Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Confessions

JackxOC The Dragon of Thunder suffers a terrible fall, and thinks the others betrayed her. Turning to the world of the Heylin, she wants nothing to do with the Xiaolin Dragons. Jack however, might discover her new identity...

Chapter 10 - Confessions

Chapter 10 - Confessions
Jack Spicer x OC

I’m pretty bad at this updating thing aren’t I? I’m doing this for you BlackStar102! :O

DISCLAIMER: Nothing new

BASIC SYMBOLS:
[/i][/u] “Talking”, Thinking, IIIII=change setting/time, XXXXX=Flashback

________________________________________



Chapter 10: Confessions

Shaye POV


We found a place to rest for the night not too far from the stairs. By the time we got out of the tunnel, there was only a slit of sun left. Though I couldn’t see much of the sky, it was a deep red, with flecks of purple scattered throughout the clouds. Its beauty continuously snatching my attention, I found myself often tripping on rocks, branches, and various other hard objects. Oh how I wish I had a pair of shoes…

Jack and I sat on a log, while his robots set up a camp. They set up two spots for sleeping, a small fire, and set down all of his luggage in a neat pile off to the side. As I watched them racing around doing our chores, Jack turned to me.

“How do you feel?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you were…not living…a few hours ago…I just wanted to know if you felt okay.” Hesitatively, he smiled.

“I suppose I feel alright for a zombie.” I gave a small chuckle, and smiled back. “But, I could be better.” I added.

“How so?”

“I don’t know.” I answered, shrugging my shoulders casually. “I just feel like, something’s wrong. Like what I feel now will only get worse. Something has changed, but I don’t know what it is.”

Jack looked at me in confusion, his head tilted slightly to the side. “I…Can I…help?” he asked innocently.

I shook my head. “No, I don’t think so, but thank you anyways.” We both smiled again, and sat in silence for a moment. The moment was interrupted however, by the rumbling of Jack’s stomach. He quickly grabbed it, as if to muffle the sound with his hands, before he looked up, embarrassed.

“I should go make something to eat now.” He stated, standing up and heading to the fire. “Do you have a problem with noodles?” he called back.

“Nope, noodles are fine with me.”

As he turned to make our food, I got up off of the log, and began to wander, looking for anything that would catch my attention. I swept my hands through leaves, and pushed bushes apart. I stopped at every tree and examined them closely, looking for bugs, or anything strange. I continued to wander until I stopped at a small flower that was brightly coloured. Its center was a deep purple. Its petals started white in the center, then faded to pink, and then to red on the edges. I squatted down to get a better look. It was so beautiful. I gently played with its smooth leaves. Its petals felt like velvet.

“Jaaack!” I called without looking up. “Do you have a camera?”

“Yeah I do, why?”

“There’s something here that I want a picture of.”

I heard him laugh. “Oh really?”

I turned quickly, giving him a sarcastic glare. He laughed again, before he commanded his Jack Bot to take the camera to me. I took a quick close-up photograph. Satisfied, I continued wandering. I travelled back to the camp, and I took a picture of Jack hovering over the pot of boiling noodles. The sudden flash made him jump. Giggling, I sat back down on the log. Jack soon walked over to me with a bowl in each hand.

“Your noodles, m’am.” He said, passing a bowl to me, smiling.

“Thank you, sir.” I replied, taking the bowl.

Sitting down beside me, he began to devour the noodles without mercy. Myself, not being very hungry, picked at them and slurped them up one by one. I stared at Jack in wonderment, eating my food blindly. I had barely put a dent into my bowl when he had finished.

“You’re insane.” I stated, without changing the bewildered look on my face.

“Why?” he asked, seemingly unaware.

“You just ate all of those noodles in like, five seconds.” I answered, raising an eyebrow.

“Ha ha. Sorry. I was hungry! It kind of happens after walking for so long. Your body kind of treats every meal as its last. I am however, going to get some more!” He said, removing himself from the log. I looked down into my bowl that I had been steadily wearing away at, and sighed.

IIIII IIIII IIIII


The camp fire roared. Its light seemed to touch everything. I was laying tummy down on the log, using my crossed arms as a headrest. Jack sat on the ground by my feet, with his back against the log.

“Jack…?” I asked quietly.

“Hm?” he responded, looking up to me.

“Wh-why did you really bring me back?”

There was a long pause, and I felt my heart sink. He took a deep breath, and then looked at me, almost sadly, but very seriously.

“Shaye, I…” he gulped. “I-I should have told you earlier, but, I couldn’t find the courage…I was afraid of what you would do. But I guess, I should just get it out now, while I have the chance…” He looked back down, looking like he was thinking something over. He bit his lip, and his eyes never stayed looking at the same place for more than a second. Finally, he closed his eyes, took in a deep breath, and looked back to me. “Shaye, I…I love you.”

My eyes widened, and I felt my cheeks begin to flush. I was at a loss for words. Slowly, I sat up.

“A-and I have for a long time. Even before we started spending those nights together. The way you act, the way you move, the way you laugh. Just, who you are! Everything! Around you, I feel like I can do anything. I feel invincible. Like nothing but you matters! And, wh-when you weren’t there, I went back to being nothing. Just a speck in the world trying to get through the day. When I found out about what the Xiaolin Dragons had done, I just couldn’t leave you. You didn’t deserve to end that way.” His gaze returned to the ground.

“Jack, I…Thank you…Thank you, for doing this. For putting yourself through all this for me.”

“It’s the least I could do. I would do anything for you…” We both smiled fondly. Tears began to blur my vision. Jack, unsure if he had done something wrong, stood quickly and began to apologize.

“Sh-Shaye…I…I’m s-“

I stood up, and wrapped my arms around him, catching him off-guard. I buried my face in his chest, and held him tightly. Soon, he returned the embrace. I cried, the sounds being muffled by Jack. It didn’t take long for Jack’s eyes to tear up as well.

“I’m sorry Jack. I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t have acted the way I did that night…I shouldn’t have left you there. Jack, I’m so sorry!”

I continued to cry harder. Jack responded by squeezing me equally as hard.

“You don’t need to apologize, Shaye. I understand that you did it to protect us…You didn’t have any other choice.”

I looked up to him, my eyes swelled and red, and smiled thankfully, before I rested my head back on his tear-soaked chest gently. I loosened my grip on him, holding his softly. He rested his head on mine.

“I love you too, Jack.”

________________________________________


WHY did I wait so long to continue writing this? I miss it so badly! Thank you BlackStar for giving me that nudge to continue!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment