaring at Len and Trey, “can't seem to understand that a simple memory can speak volumes.”

“And some ghosts can't seem to understand that people don't like having their memories invaded.” Rei said cheerily. “April, I know that you're trying to prove a point and all, but shouldn't you have asked Basil before you displayed his inner thoughts for everyone to see?”

“Should I show you what he thinks about when he thinks about Zeke? It's quite naughty.” April said deviously.

Rex sighed, and shut off his over soul. The memory vanished, and the mirror dropped to the ground.

“You're no fun.” April, now in guardian ghost form, pouted.

“And you're being rude.” Rex replied. “You shouldn't broadcast other people's thoughts, you know?”

“This is all well and good, but can we please not do that again?” Basil asked softly. Rex gingerly hugged him.

“Of course. April won't do that again.” He said.

Yoh, Trey, Len, and Rio looked at Dani, Faust, and Rei, who all nodded.







Okay, short chapter, I know. It could be worse. Look at the first one!

Anyhoo, if you ask real nice, I might go PG-13 with the yaoi. Anything above that, and you'll have to do it yourself. But there will be NO BasilXRex without my permission. IS THAT CLEAR! *Imperious face*

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FaustVIII on December 8, 2004, 1:39:16 PM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIIaww poor basil! >< ok i've got a charicter design in my mind for april and i just wanted to know is she as tall as a normal human beacuse for somereason i'm imagining her as a 1 ft' tall banshee. dunno why, but its getting really good! ^_^ oh and for anyone who reads this first and foremost comment or me and akumu will kick your arse, and second in my profile there will be a story about how all of this started out and got together in the first place, hopefully we can work on that last part anthony ^_^ cuz i have no clue, i've got the first 2 chapters done tho. ^_^ i'm really begining to like rex alot, he's all too awesome. ^_^ keep it up and i shall bring fans!