Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Forever seeping into darkness

this is a story ive been writing forever, and it has all the stories of the ancient elements and how they were all destroyed and how they have now came back to recent times to get revenge on the one who killed them.

Chapter 3 - Forever seeping into darkness

Chapter 3 - Forever seeping into darkness

"..Fear has everything to do with it. Being afraid of everything is the wrong path to choose. The one I took....
"Yet... It has some good points, doesn't it? Things don't go after you if you're unknown, or at least, that's what I thought...."

Dark clouds rolled overhead as the young pup sought to get home. She had no idea where she was. She was afraid. Not a good thing to be when you're alone. Thunder boomed throu' the air as the rain began to pour down upon the pup. No glow emitted from her fur to keep her dry. She was... Normal.

Soft brown tinged orbs peered about the tall grass as she sought out a shelter. A tiny hole in the ground loomed in the eerie darkness before her eyes. She dashed t'wards it, unknowing where it led to.

She halted a few feet away from the hole, for mud had grown around it. Thoughts loomed her mind as she wondered if she should chance it or find somewhere else. She twitched, undecided and slipped on the mud.

Swift winds begun to patronize the landscape. Wind pushed her to the hole. She toppled inwards, warmth embedding her body.

Music filled her ears as she glanced around, wide-eyed. High pitched screams scorched her mind and she blacked out, falling into darkness.

A bright light shone throu' her eyelids, cold metal chains embracing her limbs to the table. Cackling was the last thing she heard before she blacked out once more. Into the Darkness.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------


And yet.. All was a dream.. Or was it..?

------------------------------------------------------------------------


I awoke, the screams and laugher still ringing freshly within' my mind. The soft moonlight peeked out at me through the cavemouth, revealing all that was inside. I started to shiver. Not from cold, but from fear. The pup aside me twitched and rolled over. One amber orb opened slightly and peered at me. His voice loomed to my ears, by his tone I could tell he was half-asleep. "..Mm. Go back to sleep, Rihl.." Nao's eye closed and he dozed off once again.

I blinked at him and nodded, my voice lowered to a whisper. "Okay." I obediently lay down again, but didn't go back to sleep, the wretched dream etched into my mind for the rest of the night.
My gaze traveled out to the cave’s mouth. A soft breeze whispered past, beckoning me to wander outside. I shook my head, not wanting to get lost like I had before. Or did I get lost? I frowned, the moonlight making my pelt glitter slightly. I didn’t want it to glow. Not now, when all was peaceful. It reminded me of something. The something that was from the past. Or was it? My eyes closed slowly as sleep overtook my mind. I rolled into my twin for warmth, slowly falling into sleep once again. The sleep that was...Forever darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birds’ voices twittered thru’ the trees as I bounded along, Saezi’s terrain had always enthralled me, ever since me and Nao found it. I slowed to a halt, for a sudden sound had sunk to my ears. I froze, afraid that it was something out to get me. A low hum began to murmur, piking my interest. I blinked and wandered off the path, curiosity getting the best of me, once again.

A hole appeared out of nowhere and I fell. Why was I always falling? I guess that’s why I’m afraid of heights...
I hit the bottom and whimpered, the darkness of the deep hole enveloping me. I screamed out for Nao, but he didn’t seem to hear me. Where was he..? He was always there.. Laughter echoed off the walls. I froze again, afraid to move. Two large, whitish-green eyes peered at me from the darkness, the glare emitting from them enough to steal the joy out of you. A sudden coldness swept through my body, chilling and freezing my bones.

�Ah... There you are, Rihl.. I’ve been searching for you.� I blinked at the eyes, for no body seemed to hold them up. “Are you.... Razu?� A high pitched cackle bounced off the walls again. “Am I..? I think not.. Quite so, I’m close..� The voice paused for a moment, thinking. “As you mayn’t or may see, Air is light and weightless.. And yet, I’m the opposite of weightless...� The cold voice faded and the other stepped from the darkness. He was more gray than black. Yellow orbs sparked with a light I’d never seen before as they watched me. He had a handsome face, unlike any other. He smiled warmly, yet it was somehow cold.

�I am.. Thought.� His words were seemingly filled with wisdom, as if he had lived for an eternity and had been lost until now. His sleek grayish-black head moved to the side, revealing a gash-like scar upon his left eye. It was shaped like a star, with a zillion points rather than the usual five. I blinked at him, falling back to haunches. I was more surprised than scared. “How can I see you? Am I dead?� His head shook slowly, wisely. “No. You aren’t dead. You cannot die. You will always be reincarnated like the rest of us..� He stepped even more out of the darkness, having done so, it revealed the large black wings upon his back. “We can never die until She has been killed. That is the curse that was put upon us all...� His wings fluttered gently to his sides as he watched me fondly. “Wind, Air, Water, Ice, Fire, Death, Darkness, Light, Earth, Grass, Time, Dream, and all the other elements create Life, the main essence of elements.� He paused, faded green orbs gazing skywards. “Elulin. That is who I be..�

He paused again, tail twitching to and fro. “And you are Layhari, Earth of the Elements...� He paused again. “That is what the Wind was trying to tell you...� He trailed off, hollow voice echoing off the walls again. “Azurilae, Wind. Lunei, Thought. Rihl, Earth. Razutis, Air.� He paused again, having no more thought to be spoken. I watched him, awed by the fact that he was an element. I couldn't believe it.

But the fact that me. I, Rihl. Was over a thousand years old. Elulin cleared his throat and watched me again. “And yet, I, no, we. We shall see you.. Soon..� His thoughtful voice once again disappeared from my ears and he smiled, warmly. “Until then.� His large wings opened and begun to beat the nothingness of air. He began to rise, disappearing from sight, leaving me there to think about the words told to me. The ones that would make no sense to anyone else.. I am. The element.. Earth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes, soft sunlight floating upon my eyelids. The cave was gone from sight, an odd thing because I usually slept inside the cave with Nao. I twitched, thinking over the dream I had just witnessed. It was only a dream, or was it? I thought I was asleep, in the warm cave. How could I end up here.. In this... Plain. Tall grass hid me from sight as vultures soared in circles overhead. The presence of Death was near, for another shriek ranted through my ears. Another shriek? That’s odd... Nao’s voice echoed upon the wind, calling for me. I was lost, I didn’t know where I was. The sound of a cloak swished behind me and I whirled.

Soft brown orbs peered at me from behind the cloak. A snake-like voice emitted from it. “Come ‘ere.� A long talon protruded out of nowhere and beckoned me towards the cloak. I blinked, my maw curving into a frown. It was him. I shook my head, unable to speak. Nao’s shouts continued, louder and closer this time. “I don’t think you heard me, missy. I said..� The brown orbs turned a deep red. “Come here..� I stepped backwards, not wanting the thing to come any closer.

A low growl emitted from the cloaked being. It began to move swiftly towards me as I backed away even faster. “Come here likkle missy..� My eyes widened and I shook my head. His cold talons closed around my neck. "Yes. You will, for if you don't..." At that moment, everything blacked out.. my senses evaporated and I fell into darkness....... Naohiro’s shouts falling along with me, into nothingness.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I squeaked, sweat rolling down my neck. I opened my eyes, staring directly into Nao’s. He looked worried, and he was shouting at me to wake up. I shook with fear and squeaked again, unable to do anything else. Wide-eyed, he frowned at me, backing away only a little bit to give me breathing space. “What was it, Layhari?� I stared into his orbs, they were so much like mine. It was almost as if it was myself staring back at me. His eyes were filled with fear and worry. “It was him, Nao. Him...� I shivered and edged closer to him for comfort.

He watched me, speechless. I burrowed myself into his side, sunlight finally breaking the barrier of the darkness we were in. He continued to watch me, the sunlight filling the cavern and revealing the inside. He spoke, voice as calm as he could possibly get it. “At least.. At least it’s gone, Rihl. You’re okay.� He paused, thinking of a better way to make me feel better. “You woke up. He’s not real." I nodded slowly, as he got up and led me out into the sunlight. The warmth made me feel better. The warmth of the elements.......

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment