Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Surprise Everywhere

just thought id put all the short stories in one place so that i dont confuse myself when i add a new chap to a story

Chapter 2 - A Surprise Everywhere

Chapter 2 - A Surprise Everywhere
"Wake up!" said my father toda early in the morning. Atleast much early than i usually wake up on saturdays. "We will go to Bolivia today."
"Bolivia? What? Why? It's saturday!" i protested covering my head with a pillow.
"It's just three hours away, we will just visit a missionary there and come back in no time." said my father joyfully, taking my pillow away from me.


We were in the car for two hours, aparently it was a little longer than three hours away for we were just about a third of the way and we were still in Brazil. I was listening to music in my mp3 player, while my parents talked to each other in the speeding car. I liked music, and i liked my mp3 player, specially at the moment since i was away rom any other piece of technology. My father looked at me through the mirror, and by the look on his face, i knew he wanted me to take my earphones off and talk to him. But he didnt say anything, for he wanted me to have fun, and he knew i wouldnt talk even without the mp3 player. But just to make him feel better i had turned off my mp3 player, taken my earphones off and looked outside the window.
I had never really looked at the ground so attentively. Every dirt had a different color, some were brown, some were red, some were yellow and some were white, it was interesting, but it got better, for i started to see rocks scattered through them. Rocks of every size and every color, scattered through the different kinds of dirt. Then i saw Brazillian ant hills. I had seen many of them since i lived in Brazil most of my life, but they were getting my attentioon in the middle of all the different kinds of rocks, and dirt. They were impressive, how could tiny creatures like ants make such big mounds of dirt? Then suddenly everything turned green. Grass covered the land, and i could hear the winds moving the sea of grass. The grass were dancing gracefully with the wind, and every movement of the grass was a different note to me, this was music to my ears. I smiled unconciously as i looked at the grass moving like that, then the grass was replaced by flowers. Huge beds of all sorts of flowers covering the land beside the road. The colors of the flowers amazed me even more, they were just so colorful, and the countless butterflies flying around above the flower beds, butterflies of every color, shape, and size. Millions of them roaming through the rainbow colored flowers, then suddenly the whole scene was replaced by a large, mirror- like lake. So shiny and flowy, the movement of water had alwas amazed me, but what is this? The water was green. Why was it green? What was it reflecting? i looked on front of me and there were humongous mounds and hills and mountains covered by trees. Trees that were skinny, fat, short, tall, some with branches that spread like a giant umbrella. Trees of every kind of green covering big, majestic mountains. But whats this i see? The mountains were colored in dark patches, as if someone had passed by there with a leaking can of dark paint. But more impressive than that, the dark patches were moving! Why were they moving? They were shadows! Wondering to what the shadows belonged to i looked up. When i looked up i was greated by a vast pure blue sky with purer white clouds on it. The clouds were marvelous! They amazed me when i was little but i had forgotten about them until this moment! Clouds of every shape, of every size. Behind each cloud was a whiter and bigger cloud. Majestic and glorious clumps of floating water, covering the blue sky, making me want to fly and hug the huge cottom balls. And as i was looking, the clouds had moved around and made a hole in between them. One giant whole with the light of the sun coming down through it making it look like the gates of Heaven, and there was a single great eagle in the middle of that all. Coming down and up, spining around and over. Hearing it soar as it disappeared through the clouds made me smile.
I was so out of myself looking at the wonderful creations of God that i hardly noticed the car slowing down. We had stopped at a gas station. My father had turned to me with a smile.

"Are you liking the trip?" asked my father who probably had been conscious of my smile since the beggining. I turned my face from the window and looked at him. I smiled even more.
"Yeah."






"God made the earth, everything in it, and the rest of the universe in six days. He saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Genesis 1

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

jcizcraz on June 4, 2008, 1:09:45 PM

jcizcraz on
jcizcrazWouldn't it be nice if more people gave attention to things like that?? ...btw, that was a very good description of Brazil...