Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Vampire Mayhem

Haruhi Fujioka starts off to a new school... for cartoon characters. This is where they learn to become one with their inner toon and find where they belong before they get adopted to a show. Then someone begans posioning the toons. Can it be stopped?

Chapter 3 - Vampire Mayhem

Chapter 3 - Vampire Mayhem
After Nekonome dumped Haruhi and Yugi… literally… and ran off, they were left alone in a sterile white room. At least Yugi's being quiet Haruhi thought.

"Hello, I'm Nurse Joy," a pink-haired woman stepped into the room. "I'm Gogyou High's school nurse." She blinked her big eyes. "Your Haruhi, right?" Haruhi nodded. "And I know Yugi, of course." The small boy hung his head. "Um… Yugi, you shouldn't be in here while I check up on Miss Fujioka."

Yugi gave her a confused look. "Wait, what? You're telling me that Haruhi's a girl?" Kaname-sama was right about only morons not realizing, I guess Haruhi sighed. "I-I didn't even realize… sorry."

A giggle escaped from Haruhi's lips. "It's no big deal. I don't think gender matters that much anyway. We're all people, aren't we?"

Her companion blushed. "Yeah, when you put it that way. I guess it really doesn't matter." Slowly he got up and headed out into the hallway.

As Nurse Joy checked Haruhi, Yugi stood in the hallway swaying slightly from heel to toe. All the signs were there I guess. The way she eats, she doesn't want anyone in the room when she dresses… I wonder if Sai knows. Yugi grimaced. Pervert probably does. Of course, Kaname knows. He's creepy that way. A shudder ran through his spine.

In the room Haruhi watched the nurse bandage up a few scratches. "Do you know if Yuki lives here?" Haruhi hadn't meant to ask the question, but it was out anyway. Nurse Joy stared at the brown eyed girl. "I'm sorry. It's really none of my business nor is it yours."

Nurse Joy went back to work. "Yes, her and her brother both do. Since her adoptive father works here."

She bandaged up Haruhi's sprained wrist. "Her brother?" Haruhi raked her brain trying to remember if she had mentioned a brother.

"Your done!" Joy shot her a bright smile. "Tell, Yugi he can come in now." Obviously she wasn't going to get any more information out of the bubbly nurse, so she left mumbling a thanks as she did so.

Yuki and Yugi were leaning against the wall opposite of the door waiting for her. "Haru-chan, are you okay?" Yuki glomped her. "Oh, Yugi told me he finally found out." Yugi stuck his tongue out at Yuki, who returned the favor.

Haruhi rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Uh… Yugi, she's ready to look at you now." Yugi slinked past the two girls and into the infirmary. "What's your problem, Yuuki?"

She looked at her feet for a second before looking back up and grinning. "I'm a hugger!"

Suddenly, the young girl sprung forward attempting to hug Haruhi. The other girl merely put out her arm and caught Yuki's face in the palm of her hand. "No, fair," Yuki pouted, "my arms are to short." Her tiny arms flailed in attempts to grab her friend.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a brother?" Haruhi shot her new friend a sad look. The squirming girl immediately went quiet. "Yuki?" She then took a step away from Haruhi and ran away. "Yuki!" Haruhi screamed. Great! I just lost my best friend in this crazy school.

~*(G)*~

The next day Yuki avoided the boyish girl. "What did I do?" Haruhi asked. She was lounging casually on the tattered couch in her dorm room.

Kaname stepped silently into the room. "You mean about that Yuki problem?" Haruhi nodded. "Eh, I don't get girls they're so… emotional. If you want advice I'd ask Sai. He's sort of like a girl. Plus," Kaname shot Haruhi a sly smile, "he's got nothing better to do."

"I think I'll do that!" She hopped up quickly. "Thanks, Kaname-sama!" The older boy just waved it off. "Um.. where is Sai?"

Leaning against the wall Kaname's eyes narrowed in thought. "He's in… archery? Yeah, archery." The vampire king noticed Haruhi tilting her head in a confused manner, "I'll take you there."

Kaname led Haruhi through the campus. Haruhi noticed several girls stop and giggle foolishly among themselves. "Here we are," he ushered the freshman into the room. "Good luck!"

"Luck? Why would I-?" An arrow flew past Haruhi's ear. It sunk into the wall behind her.

"That's why," she grimaced. "Damn, Kaname!"

Sai managed to swiftly come to her rescue. "What are doing here, Haru?" He glared at the frightened girl. Realization struck the dark haired boy, "Kaname brought you here, didn't he?" Haruhi managed a stiff nod. "Come on, before you get hit."

Haruhi was dragged hastily from the archery range. Once safely outside Sai turned his attention back to the frazzled teen. "Now, why are you here?"

"Yuki's mad at me. Kaname said you'd be able to help me understand why." Haruhi turned her face away from Sai's questioning look.

The onyx-eyed boy smiled. "You seem sincere enough so… I'll help." Haruhi shot Sai a goofy grin. "Just let me finish archery, okay?" Haruhi nodded. "Meet me by Lake Peid in fifteen."

~*(G)*~

Haruhi lounged under a large oak tree next to the large lake. This is the tree me and Yuki sat under the day before Haruhi thought softly. She closed her chocolate brown eyes and allowed the gentle summer-like breeze to whisk her away into a peaceful dream world.

~*(G)*~

"Haru, wake up!" The brunette's eyes popped open to see dark eyes. Sai's face was inches away from Haruhi's red one. "You're so cute when you sleep," the ninja said grinning.

She shoved Sai away and stood to her feet. "So are you going to help me with Yuki or whatever it is you have up your sleeve or not?" Haruhi dusted some dirt off of her uniform.

"I guess," Sai sighed, "but your no fun." He stood back to his feet. "In your case all you really need to do is tell her the three things that you girls love to hear the most: I am sorry."

Haruhi stared at the older boy. "Seriously? Aren't you going to tell me to explain myself to her or something?"

Shaking his dark head Sai gave her a genuine smile. "No. Yuki's more simplistic than you think. She just wants to feel safe, secure, and loved. When you asked her about her brother you chipped away some of her security blanket."

"I was just curious, though?" Haruhi blurted out. "Why can't she understand that?"

Sai grabbed Haruhi's face and stared into her eyes. "She does understand, but give her time. She'll tell you all about it when she's good and ready." He released the freshman.

"Now go and apologize. Trust me… I read it in this book." Sai pulled out a book and smiled his fake smile.

She flashed Sai an awkward grin and ran off to find Yuki.

~*(G)*~

Haruhi was searching for her new friend when she spotted Kyo napping in a tree. "Kyo-san!" she yelled.

The cat-boy rolled out of the tree and hit the ground. Haruhi flinched at the solid thud. "You better have a damn good reason to wake me up, girly."

"Have you seen, Yuki-chan?" she asked him wide-eyed and breathless. "I-I need to apologize." She bounced restlessly on the balls of her feet. "Can you help me?"

Kyo leaned against the tree trunk. "Check Ole Darkened Flame Woods out past the lake. She love to hang out there." Haruhi nodded and began to run off. "Just remember, her best friend slot has already been taken by me, girly."

Haruhi gave a salute as she ran off into the woods.

~*(G)*~

About a mile into the dark wet woods she spotted familiar brown hair… Yuki's, but she looked different. She had blood red eyes and sharp canines. "Yuki?" Haruhi asked skeptically.

She swung her head in Haruhi's direction. A dark aura seemed to be pulsating from her. "I w-want to apologize for earlier. It's none of my business, but I'll listen if you ever want to talk." Haruhi took a slow step closer.

The pulsating aura seemed to vanish all at once. "It's alright. I'm sorry, too." She leaped across the distance to talk Haruhi to the ground. "I've missed you, buddy." Haruhi attempted to squirm out of the other girl's arms, but she was far to strong. "Oh right…" Yuki jumped back, "no touching." She beamed.

"Thanks," Haruhi sighed and sat on the ground, tired. Plop! A small vampire bat landed elegantly on her lap. "Hello there," Haruhi petted it on the head. "What's your name?"

Yuki grinned. "Her name is Avalon." Yuuki ran her fingers across the bat's small wings.

"I call her Ava or Avie for short."

Haruhi petted Avalon softly on the chin. "Avalon," she said thoughtfully. "That's a beautiful name." Yuki grinned brightly.

"My brother gave her to me." Haruhi looked up at her. "Kaname's my brother."

Brown eyes went wide. "What? You mean Kaname… my roommate?"

This perked the small girl up. "Yep!" She paused. "It's hard, you know? Having a perfect older brother."

"I can't say I do," Haruhi muttered. "I'm an only child." Avalon spread her wings and flew off into the darker part of the woods. "We'd better head back. I have classes to get to."

Yuki nodded in agreement. "I've got homework to do." She sighed. "I really should stop putting that off." Her now brown eyes looked up at Haruhi. "Can I?"

Seeming to understand, Haruhi sighed. "I guess, but just this once." The other girl beamed. She wrapped her arms around Haruhi's and pulled her back in the direction of the school. "You sure are weird, aren't you?"

"That's what makes me so interesting," Yuki smiled. "Your my best girl friend, Haruhi."

This confused Haruhi slightly. "Don't you have other girl friends?" Yuki blushed. "Oh… well, that explains why you spend so much time around me." Yuki gave Haruhi her best glare, but it didn't work very well. "Sorry."

Haruhi slipped away from Yuki once they exited the woods. "I'm just glad you're not mad at me anymore, and," she whispered low, "you told me about your brother."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment