Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Title to change. Oneshot about Lee's dad dying.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
Lee sat in front of his father's grave. It had been eight years since he died, back when Lee was seven, but Lee's feelings about it never changed.
He sat there crying, begging for forgiveness when he heard footsteps behind him, and before he could do anything, there was a hand on his shoulder.
"Lee..." Gai whispered.
"H-Hello G-Gai-sensei..." Lee stuttered as Gai sat down next to him.
"Was this... your father?" Gai asked, indicating the name on the gravestone.
"Y-yeah..."
"So... what happened exactly?"
Lee began sobbing again as he said, "I was only seven... there was a fire... father's foot got stuck under one of the beams... I tried to pick it up but an ANBU picked me up and carried me out of the house... and the roof collapsed.... It is all my fault he is dead!" Lee cried and hugged Gai.
"Lee... how was that your fault?"
"B-because I could not save him!"
"You were seven years old. No one could have expected you to pick up an a hundred pound beam in the middle of a fire all by yourself."
"I know but... as I left... all father did was smile and wave... it was as if he did not know what was going on!"
"You wanna know what I think?"
"W-what is that, Gai-sensei?"
"I think he did know, and that's why he was so calm. He knew it would be the last time he ever saw you and he wanted to make the most of it."
"But... do you not think he would hate me?"
"Hate you? You tried to save him. He knows that and he knows you would have stayed if you could."
"But I did not!"
"That's not the point. He loved you, right?"
"Y-yeah..."
"So he knew how hard you tried and he knew you loved him just as much. That's all he cared about."
"You... really think so?"
"I know so."
"And.. do you think he would be proud of me?"
"Lee, of course he would be. You're his son. If you were mine, I'd brag about you all the time, not that I don't already!"
Lee smiled and kissed his sensei on the cheek, "Talk to him with me. I have told him all about you."
"Sure!" Gai said, humoring the boy, and the two of them talked to Lee's father for hours.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment