Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Shoko's Secret Mirror

This is actually a good story! please read it!

Chapter 1 - Shoko's Secret Mirror

Chapter 1 - Shoko's Secret Mirror
Every girl in the class loved him, even the shyest girl couldn''t deny it. They all viewed him as perfect. His name was Mike, and exchange student from America. He had long chocolate brown hair, which was always tied back. His eyes were an odd color of brown mixed with gray.
            It was a lie if you would say that every girl loved him, because there was one girl who absolutely hated him. Her name was Shoko. She was a beautiful girl with jet black hair, and glowing green eyes bursting with youth. Chances are she hated him because he kept asking her out on dates. It was a never ending cycle of him asking her out, and her saying no. There''s a point where a guy has just got to give up on a girl. Right?
            "So, why exactly do you hate him? Even I like him.” This sigh emitted from Shoko''s best friend, Nyoko. Nyoko was a shy girl. She had pinkish eyes, and red and white hair. It was rare for even her to admit liking a guy. She looked out at the cloudy sky, "I just don''t get you sometimes Shoko."
            Shoko swung her blue school bag back-and-forth, "He''s annoying a full of himself, I just don''t like people like that. I want a guy who cares about me instead of himself all the time."
            Nyoko rolled her eyes; she felt a drip of water on her nose. Holding out her hand with her palm up she sighed, "It''s sprinkling... We should get to my house before it starts pouring outside." Shoko gave a quick nod.
            The two girls shoved their way through all the people, in a desperate attempt to reach Nyoko''s house quickly. As they were shoving their way though, they heard people yelling at them and calling them names, for being rude. By the time they were at the apartment, they were already soaked.
            Shoko stood in the beige hallway ringing out her navy blue sailor uniform, her green eye shadow and mascara leaked down the sides of her face. Using her drenched sleeve, she wiped it off. In an attempt to ring her hair out she moaned, "Why did it have to rain today, I spent so much time trying to look good this morning."
            Nyoko looked at the puddle of water in the hallway, which had come off of their uniforms, "You look good even without makeup, that''s why Mike adores you."
            Shoko managed to laugh a little,"I doubt that."
            Nyoko creaked the door to the apartment open, she called, "Mom, I''m home." Nyoko''s mom stayed at home with her baby brother, Kyo. Kyo was three, and extremely adorable. He had dark brown hair and almost black eyes. Everybody loved him.
            "Oh hi Hun." Nyoko''s mother turned to look at her, "I see Shoko came over today, hello Shoko."
            Shoko did a quick bow, "Good day Mrs. Tachikawa, I hope everything’s well."
            "Such a polite girl, why can''t you be like that Nyoko?" She wandered over to the two, “You girls are soaked, go put on some dry clothes, and Shoko you can borrow some of mine if Nyoko won''t share."
            Shoko took off her wet leather shoes, and followed Nyoko into her room. Flinging an old green dress at her Nyoko mumbled, "Here put this on."
            "Ok." Shoko disappeared into the bathroom, to put the dress on. The dress she wore now was kelly green, her favorite color. It was loose fitting, and had puffy sleeves; she didn''t like it at all.
            "Oh you look lovely!" Smiled Nyoko''s mom.
            "Uhhh....Thanks." Shoko went back to Nyoko''s room. Nyoko just had another school uniform on.
            Nyoko tugged on a small rope on her ceiling, "Come on, lets go in the attic, we may find some interesting stuff." Shoko was confused, "But this is an apartment, how do you have an attic?"
Nyoko smiled in the way she always did, "We live on the top story, so we get extra features, to make our living life more comfortable."
            Shoko smiled and began to follow Nyoko up the small set of steps pulled out of the ceiling, which led to the attic. The steps felt like they were going to brake under their weight. She climbed quickly into the attic space, "Wow, this place is big."
            Nyoko pointed, "That''s where we keep our Christmas decorations, and Golden Week decorations. There''s the Easter, and Halloween." She sat down, "And here''s my hangout." She picked up a mirror, "Here, you don''t look bad at all." She handed Shoko an old hand mirror. She sighed, "Mom told me never to touch this mirror, and she said something weird about it. Ah well, I don''t know what she said, but I guarantee if it was weird."
            Shoko glanced at her beautiful reflection, and smiled, "I wish I had my makeup." She set the old mirror down.
            Nyoko snapped her fingers, "I remember what it was! Mom said if you look in the mirror for thirty seconds straight something weird happens, you should try it Shoko! What could possibly happen? It’s only a story."
            Shoko laughed, "Ok, I''ll do it." She picked up the old mirror, and stared at herself, "Here goes." Thirty seconds had passed; Shoko put the mirror down, "Nothing."
            Nyoko laughed, "Told you it wouldn''t work."
            Shoko shivered, "I feel funny..." She shook, and in an instant she was gone, no where to be seen.
            Nyoko screamed, "Shoko! Shoko!"
            "Where am I? What should I call this felling?" Shoko was lying on her back, eyes closed, "Is this a dream, or isn''t it?" Her glistening green eyes opened in the faint sparkle of the warm sunlight. She smiled, "This feels good..." She began to doze off, but then she realized she wasn''t at all dreaming. Realizing what had happened, she sat straight up in a cold sweat. She stood up, and wiped the dirt off from her back.
            Looking around her, she heard a faint scream. She shook her head, "This can''t be happening." Again she heard the faint scream, only this time it was closer. It sounded like a little girl, or so it sounded. She pulled down the green dress and wandered over to the screaming, she was very curious as to what was going on.
            As she pushed her way through the trees, and bushes, she saw a little girl. The girl that was screaming. It looked like she was being attacked by a wolf. Shoko yelled, "Ahhh! I help you!" She darted in front of the little girl, who had tears rolling down her cheeks. The wolf like creature''s yellow eyes glowed. It''s gray and white coat was shaggy and dull. It stood on its two legs, "You and the girl will die now."
            Shoko jumped. She said to herself, "Did that thing just speak or is it my imagination?" Whatever it was she yelled at it, "Leave this girl alone!!!" The wolf like creature jumped on her, and started to try and bite her. It tore up the sleeves and bottom of her kelly green dress... When she got home, Nyoko would be angry. She covered her face, in hopes that the wolf wouldn''t try to rip her face off.
            In the background, Shoko could hear the little girl screaming, "STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!" She could hear her sobbing, “Leave her alone!”
            Before Shoko passed out, the last thing she saw was the wolf''s yellow eyes. She mumbled, "When''ll I wake up?" She closed her eyes, "Now?" Poor Shoko, she didn''t know what had just happened.
            The young lady came to about an hour after she had fainted. She slowly opened her eyes. The girl awoke to see a little girl, and a man staring at her. She wondered who they were, and why they were staring at her.
            The little child was very pretty. She had fiery orange hair, which was braided and held together loosely in a red bow. A few freckles were scattered over her nose, and she had orangey colored eyes. The child sported a yellow puffy shirt and orange, loose fitting pants. She wore a smile, "Thank you for trying to protect me miss." She bowed, “Sorry you were injured.”
            The man was looking at her in an odd way; it was as if he knew her. He looked exactly like Mike. The only difference was his clothes. He wore extremely loose red pants, and a white t-shirt, it had a Chinese styled collar which was blue. He sighed, "So you finally came to. I thought you were dead."
            Shoko sat up annoyed, "Is that something you say to a beautiful girl, you''ve only just met?"
He snickered, "If anything you shouldn''t be complaining. You should be thanking me for saving your life. You were dead meat back there."
            The little girl interjected, "I picked these flowers for you. It''s a thank you for trying to protect me."
            In a dazed voice Shoko yawned, "Where am I? Who are you?"
            The man laughed, "You''re in Fantasy World... And to answer who I am, I am Tak."
            The little red head smiled, "I''m Kira, Goddess of the Fire..."
            Shoko sighed, "Ok, but what''s Fantasy World?"
            Kira smiled, "It''s here... Fantasy World, is a world for mythical beings, such as myself! It also has people who got sent here though portals. Were you sent here though a portal?"
            Shoko shook her head, "Yeah, but I don''t think I was sent here... It was more of an accident... How do I get home, I want to go back to Nyoko''s house, I want to do my homework, or my teacher will kill me. I''m so far behind."
            Tak crossed his arms, "Well, there is no way to get home, trust me, I''ve tried a thousand times... You just have to find your place here in Fantasy World."
            "Nyah...Ya know what Tak." She stood up and faced him, "We''re gonna find a way home, the two of us. In all of Fantasy World, there has to be a portal to get back to where we came from."
            The fire goddess tapped Tak’s shoulder. He was annoyed, “What?”
            The child mustered up her courage and began, “I’m going to come with you, as a thank you for saving me and…Um Miss what’s your name?”
            Shoko peered down at her torn up dress, “it’s Shoko… My name is Shoko.”
            Tak rolled his eyes, “I hate that name…Shoko…It sounds stupid.”
            “Well…” Shoko tucked her black hair behind her ear, “That’s ok; you can think what you wanna think…”
            Tak turned bright red, he raised his eyebrows. No girl had ever acted like that before, they always got mad. He crossed his arms, “Hmmmpff.”
            Kira took Shoko’s arm, “Hey, why don’t we start looking for your way home? We’ll find Tak’s too.”
            The two girls began to walk away into the woods. Tak mumbled curses to himself, then set off after them. Shoko turned around and smiled at Tak, “You look like a guy I know.”
            He crossed his arms, “So?”
            She walked up to him and smiled, “Do you know a girl that looks like me, back where you came from?”
            Tak rudely stepped ahead of her, “If I did that would suck, I don’t think I’ve met a girl as homely as you.”
            Shoko frowned, “Why do you talk to me like this? We’ve only just met? Give me a chance at friendship.” Kira stood by her side.
            The boy glared at her, and continued walking away. Kira drug Shoko after him. She sighed, “He was nice until you woke up… You know when a guy treats a pretty lady like you poorly, that means he likes you… Guys always pretend like they hate a girl, when they really like them.”
            Shoko wandered down the path silently, “But still…” She crossed her arms. Walking in the forest of trees seemed to take an eternity… There was nothing but silence. Silence, it made Shoko uncomfortable…
             Trying to start up a conversation she said, “So Tak, Kira, what do you guys like” She smiled sweetly, “It would be good to get to know each other.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment