Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Proluge

A poor family in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania splits apart because of a snow blizzard, read to find out more!

Chapter 1 - Proluge

Chapter 1 - Proluge
Red, White, And Black

By Nikki Pena


May 30, 1992, Pittsburgh slums, PA, PROLUGE

Not much people lived in the slums, this was because of the rancid smell of compost that was never taken care of, the homes were much too small, and disgustingly dirty, it was swarmed with rats and mice, and everyday another poor soul dies of starvation. There was a poor, but generous family with a kind hearted little boy, named Benji. Everyday the couple and the little boy would pray, the couple prayed for the best of their son, and that he would grow up healthy, the little boy would pray that he would have food on the table; someday. It was Benji’s 5th birthday, and all he wanted was for people at school to stop making fun of him just because he was feminine looking, they would throw Barbie dolls at him, all because he had long hair tied in a ponytail, he was too poor to afford a haircut, so it just kept on growing. One night, there was a huge blizzard, and the mother and Benji was hiding in the basement, cuddled up, but the father was at war, everything was blowing away, the mother went out to get to a payphone to see if the father was alright, but before she made, she passed out not even halfway there. The child was left scared, and shivering in the basement. The next morning, the boy was found lying on the basement floor crying and sobbing, two middle-aged men woke him up and told about his parents death, after that he was shipped to an orphanage in Niagara, Canada, after the incident, Benji began to lose concerns about his future, now, he’s nothing but a lifeless punk.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment