Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9

I do not own the story. I just made some changes to it. Anyway, this is about Kuro''s life; past, present, and future (sorry of my spelling). Please R&R. No critisism (again sorry for my spelling).

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9
No life lives forever.
So, we each strive to leave our own mark on the people and places around us, whether positively or negatively.
But, without even knowing it, we have already left a piece of ourselves behind. People will remember us long after we’re dead...
Even after those we know forget us themselves.

“Ah, there it is!”
Kuro grinned as the small island, graced with but one large manor surrounded by a forest of large trees, appeared on the sun-stricken horizon; he’d slept through a large part of the night sailing. Now, as the sun rose and flashed off his glasses, he finally felt as if everything would turn out all right.
And, for almost twenty long, peaceful years, it certainly felt that way. Thankful for the nonperishable food that was stored so meticulously within the mansion, he had no reason to ever set sail again; the place was close to self-sustaining. The library within the manor became one of his favorite spots, both because of the books and the soothing fireplace surrounded by soft, warm chairs. He could spend all his evenings in that room, whiling away the hours completely entranced within these fabulous books.
And yet, a dark sort of worry hung in the back of his head. Though he had this newfound, but limited, wealth, still, he did not feel as if he had complete peace of mind. There was still three people that knew where he was; three people that could easily destroy this calm world in which he now found himself.
He tried hard not to dwell on such worries.
Also, something else had lingered in his mind; not long after he’d settled in, a piece of driftwood carrying a black cat washed up on the shore. It was the same black cat that Kuro had known as a child; how it had come across him again was a mystery, though one he wasn’t anxious to explore.
Still, his life on the tiny island was comfortable; he could finally relax...until one evening...
---
Outside, the rain continued to pour down upon the island, creating a soothing sort of sound while Kuro sat in one of the red velvet chairs around the roaring fireplace. In his hands was an old, seemingly unused book; he’d been reading it every night for the past few days. The black cat was curled up on the armrest of the chair, breathing heavily and looking at Kuro intently.
“It’s a gloomy night, isn’t it?” Kuro said to the cat, setting down the book. The cat mewed very softly and its eyelids drooped slowly. Kuro gave a very small smile to the cat and picked the book up again; the cat moved to the back of the chair to look over Kuro’s shoulder at the print. As the two began to envelop themselves within the book, a loud creak echoed through the room.

‘The front door,’ Kuro thought to himself; the chair he was sitting in was facing away from the door of the library; however, he didn’t get up to investigate. Though the front door did creak when opened, the wind that had been joining the rain was probably causing the sound. He once again attempted to bury himself in the book.
He didn’t hear the library door open or see the aging figures step in, carrying small pistols; but, the cat did. It looked around and hissed at one of the two figures.
“Kuro,” a man said loudly. “we found you.”
Kuro set down the book and stood, not turning to look at them. “What do you two want?”
They stood silent and raised their pistols, aiming at Kuro’s head. “We want to kill you.”
“Now, why would you two want to do that?” Kuro asked lightly, as if it was all just a joke. “We’re friends, remember?”
“We’re not anymore!” the man shouted, preparing to fire. “You abandoned me! You left me for dead!”
“And I won’t forgive you for what you did to Nagase!” the woman yelled furiously, was preparing to fire.
Kuro shift his gaze to the woman from the reflection of the window, who lowered her pistol at her side as she lowered her head as well. Kuro smirked as he adjusted his glasses, “You don’t want to die, but you don’t know how to take a life. Am I right, Nagasaki?”
“No,” she looks up at him with tear-stained eyes, “I can’t take a life of a friend.”
Both Kuro and the man were in shock and a tear trickled down Nagasaki’s cheek. She wailed, “I can’t afford to lose someone else that is precious me.”
“Else...?” the man thought as he looked at her.
“Why?” Kuro asked.
Nagasaki smiled at him, “Because if something is precious to me, I’ll protect it with all the strength I’ve got. Even at the risk of my own life.” Then she set the pistol at the table next to her and continued, “I’m not going to kill you, Kuro.”-turns her head to the man-“I’m sorry.”
Kuro understood. “You were going to die anyway, old friend,” Kuro hissed and turned around. “You were going to die anyway, Django.”
Django stumbled a bit, the gun sliding slightly in his hand. “What...what are you saying!?”
Kuro grimaced and felt sorrow cover his face. “It was as I said...none who knew my true identity could live. I killed all of those men.” He looked up, trying to hide the sadness on his face and in the eyes that rested behind his glasses but knew Nagasaki saw it. “But, I’m sure that some escaped; some of them lived.”
“We lived,” Django spat, raising the pistol again. “Nagase and I suffered because of you!”
“I, myself, had as well.” Nagasaki added, with sorrow no longer had control but anger instead, “I understand you’re upset about losing your mother and Amelia. However, you can’t take it out on the innocent lives.”
A silence fell across the three, the years of pain seeming to show more prominently on them. Kuro broke the silence. “How did you two find me, anyway?”
“We interrogated people,” Django replied quickly. “They told us of a cursed island and how an aging servant had taken up residence on the island.”
“I see,” Kuro mused, closing his eyes and bringing his hand to his face. Django and Nagasaki had no clue what was going on in Kuro’s head...the sinister feeling of betrayal that was slowly creeping its way into Kuro’s mind. “So, perhaps she did not keep her vow.”
Django ignored this. “But, that doesn’t matter.” His finger was barely a thread’s width from the trigger. “All that matters is that you suffer the way I suffered.”
Suddenly, the gun was missing from Django’s hand and he was flat on his back, five long blades pointed at his throat. Kuro stood over him, malice flickering in his eyes.
“You don’t know how I’ve suffered, Django!” Kuro hissed, moving the blades closer to Django’s throat so that the cold steel rested on his flesh. “You can’t fathom the pain and sorrow I’ve felt.”
Django whimpered slightly and tried to move; his body seemed frozen on that spot with those evil blades ready to slice him to ribbons. “You...you wouldn’t kill me, would you?” he stuttered.
Kuro looked at him, and then moved his other blades to Django’s heart. “I have no reason to kill you...except...you threatened my life.”
Django suddenly felt a swelling of anger. “You want us to die! You’re no better than those Navy officials that killed your mother! You’re as bad as them! You’re as awful as those pirates!”
“Django...” Nagasaki said in awe as tears still trickled down her cheeks and looking at him.
If Django was going to say anything else, he never got the chance; in that very small instant, Kuro had thrust both sets of blades into their targets and withdrawn them quickly. Blood oozed out of the cuts and covered Django in red. Nagasaki covered her mouth as tears flowed down onto her hands and trembled uncontrollably as she saw one of her best friends lying dead.
That old man, who had once been one of Kuro’s best friends and his first mate, lay dead on the carpet, bleeding profusely as Kuro stood limply over him. But, what Django had said had filled Kuro with such fury that, for a moment, everything else seemed to disappear.
The cat yowled from its spot on the chair; Kuro turned to look at it.
“He compared me to those men that slaughtered my parents,” Kuro said dumbly to the cat. Nagasaki uncovered her mouth as she looked at him and said, “Kuro?” The cat yowled again then jumped to the floor and wrapped itself around Kuro’s leg.
But, a disturbing thought entered Kuro’s thoughts...
Was it true? “I--...,” Kuro stuttered to Nagasaki, “I’d killed thousands of men in cold blood; all for revenge.” He looked at her with a sad expression and asked her, “Was it as horrible as what those men had done to my mother?”
“What’s done, is done. There’s no point in regretting something that already happened and cannot be changed.” He looked away as he sighed and she continued, “Okay, so... you made a mistake over the past twenty years. Beating yourself up isn’t going to fix anything, Kuro.”
She, soon, looked at the remains of Django and said, “What would we do with his body?”
“Bury it. I’ll be right back.”
She node her head once again and he left outside.
The previous thought consumed every moment of Kuro’s life as he buried Django’s body in the vast sea, a great distance from the island.
But, now he knew; there was nothing left. There was no one that cared for him anymore; he had no reason to live.
No reason to live any longer...
Soon he got back inside and back into the library where Nagasaki was.
Nagasaki saw the sadness in his eyes. As Kuro walked past her, she grabbed his shoulder and he said solemnly, “Now I know, that there’s nothing left.”
“What are you--?”
“There’s no one that cares for me anymore, I have no reason to live. No reason to live any longer...”
“KURO, DON’T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT DYING!!!!!”
“There’s--” His sentence was cut short when he turned his head and saw the expression on Nagasaki’s face.
“Please, Kuro, don’t talk about dying...” Suddenly, she wrapped her arms around his stomach, her head on his shoulder, and wailed, “Please, Kuro, don’t go... don’t go...don’t go...”
Before he had the chance to speak, he noticed that she was clutching on to his jacket as she sobbed, “You’re not alone, Kuro. I care about you.” He noticed the sorrow that she was going through from the incident; she lost her brothers (Daddy Masterson & Smoker), her three best friends (Django, Moru, & Tashigi), her niece (Carol Masterson), her husband (Alba Samaru), and her daughter (Alba Nagase). She was alone just like him, and she couldn’t afford to lose any one else that was precious to her, especially him. They, both, had two things in common; they fight to stay alive, and they were both alive. Soon, she wailed as she clutched his jacket tighter, “I’m not going to lose you. Not again, Kuro. You’re the only person I have left in my life.” He took his gloves off, hugged Nagasaki, and hummed the same lullaby that she hummed to him when he lost his mother. When Nagasaki calmed down, he stood her up.
“Nagasaki...” She looked at him, and took two steps back to give him space. He looked at her with sorrow in his eyes, yet a smile appeared on his face and continued, “Your daughter was just like you; the first time I met her, I noticed that she pushes herself and struggles in battles, no matter what condition she was in. So, one day, I asked her, ‘Why are you so headstrong and persistent?’ She answered, ‘Because my mom told me never give up, never surrender. That became my motto.’ I was appalled by her words. Your daughter was truly a remarkable child...and so were you.”
“She told me that you spared and saved her life several times.” She hesitated before she asked, “Why?”
“Because she reminded me of you; strong-wielded, willful. Also, she saved my life as well. She’s just like you, each and every step of the way. You taught her well during those past twenty years.” Kuro said as his smile was still on his face. Nagasaki was appalled of what he said and tears trickled down her cheeks. “I have another question, Nagasaki; during those years of our friendship, why were you over protective?”
Nagasaki smiled, “I care too much about you, Kuro. You were like the family I never had. I’d always looked up to you. And I’m still incredibly mad for what you did to Nagase.”
“I don’t blame you, Nagasaki.”
“But it doesn’t mean I won’t forgive you. Because if I don’t, I might lose you again.”
Kuro was shocked by her words. “Listen, about what happen the first time we went to the Kazakori Village, I’m sorry for what I did to you. I never wanted any of that to happen.”
Nagasaki smiled, “You’re forgiven, Kuro.”
“I can take you to her. I can take you to Nagase,” he said solemnly while tears came down her cheeks, “However... the cost is your life. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything, for what I did you, your family, our friend,” He paused for a moment and continued, “and even Nagase.”
“Speaking of her,” She peered through her bag until she found what she was looking for; a poem. “When I told her about you, she wrote this about you. I asked her why she wrote it to you. She said, ‘Because, despite of everything, I still believe that people are really good from heart.’ Anyway, she wanted me to deliver it to you, but I didn’t get the chance to do it.” She handed the poem to him. Soon, she took two steps back and put her arms out.
“Do what you need to do, Kuro,” She smiled as tears trickled down her cheeks, “my... my best friend.”
He looked at her puzzled and appalled. He hesitated then said, “Why do you want me to end your life?”
She looked down, “Leukemia...”
“What? Why--”
“There’s no cure; there couldn’t be a treatment that could get rid of this wretched leukemia for good.” She looked up at him, despite the sadness, she smiled, and said, “We’re just alike, Kuro.”
He looked at her, appalled once again, he looked down, mulled over the concept, looked up at her, and smiled, “Alright.”
Before he did what he needed to, Nagasaki said, “Kuro, wait!” Unexpectedly, she hugged him, as her last request. “Thank-you, Kuro, for everything.” She smiled as tears trickled down on to his jacket. He returned the hug and the tears came down his cheeks. After they hugged, Nagasaki removed one of his gloves, removed her favorite necklace, placed it in his hands, and then she said as they hugged one last time, “Kuro, promise me you’ll take good care of it.”
“I promise.”
Kuro put her necklace in his pocket and put his glove back on as Nagasaki moved two steps back. Tears went down his cheeks when she smiled as tears trickled down her cheeks and said her last words to him, “You were an unlucky black cat lost in the world...and was lucky enough to find those who cared for you. Because of this, you were, soon, born away by the waves, and lost in darkness and distance...” And then, with one swift movement, Kuro gashed Nagasaki’s torso, leaving him to tears as the corps fell.
He, now, knew that he was alone once again...
He wiped the tears from his eyes and then buried Nagasaki’s body in the vast sea, a great distance from the island, along with Django’s body. “Nagase, I hope you can forgive me.” Suddenly, Nagase’s spirit appeared, held his hand as she smiled, and then he heard her say, “I already have.” But when he looked down next to him, Nagase’s spirit was gone. “May they all rest in peace...,” Kuro said solemnly. Suddenly, he noticed the poem that Nagasaki gave to him. He took his gloves off, reached in his pocket, found the poem, unfold it, and read,

Guardian Angel
By: Alba Nagase

You’re not alone, I’m always there,
Don’t worry you’re in my prayer.
I will help you find your Angel Wings,
I will help you find the Angels when they sing.

You can undo the sinful things you did, it’s not too late.
Take your time, the world can wait.
No matter what road you choose, I’ll be there by your side,
I’m your Guardian Angel, your conscience, your friend, your guide.

Soon, Kuro let out a smile and went back inside the manor.
---
“Hey, what’s that?” Luffy called from the bow of the ship. He pointed at a tiny island directly in their sailing path.
“I don’t know,” Nami answered from the kitchen. “It’s not marked on the map...it must be a private island.”
“Who would have a private island this far out in the ocean?” Sanji asked as he drew himself away from his cooking to peer over Nami’s shoulder. “Where would you get food?”
“It’s probably full of food that won’t spoil,” Nami said thoughtfully. “We should probably stop there.” She yelled the new directions to the person steering the ship while Luffy grinned widely at the prospect of a new island.
---
“What could they want?” Kuro wondered as he stood by the window, the sunlight streaming into the room. In the distance, he could see a large ship sailing toward his island.
Kuro walked away from the window and sighed. He still could not purge himself of that night...though it had only been a few weeks ago. It stuck with him as nothing ever had. Every night...those last words...
You’re the same as them!
You were an unlucky black cat lost in the world...and lucky enough to find those who cared for you. Because of this, you was, soon, born away by the waves, and lost in darkness and distance...
---
“Wow!”
Luffy had finally hit land and fell onto the warm sand, laughing to himself.
“Get up, you lazy bum!” Nami laughed as she and Zoro jumped off the ship. “Let’s see if anyone lives here!” She held out a hand to pull Luffy to his feet.
---
Kuro returned to the window; the black cat followed him and stood by the window. The sight of the three people at the shore made him stumble back in shock.
“No...” Kuro said softly to himself and pushed up his glasses. “It...it can’t be them.” For a moment, Kuro considered hiding; perhaps even gathering his things and leaving the island...but, then, a small, dark thought entered his head.
This could be your escape, the voice said. This could be your chance to leave this wretched planet...
And return to those who love you...
---
“This place looks abandoned,” Zoro said, folding his arms.
“Come on, we have to at least look around!” Luffy called far ahead. “Besides, I found the entrance to the house!” Zoro and Nami caught up with Luffy, who had stopped. “It looks like someone does live here!”
“But, who would live in a place like this?” Nami wondered darkly. However, her question was quickly answered by the slam of a door.
Kuro stepped down from the porch and stood in the path of Luffy and the others.
“How...how did you get here?” Luffy asked, stunned. “You used to live with that old woman!”
“I couldn’t stay,” Kuro said. “Besides, it’s none of your business.”
“Fine,” Nami said, stepping forward, “but could you at least give us some food?”
“No,” Kuro said, folding his arms. “I won’t just give it to you. You have to do something for me.”
“What do we have to do?” Zoro asked angrily.
Kuro uncrossed his arms and slowly turned his gaze to the sky. “You...you have to kill me.” The others looked shocked for a moment; Luffy recovered first.
“We won’t do that,” he said forcefully.
“Then,” Kuro sighed and turning his gaze to Luffy, “you will not receive any food.”
A long silence followed this as Luffy and Kuro looked at each other; Kuro continued to push the awful thoughts out of his head...if he succeeded, he could heal himself of all the evil that surrounded him. The wind began to blow through the trees, echoing around them.
“Fight me,” Luffy finally said. “Fight me to the death.” He began to stretch his arms and grinned. “If I win, we get all the food.”
Kuro, for a moment, looked stunned; it vanished as he looked down and smiled. “Alright, then.” He drew his claws as if no time had passed and pushed up his glasses. “But, we must battle on the wooden deck.”
Luffy agreed and followed Kuro up the path. No one spoke as they stepped onto the deck, Nami and Zoro taking seats near the edges. Kuro and Luffy remained standing.
“Tell me something, Kuro,” Luffy said as he raced at Kuro.
“What?” It was amazing; even in his age, Kuro could still move incredibly fast; but, he knew that Luffy was younger; stronger...he wouldn’t last long.
“Why do you want me to kill you?” They continued to fight even as they talked; but Kuro was slowly tiring; he knew that it wouldn’t last long...
“I don’t have anything else to live for,” Kuro said shakily.
“What do you mean?” Luffy asked incredulously. “What about your dreams?”
“They died,” Kuro stated flatly. He couldn’t block one of Luffy’s swings and felt the blood pour from the cut on his head. “Everything did.”
“What about your family!?” Luffy was fighting like a madman; something had infuriated him. “Don’t you care about them at all!?” He landed another hit on Kuro, who fell to the ground.
Kuro pushed himself up with his knee; part of his face was covered in blood. A sort of dark joy glittered in his eyes as he pushed up his glasses. “They’re all dead, Luffy. Every last one of them...they’ve been dead for almost fifty years.” A cold moment swept through all of them; Nami shrieked softly and Zoro almost toppled over in shock.
“How will your death do any good?” Luffy asked as Kuro stood up. He threw another punch and Kuro was on his knees again. “How would that help your family? How would it help you!?” Luffy threw punches wildly, determined to attack him, to hurt him for giving up...again.
Kuro felt as if he couldn’t breathe; he was covered in blood and his glasses were askew. He pushed them up and smiled sadly at Luffy, who was huffing angrily.
“I’ll be able to see Amelia again...”
One final attack to his face...and Kuro fell, bloody and broken, to the deck. He closed his eyes and...and it was almost as if he could hear her calling his name...calling to him...
“Klahadore!”
Calling him to her...
---
“Klahadore!” Kaya called as she ran up the dark path to the house. “Kuro!” Behind her, Merry was dashing at top speed just to keep up with her. But, she was stopped in the path by Zoro.
“You...you can’t go up there,” Zoro said, shaking slightly.
“Why not?” Kaya said defiantly. “Out of my way; I have to see Klahadore!”
“Kuro...can’t be seen,” Zoro said sadly. But, Kaya pushed past him and didn’t hear him say the next few words.
“He’s dead.”
But, she didn’t need to; before she even reached the top of the deck, she saw Luffy standing over someone lying on the wooden deck. Even from there, she could tell that it was Kuro.
“No...Klahadore!” Kaya cried, beginning to burst into tears. Luffy and Nami turned to look at her, shocked. Kaya dashed up to the deck and stared upon the blood-soaked man lying spread-eagled on the wood.
“How did you get here?” Nami asked wildly.
“A letter...but that doesn’t matter!” Kaya cried dismissively. She fell to her knees; not even medical help could save him. “Klahadore...Kuro...you can’t be dead!” She rested her head on his and began to sob...he just couldn’t be gone...not now...“You just can’t be dead...Kuro...”
---
That evening, Luffy and his crew buried Kuro at sea, just beyond the shore...but, at Kaya’s request, they had removed the cat claws first.
“How did you find him?” Nami asked again from the side of the ship, listening to the breeze.
“I received a letter...from a long-lost cousin...” Kaya said softly; she was visiting Luffy’s ship for the moment. “She wrote back to me and told me that Kuro had moved here...but, I couldn’t get off the island...I couldn’t leave my patients to search for him...until about two weeks ago.”
“But why now?” Usopp had joined them on the side of the ship. “Why now, when he’d died?”
“I don’t know,” Kaya said, staring at the sun. “Maybe it was fate.” She heard Luffy and Zoro move behind them.
“Maybe,” Zoro mused. “Or, perhaps it was something else...something that we can’t understand.”
“Maybe,” Luffy agreed. “Kaya, why did you want us to take his gloves off?”
Kaya continued to stare at the sun. “My cousin told me that he didn’t want to belong to the title of Captain anymore...but he felt that he couldn’t escape...this way, he will pass on as Kuro...not as a pirate captain.”
“Still,” Zoro said, crossing his arms, “I think we should keep this quiet.”
“Yes,” Usopp agreed. “We can’t tell anyone about this.”
Soon, they all felt the rush of the cool breeze, but not only that; they heard a voice from behind them say, “Kaya, Straw-Hat Pirates!” All five of them (Usopp, Zoro, Nami, Kaya, and Luffy) recognized that voice. When they turned around, they saw Nagase’s spirit smiling at them. “Nagase!” Kaya shouted gladly as she carefully ran down from the ship to rejoice of her best friend. They hugged each other and she sobbed. Then Kaya was terribly upset when Nagase said, “I have to cross over.” As soon as Kaya pulled away she said in sadness, “What?”
“I’m so, so sorry, Kaya. I really am, but I have to cross over.”
As much as it pained Kaya, she understood. Before, Nagase said her good-byes to everyone, she, incidentally, said a moving speech as a smile appeared,
“I’m grateful to have met all of you. No one could have ask better friends like all of you, I’ll never forget what you all have done for me. I’m truly grateful to be called your best friend. We may be gone, but we shall not be forgotten. If you have dreams or people that are precious to you, protect them with all the strength you’ve got. Even at the risk of your own life, or else they’ll be nothing but bitter ashes.”
Everyone cried from Nagase’s speech. She continued starting with Kaya, “Kaya,” she looks at her, “promise me you’ll stay strong?”
“Y-yes, I promise.” Kaya wailed as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
“Sanji, Zoro, try not to kill each other.” Nagase laughed. Everyone chuckled. Next, she shift her gaze to Zoro, “Zoro, I hope you get the title of the world’s greatest swordsman.”
“Thank-you, Nagase.” Zoro smiled.
Next, she shift her gaze to Luffy, “Luffy, I’m looking forward to be seeing you as King of the Pirates.”
Luffy nodded his head. Next, she shift her gaze at Nami. “Keep an eye on those four. Especially Usopp.”
“Always do.” Nami laughed. So did Nagase. Next, to Tricia. “Tricia, this is for you.” Nagase tossed up a bottle that had a letter in it and Tricia caught it. She shift her gaze from the bottle to Nagase who said, “It’s from Mazuharo.” After she said that, a tear trickled down Tricia’s face and, unexpectedly, she ran to Nagase and hugged her with the bottle in her hand as she cried, “Thank-you, Nagase.” Tricia let go of her and then, before she got back on the ship, Nagase said, “Hey, Tricia!” –she turned to Nagase- “I hope you find Mazuharo. I promise you that.” “Thank you.” Tricia smiled. Finally, Nagase shifted her gaze at Usopp. “Usopp, come here.” And he did so. As soon as Usopp was near her, she hugged him and said with a choked up voice as tears fell down, “Good-bye, Usopp. I hope you’ll become the brave warrior of the sea. I’m looking forward to it.” Then it was time for her to cross over, but before she did, she turned and asked, “Will you keep it a secret? About Kuro?” As Kuro appeared, Luffy smiled and said, “Yes, we’ll keep it as a secret.”
Kuro smiled. ‘Thank-you, Straw-Hat Pirates and Miss Kaya.’
Then Nagase glowed and said without moving her lips, “Thanks, everyone, for everything. Remember, Never give up, never surrender and if something is precious you, protect it with all the strength you’ve got, even at the risk of your own life.” Soon, she disappeared and Luffy thought as he smiled, ‘We won’t tell anyone, Kuro. We promise.’
---
And, no one did. They all kept their vow of silence to each other and left the memory of this man in their minds; but, no one would ever hear of it...and, eventually, the memory faded and was forgotten. They continued on their way; Sara was later informed of Kuro’s death, and though she pined for him, she felt that, in death, he had been freed...and so had she. The home was left empty for ages; the curses of legend grew...
Kuro’s black cat continued to live in the house, living off whatever it could; but, eventually, it too passed on; no one knows what has happened to it.
So was the tale of Kuro, so alone, so young in life; guided by darkness and saved by it as well. The five ladies; Kaya, Sara, Nagasaki, Nagase, and Amelia; they all affected Kuro through their love. Though many would remember Kuro as a great terror and an intelligent, silent killer, there would be the few that would hold him dear to their hearts as a lone, little boy, lost in a world that cared nothing for him.
An unlucky black cat, lost in the world...and lucky enough to find those who cared for him.
[Nagase, Nagasaki, Amelia, Kaya, and Sara voice over]: “He was, soon, born away by the waves, and lost in darkness and distance...”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nina94 on September 27, 2010, 8:05:53 AM

nina94 on
nina94AN: This chapter is not for the faint of heart (Captain Kuro fans).