Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - See Me

All Iggy wants is for Max to see him... he wants her to see him the way he see's her. IggyMaxFang Maximum Ride fanfic

Chapter 1 - See Me

Chapter 1 - See Me
There are three of us that are the same age. The three of us are fourteen, which means we're all going through hormonal changes. Great.

The other two had the unfair advantage. They could see. They could see each other when they talked, that's probably why they're the leader and second in command, while I'm just the rest of the flock.

And then you see me, well, I don't see me but you do. I loved Max even before I went blind I could swear she loved me too. But I can't see her anymore. I can't see how beautiful she is, I can only imagine her nine-year-old face with the voice she has now. It's pretty weird.

But anyway, Max and Fang, they're like an item in our flock and it's not fair. I had her first Fang! Buzz off! I know how she looks at me, even though I can't see it. She looks at me with sympathy and love of a brother. I don't want that! I want more than just the love a brother. I want her.

There are nights when I can't sleep while Max is. I often crawl over to her and trace the outline of her face with my fingers in hopes of seeing her but I can't, I can't see her. I hate myself, stuck in utter darkness.

She described to me a rainbow once and when she did, I could see it. I swear I could see it.

But I'm getting off track again. So Max and Fang, an item. It makes me cringe. Sure, I can't save her if she falls and be her knight in shining armor because I'm blind. I'm just as strong as Fang, even faster in flying. I have super hearing and help Max out when I hear danger coming. And I can make bombs! Try making one Fang!

Now tell me one reason why Fang deserves to be with Max when I'm obviously better.

He can see.

Shut up. Who asked you?

All I want, all I would ever want is for Max to see me. See me the way I see her. I mean, I'm sure she has a pretty face but I see her heart, I see her, not the body her but her, what makes Max, Max. Like I just made sense. But I mean I was so close to her until those scientists tried to improve my night vision, darn them. After that we drifted away, far away from each other, but I still love her.

I know Nudge sees me the way I want Max to but I don't want Nudge, she invades my silence too much. Nudge is just Nudge.

I hear them, Max and Fang; they're talking in the back of this cave we found. I can hear every word they're saying and I feel like a million bombs blew off in my heart.

Fang just told Max he loved her and Max just said she felt the same. My heart was in blasted bits. Hooray for me. I hear rain outside. Why is it always raining? Are we near Seattle or something? But I hear the rain calling and stand up, listening to the vibrations my footsteps made. Nudge was to my left and I think Total and Angel were by the crackling fire behind me.

Vibrations… they let me see shapes in my mind. Nudge was sleeping in a curled ball, I could imagine her shape. The rain pattered on the ground ahead of me. I could hear every drop and saw every ripple. Sound was a magnificent thing.

I slowly stepped out into the rain, feeling the drops on my skin. Rain was soothing, it whispered sweet nothings to the wind and told me secrets. You have to listen hard to understand.

What's that? My brows furrowed in frustration. A league or so away there was flapping. Not the fast flapping of a small bird or the flap of a cloak but deep whooshes like an angel or worse…

``Max!'' I dashed inside the cave, avoiding the fire after hearing the crackle. ``I think there are Erasers coming!''

``What?'' Max's voice was behind me. It sounded startled. ``How can you hear anything? It's pouring like mad outside. You're soaking wet, go change and I'll be on the look out.'' She put a hand on my shoulder, I could only nod.

Gasman handed me a change of clothes before I went behind a large boulder to change. The flapping was getting closer. Two hundred yards and closing. I stuffed some bombs I made into my pockets, another one occupied my shoe. I could hear snarling now. Erasers were coming closer.

``Fang!'' I heard Max cry out in worry. I could feel the vibration of Fang running to Max and I heard him wrap his arms around her. My stomach curled. I tossed my wet clothes on a rock to dry. ``Everyone, get ready, Erasers are heading our way.'' I could hear Max's determined voice, I could imagine a frown and anger in her eyes. She had pulled away from Fang, finally!

I nodded, listening closer. The flaps were getting slower and more forceful. The rain! The rain was slowing them down but there were less than a hundred yards away. If the rain got their wings too heavy the Erasers would plummet. Just as I thought that I head one set of wings stop flapping and heard the sound of falling. Moments later I heard a soft sickening crack. The Eraser must've hit a rock or something.

One fell, then another. From my guess there must be a half dozen Erasers left. I heard Max talking to Nudge and Gasman. I heard her hug Angel and scratch Total. I heard her steal a kiss from Fang, I cringed on the inside. She walked up to me, her boots echoing on the cave floor.

``Iggy, stay safe, for me ok?'' Max put her hands on my shoulders. I nodded. She hugged me before beginning to walk away. I grabbed her wrist and I knew she looked at me funny.

``Wait.'' I can't believe I'm doing this. I dragged her behind the large boulder and cupped her cheeks in my hands. I kissed her. ``I want you to see me.'' I told her. I must be insane! She's with Fang now! But Fang doesn't deserve her. I had her first.

``But I do '' Max began, she must be confused. I cut her off.

``Max, I want you to see me the way I see you.'' I kissed her again. I faintly heard two Erasers fall to their doom. I let go of her and walked towards the entrance of the cave.

I heard the loud roar of an Eraser, ten yards, two more flaps and they would be here. I pulled up my fists into a fighting position. I was going to fight for the flock, for my life but mostly, for Max's.

See me Max, I thought, blindly punching an Eraser. I want you to see me. I ducked a swift kick from an Eraser before kicking it back. I furrowed my brow in frustration and anger. I wanted to yell as I hit those stupid Erasers. I heard their snarls around me, I'm being ganged up on, it's now or never!

See me!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Taylor2896 on June 19, 2008, 1:35:21 AM

Taylor2896 on
Taylor2896Really, really, really good.Will you please write more.

Brodstar5 on April 2, 2007, 5:32:55 PM

Brodstar5 on
Brodstar5this is soooooo good! i want more