Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Boring

Working Title. NaruLee story. Rating to go up. Naruto not mine.

Chapter 1 - Boring

Chapter 1 - Boring
It was a pretty boring day. I was lying in the hospital. Why? I have no clue. They had finished my surgery days ago, but since I went out and fought, they wanted to monitor my health and what-not.
I had heard Naruto hadn’t been able to bring Sasuke back, which made me sad. No, not because I wanted Sasuke back (I really didn’t like him too much anyway). It was just that I knew how upset Naruto was.
Like I said, it was a boring day, so I wanted to go say “hello” to him and see how he was doing.
I left my room, not caring that the doctors didn’t want me to be up. I was fine.
As I approached Naruto’s room, I got a sudden chill and felt dizzy. I almost didn’t want to go in, but I couldn’t let him down if he needed someone there for him, so I went in.
“Oh, hey Bushy Brow...” Naruto said to me. I didn’t hear even the slightest sign of happiness in his voice.
I walked over to him and sat on the edge of his bed, “Are you okay, Naruto?”
“Um... yeah. I was just thinking about Sasuke....”
I smiled at him, trying to show courage, “Hey, we will get him back here someday. You have nothing to worry about Naruto. I am prepared to risk my life to get him back and I know you are too. Now come on, I hate seeing you sad!”
I saw him grin slightly to himself but he said, “But I won’t have a chance to bring him back... not until I get back.”
“Get back? From where?”
“Um, Pervy Sage is taking me on a two and a half year training around the country.”
I gasped, “What?”
“Yeah... we’re leaving tomorrow....”
“Oh, Naruto!” I said and hugged him, “It will be boring around here without you!”
I couldn’t see his face but I knew he was smiling.
Naruto was a year younger than me, technically making me an “elder” to him, but we were able to treat each other as equals because we were so much alike.
We let go of one another and he said, “I’m really going to miss you... the whole village too, actually.” He was laughing a little bit; a good sign.
I nodded, “I will miss you too.”
He grinned, “Hey, you better pass those Chûnin Exams next time! For me!”
I flashed him the nice guy pose, “Of course!”
We laughed and he said, “Well, you should get back to your room and I have to leave and go get ready. I’ll stop by before I leave though.”
I smiled, “All right. Thank you, Naruto.”
“Nah, thank you.”
I was slightly surprised at those words coming from Naruto, but I bowed my head and got up to leave for my room.
I really was going to miss Naruto. That knucklehead, always running around shouting about how he’d be Hokage and how he was better than anyone who challenged him. I chuckled to myself just thinking of this.
But Naruto had a soft spot too, although you’d never get him to admit it!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment