Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Lunch Time

A story of the Mauaders (HP) in thier 5th year at Hogwarts.

Chapter 7 - Lunch Time

Chapter 7 - Lunch Time
When class had finished, it was time to go to lunch.
"Moony? What's up?" asked Peter, as Remeus had his face tucked in a book.
"Well, we have The O.W.L.s this year, so I'm just getting a head start." He replied simply.
"Yeah! I'd say! Remeus! We don't have the owls until late second term! You must be mental!" Sirius yelled at him incredulously.
"Lay off, Sirius!" Shouted a voice behind them. They all wheeled around to see Lily Evans, a girl with shiny, red hair and with vivid green eyes and that was fellow Griffyndor 5th year.
Prongs looked up to see her, and ruffled his hair, making sure that it wasn't too tidy. He always had that little habit, they all guessed that it was to make him look like he'd just gotten off his broomstick. James had tried several times to take Lily out on a date, but every time she refused. This upset James, but he had plenty of other girls that would love to go out with him.
"--Well it is another term until--"
"--That doesn't mean that you have to--!" She contorted back and preceded the row by rounding on Peter that was snickering behind her.
"--The same goes for you, you'd better watch it! I'm a Prefect!--" They continued to row with a weary-looking Lupin watching from behind his book.
"Oy, Padfoot. It's almost time for the you-know-what on Snivelus. C'm on." he whispered to Sirius, as he looked at his watch.
"Oh...Right, let's go."
They slipped past a crowed of 2nd year Ravenclaws, as they could still hear Evans bickering with Peter.
They finally made it through the mass, and got to the Great Hall before anyone. When they looked around, they then just started at the place.
The Hall looked absolutely amazing that day, the four huge tables beautifully polished, the ceiling with a rainbow and a sun with a slight hint of rain. Of course, the ceiling wasn't real, it was just a charm, but an enchantingly wonderful one at that.
Then they sat down at the Griffyndor table to wait to see where Severus was going to sit. In barely no time at all, Snape sat down.
"Hey! Snivellus! I dare you to duel with me out on the grounds, right now!" Sirius called out to him.
He accepted, and they started their way out of the Great hall. Just as Snape and Sirius were out of sight, James hurried over to Snape's seat and performed a sticking charm on it.
"Sticko-quicko!" he muttered. No Slytherin objected to this, as Snape was not very popular. Then he hurried back to his seat, as Lily had just found out about where Sirius went with Snape, so she hurried over to Professor McGonagal, who quickly went to put a stop to it.
As Sirius and Snape came back, Sirius gave James the thumbs-up sign, and then sat down.
"She completely bought it. Snape will be stuck in no time."
"Good thing that we guessed about Evans!" replied James, in a satisfied voice.
They chuckled silently to themselves, and began to eat. When they were mid-way through their meal, the owl post came.
Right in front of James dropped a scarlet letter with a gold ribbon on it. Sirius had one for him too. But they both looked as handsome as ever when they casually opened the howlers.
"JAMES POTTER! HOW DARE YOU BEWITCH YOUR COUSIN..."
"SIRIUS BLACK! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME, YOU BLOOD TRAITOR FILTH..."
No one really paid that much attention to the howlers--though they were as loud as ever-- they were all used to hearing Potter and Black get them, it was almost like a daily event.
After the howlers, James and Sirius kept on eating. Lupin rolled his pale eyes at them, while Peter tried to stifle his laughs by stuffing his mouth with his steak-and-kidney-pie, almost choking. Lily just started at the two with her surprisingly green eyes, as if trying to electrocute them.
When they were done eating, they looked over to Snape, seeing if he had tried to get up yet.
"Not yet Padfoot. I wish that ol' Snivelus would hurry it up!"
"Just wait, Prongs, it'll happen soon enough, and it's all worth it."
Moony had known what they had done, and was deeply considering counter-cursing the charm, but had decided to let it slide.
Then they heard a shout from across the hall.
"POTTER!! BLACK!! YOU'LL PAY!" Snape said as he had almost ripped his ropes, trying to get up so fast and being pulled down with a sudden thump.
The whole school was laughing as Professor Flitwick ran up and said in his squeaky voice, the counter charm.
"Funno-Dunno!"
James and Sirius were still laughing by the time McGonagal came over to punish them.
"You boys!" she yelled at them.
"But you see Professo-"began Moony.
"Honestly Lupin! At least try to stop them!" she shot back at him.
"You boys will get a week full of detention starting next Monday, considering that we just found Professor Tralauny's crystal balls stuffed into the school broom closet! Now go over and help Severus!" she said pointing to Snape in a punishing, low voice.
The boys just sniggered as they went over to Severus.
"Need some help there ol' Snivelus?" Sirius choked up between the laughs.
"Not from gits like you!" He bellowed back.
"Fine then, we'll just be going now." Stifled James, as he looked to see that Snapes robes had torn a little bit in a not-very comforting spot.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

psychopanda94 on July 22, 2006, 3:37:50 PM

psychopanda94 on
psychopanda94I love this story I wonder why no one commented.