Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11! At long last!

After his defeat at the hands of the X-Laws, and Zeke's betrayal, can Basil go on?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11! At long last!

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11! At long last!


Hallo!

As I now have an idea of who's going to beat up Lyserg, I'm writing chapter 11! Even though nobody gave me any suggestions. *glare* Anyhoo, it's going to be Rei and Trey. (Woot, a rhyme.) In any case, whether or not Lyserg dies is up to the readers. (Read: me and Dandan.) But it's not going to happen in this chapter.

I don't own Shaman King, or anyone-both living and dead-associated with it. I own Rei, Tolstoy, Rex, Kyo, Shota, Kita, Aya, Toya, Daisuke, and Yurika. Dani owns Dani and Akumu. Any song lyrics that are not noted to the contrary are someone else's. Okay, the legal formalities are out of the way. Enjoy!



Chapter 12:



“Ah, young love.” Kana said sarcastically. “It makes me sick.” The blue-haired girl gave her locks a toss, and turned away. “Maddy, Maru; let's go.” She ordered.

“What game are we playing this time?” Maddy asked, playing with Baby Chuck. “Chuck is getting bored.”

“I say we play Haunted Hunt!” Maru said enthusiastically, waving her broom around. “We haven't played that in a while.”

“Any objections, Maddy?” Kana asked. The blonde girl shook her head. “Fine. Haunted Hunt it is then. Let's go.”



Dani stared at Rex and Basil with wide, shining eyes. The two boys had been kissing each other for the past hour, and she had been witness to all of it. By now, both of them were shirtless.

“April, if you have any mercy, then you'll cast an illusion around them.” Rei muttered to Rex's spirit. “Otherwise I'll stick you in the first corpse I see, and make you beat them both.”

“I don't understand how Basil recovered so quickly.” Faust said. “He had five broken ribs, and four fractured limbs. How is he so…energetic?”

April sighed. “That would be my doing. Rex had me perform the Requiem of Pain, and heal up Basil for him. YOU PERVERT!” She flipped Rex off, but he was too busy to care.

“If they don't stop soon, I'm going to kill them.” Len said calmly.

“I think it's cute.” Dani, Jun and-Anna?-remarked.

“And I think it's getting foggy.” Trey said. “It was perfectly clear a minute ago.”

“Hey,” April said to Rex. “HEY!”

“Yeah?” Rex asked, pulling away from Basil. “What?”

“This. It's unnatural.” April said, indicating the fog.

“What, the fog?” Rex asked, looking around. “Ah, there's me shirt.” He said, slipping the garment over his head.

“Everyone stay alert.” Basil barked.

“Huh?” his companions said, confused.

“It's Kana, Maddy, and Maru's Haunted Hunt.” Basil said, pulling his own shirt on. “It's their most dangerous move.”

On those words, thirteen over souls of various shapes and sizes activated.

“How does the Hunt work?” Rei asked, brandishing his scythe warily. A sinister cackle sounded.

“You're about to find out.” Basil said wryly. Behind him, the Spirit of Earth slowly moved forwards.

“Let's start the Haunted Hunt!” Maru's voice called from out of the fog. “Get `em, Jack!”

“Ashcroft!” Kana's voice called from another direction.

“Baby Chuck.” Maddy said.

“When I say so, jump.” Basil said. Something whistled through the fog, towards the two teams. “NOW!”

Lee Pailong grabbed Anna, Tammy, and Jun, as Eliza grabbed Morty, and the two corpses jumped after their shaman.

Below them, the fog billowed away, revealing Ashcroft, Jack O' Lantern, and Baby Chuck sitting on a skeletal horse.

“Show yourself!” Basil shouted, now standing atop the Spirit of Earth, next to Rei, Dani, and Rex.

“Right here.” Kana said, appearing behind Basil. “Did you miss us, pretty-boy?” she asked, stroking his cheek. Dani swung her staff towards Kana, who evaporated.

“Damn.” Rei said, seeing the horse. “They brought a necromancer with them.”

“Hey! Faust!” Rei called. “Can you and Eliza get over here?”

“Yes.” Faust called back, as Eliza set a sheet-white Morty on the ground. “Why?”

“We need the two of you at this end.” Dani said, realizing Rei's plan. A second later, shaman and skeleton had alighted atop the Spirit of Earth.

“Okay, we need to try and break the spirit control over all those bones, so Eliza, Akumu, Tolstoy, and DaVinci have to attack it, while we take over any parts that fall away. Got it?” Rei said, keeping an eye on the horse.

His fellow necromancers nodded.

“Nice try.” A cheerful male voice said. “But you won't break my focus that easily.” A young man wearing only black leather pants, his chest and arms covered in strange tattoos, was standing on the head of the Spirit of Earth.

“Max?” Rex asked, surprised.

“Hello Rex.” Max said. He spotted Basil, and growled. “You replaced me already?”

“Don't tell me.” Rei said wearily. “Ex-boyfriend of yours?”

Rex nodded. “I dumped him after he cheated on me with Kana, Maddy, and Maru, in a ménage au quatre.” Rei, Faust, Dani, and Basil twitched.

Max rolled his eyes. “Well you got over it fast.”

“It was four months ago, Max.” Rex replied. “'Sides, what was I supposed to do? Sit in me room all day and mope all day?”

“That would have been nice. It would have done wonders for my ego.” Max replied, swinging a strange blade towards the necromancers. “Regardless. You think that you can stop Nikolas? That's funny.” Max turned towards a higher rock. “Girls, could you dismount?” He asked. “You can play Haunted Hunt after I take out these guys.”

“Sure.” The girls replied. Chuck and Jack jumped onto Ashcroft, who jumped off of the horse.

“Nikolas, Shadow!” Max shouted, throwing the staff at the horse. “Over soul!” The horse reared up, then collapsed into a pile of bones. A human skeleton in the centre shone, and grabbed the staff, before the form of a young man resembling Max appeared around it. “Silver Storm!”

The animate corpse jumped upwards, towards Team Asakura.

“Shiki Gamis!” Anna called, swinging her beads.

“Cupid's Arrow!” Tammy cried, releasing her attack.

“Rocket Kick!” Jun ordered.

“Bone Blizzard.” Max said coolly, and the bones on the ground flew towards the three shaman.

“Yamatano Hirochi!” Rio shouted, and thousands of white snake-like spirits knocked the bones down.

“Jun!” Len cried, as Nikolas attacked his sister. Lee, the two Shiki Gami, Honchi, and Ponchi lay on the ground, all victims of Nikolas's vicious attack.

“Eliza!” Faust shouted, swinging his arm towards the other skeleton. “Euthanasia!”

“Ashcroft!” Kana called, and the knight jumped up in front of Eliza, her attack bouncing off of him harmlessly.

“It won't be long before Nikolas finishes all of Yoh's friends off.” Max said. “And when he does, Zeke will bring my brother back from the dead!”

“I don't think so.” Dani said, swinging her staff towards Max. He jumped out of the path, only to be grazed by Rei's scythe. “If you can't maintain spirit control, then your skeleton is useless.”

“And we intend to break your spirit control the old-fashioned way.” Rei continued. “Incapacitating the shaman.”

“Good luck with that.” Max said. “I can get away from any time I-”

“No,” April said cheerfully. “You can't.” She, Basil and Rex stood on the opposite side of a mirror-barrier over the Spirit of Earth.

“Basil, could you let us down?” Dani asked, ramming Max in the stomach with her staff. The Spirit of Earth reabsorbed into the ground, and Dani raised her staff to finish Max off.

“Nighty-ni-”

“Dani! Duck!” Rei shouted.

“What?” Dani spun, and only a speedy tackle on Akumu's part prevented her from being decapitated by Nikolas.

“Leave my brother alone!” he growled.

“I was afraid of this.” Rei said. “Nikolas's entire spirit is animating the bones, like with Tolstoy, or DaVinci.”

“Not just me.” Nikolas said. “Shadow is helping too.” He snapped his fingers, and the remaining bones on the ground reformed into an enormous black stallion.

“How'd he get through my barrier!?” Rex and April demanded.

“Pink Lullaby.” Maddy said softly. Rex swore, as he realized that Baby Chuck was standing right on the edge of the barrier, and he had broken it down.

“Hollow Hollow Slash!” Maru said excitedly, and Jack O'Lantern's rib cage grabbed Basil.

“Royal Rampage!” Kana said. “Finish them, Ashcroft!”

“Not quite!” Faust said. “Eliza!”

Ashcroft split into a pile of armour fragments, and Kana collapsed.

“What?” Max demanded.

“While they were all distracted down there,” Trey said, standing behind an unconscious Maddy.

“We were busy up here.” Yoh finished. Maru was also knocked out, and Eliza stood next to Kana.

“Now, where were we?” Jackouar asked, slashing Max. The necromancer fell down, as Nikolas and Shadow collapsed into bones.

“That was fun.” Basil panted. “Rex, I'm fine.” He gasped, as his boyfriend bear-hugged him.

“Never liked that stupid girl.” Rex muttered. “Never liked any of them.”



Woot, that was action-y. *stares at the four-odd pages of action-y fighting.*

I'd like to apologize to Kana, Maddy, and Maru for putting them through that. Sorry! *Hands them all cookies*

Kana: Whatever.

Maddy: Whatever.

Maru: Let's go buy those blue shoes now!

Robin: Please, do go.

Me: Okay, you can leave now.

Kana: Fine. *they disappear.*

Now for some random babble: I LOVE FF2! But it's so hard! And fun! *sniff* Why'd Josef have to die? He's a strong chara. Does anyone know if, when a chara permanently dies, you lose all the stuff you equipped them? *hopes not.*

When I say Tangerine Dream, what do you think of?

Hehe, Biyo!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Katana_Ploeg on July 12, 2006, 6:50:40 AM

Katana_Ploeg on
Katana_PloegDevyn again. Maris' the blonde, adn Matti is the red head...

moonstar_neko on May 12, 2005, 1:11:36 PM

moonstar_neko on
moonstar_nekoThis story's awesome. Keep going! *looks at FausrtVIII* 0.o um...

FaustVIII on March 24, 2005, 9:20:34 AM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIII^O^ i'm schocked you posted it! finally! thats ok tho, i luffs it as i've said a-chan! greatness! ^_^
-faust
(ps COMMENT YOU BIOCHES OR ELSE I WILL STAB YOU THROUGH THE EARS WITH A HOT IRON)
(pss don't report me for that, i don't even know where any of you live! ^O^)