Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Last Memories of Breton

just thought id put all the short stories in one place so that i dont confuse myself when i add a new chap to a story

Chapter 8 - Last Memories of Breton

Chapter 8 - Last Memories of Breton
" hm... so, this is part of my story "The Memories", but i dont think i will ever finish it...and...hm... its been a long time and im guessing im losing all the nice ideas i had for it.. so... this is kinda one of the last chapters..
In this short story, Breton already became evil, took control of the Gargoyles..promised alligiance to Demons, but then at the end he has a Dream about him killing Bladin... and a old feeling of friendship sprouts again...
The demons and their hordes go to attack the good guys, and in one of the last battles Breton actually fights and beats Bladin, who is a high paladin by then..
And this is kinda after he beats Bladin... hope you enjoy...
Also, im not writing it in first person anymore... cant really show in rich perspectives like that... "
-RedClaw



The rain was pouring down on Breton's dark armor, he had done it, he had outpowered Bladin, this was the proof, he was better. Breton smiled and stepped on Bladin's arm to keep him from grabbing his sword. Breton looked at the sword on the ground, it was his old sword, the Silencer. Upon looking at the sword he remmembered when he had enlisted in the army with Bladin. The old days when they were still footmen. He also remmembered of all the things they had gone through together. But then he remmembered the Demon Lord telling him that all of his old friends were now enemies, that he had been rejected by them, that he had to take revenge on them.
He looked down to Bladin, his old friend was still smiling, he didnt want to fight, he was just defending the whole time.
"You are indeed a great warrior, Breton. Too bad the heavens didnt give us a chance to fight side by side once more like the olden days." said Bladin as he took off his helmet with his free arm.
"Why do you still show sympathy to me? Why do you smile and guard those memories we've had together?!" asked Breton.
"Because" said Bladin. "We are best friends."
"We are enemies now! You are a high Paladin! The holy knight!" growled Breton. "I am the Demon knight! We are not just enemies, we are worst enemies now! I was ordered to kill you and you to rid of me!" yelled Breton as he took his helmet off.
"You will always be my friend, no matter what. You were always there when i needed you and even when i didnt." laughed Bladin. Then with a more serious tone he said "Too bad things had to end this way. Go on, im ready." Breton stopped and looked behind him. Hordes of lesser demons, gargoyles, and orcs and humans and elves that swore alligiance to the demons were coming, destroying everything in their way. With Bladin's death and the surrender of the Fort, Breton could go back and receive praise from the Demon Lord. Everything was working out the way he had planned. His glory was so near, his reward was so near, the end was so near. But he could not have it end it that way. Bladin... ha, he was his best friend after all.
"Its not going to end this way." said Breton as he grabbed Bladin by his arm. "Go back to Creton, gather your forces there and send them to South. This place is already lost. Half of the Demon Lord's forces are here." with that said Breton took out crystal pendant out and threw it to the ground where it became a Gryphon.
"What about you?"
"I have already sold my soul to the Demon Lord. Salvation for me is lost. The one thing i can do is weaken the Demon Lord's Forces."
"But..."
"I'm going to hell either way." smiled Breton as he winked. The gryphon rised and flew toward Creton, Bladin smiled from the top of the Gryphon as he threw down the Silencer. Breton smiled as he saw the Silence. He wielded it and looked back. He positioned the Silencer by his own sword, the SoulBane. As the swords glowed purple, the blades fused and became one. It became a one bladed long sword.
"The Soul Silencer." excalimed Breton as he admired it. Right then, one of his Gargoyle chiefs came to him.
"Master, the light forces are almost done with, if we strike the center right now, we will surely achieve victory in matter of seconds."
"Why?" asked Breton still looking at his sword. "Is the center their weakest point?"
"Yes, master."
"Then we will protect it." said Breton as he looked at the Gargoyle. "Gather all of our forces and divide them in to three. Two will attack the Dark forces from the back, and the rest with me will guard the middle." The Gargoyle seemed a bit confused but then seeing the courage of his master of switching sides right at the end of the battle to do what is right, made it smile.
"Be cautious, and dont get hurt before you carry out my orders." said Breton, then, smiling he said. "Dont die, Wal'shaken. I need you."
"Yes, my liege." said the Gargoyle smiling, as he bowed. He then flew away.
"It was about time i realised where i belong." said Breton to himself. Right that moment, about two thousand Gargoyles joined him at the middle. He then smiled and charged.


Hours later, most of the light forces had retreated, for they were sure this was a defeat. Some heroic soldiers of the light stayed to help the Gargoyles to fight agaisnt the Demon Lord's forces. Only a few hundred gargoyles remained, and most of the dark horde that were in that plain were obliterated. Breton still stood his ground as he swung the SoulSilencer, to silence the lesser demons. He had fought for so long that the muscles on his hand had been stuck to the handle of the sword. He was quite tired, but he was surprised at how far he had come. The Demon Lord's forces were weakened gravely in that one plain. But he had lost most of his gargoyles.
"Keep up! We will be done soo-" before Breton could finish his encouragement, the ground shook and the winds blew. Lightning bolts struck the ground as the clouds darkened the skies. Breton stood in the same ground looking at the sky in terror. Then, smiling he yelled to his forces. "This is the end! The Demon Lord has come. We are surely dead now." the soldiers and the gargoyles looked at him as if he had gone mad, but they understood. There was no way out of this now. Since they were going to die anyway, they should give their best before they died.
The ground cracked and the Demon Lord came out.
"Breton, what has happened to my horde that i entrusted you with?" said the Demon Lord with a voice that sounded like a mixture of a thousand voices put together.
"Dont act like a fool, you know what happened."
"Hm... why would you do such a thing, breton? Ive made you, a mere human, into a high general of the demons. What more do you want?"
"I want nothing."
"Ah, i see, just "correcting your mistakes..." is that it?"
"Yes, indeed."
"Ha... HA HA HA HA HA!" laughed the demon. "Let me help you out with that." With that the demon grabbed Wal'Shaken and burst him into flames, leaving only powder behind.
"NO!" yelled Breton.
"HAHA, wasnt the first mistake, taking the gargoyles as your own men? being close to such wicked things? making your mind as dark as mine? Did you think you could bring peace to this world just by opposing me? Have you forgotten? I am the one that gave you those powers and I am the one that can take it away."
"Haha." laughed Breton.
"What are you laughing at, fool?" asked the Demon Lord angry.
"As a Demon Lord, i thought you would play atleast a bit more fair than the other demons."
"What do you mean?"
"Arent you the Demon Lord? Arent you strong enough to take me on even if our strengths equaled?" mocked Breton, buying time for his men and gargoyles to surround the rest of the dark horde.
"You really think that you can trick me? I am a demon after all, i play unjustly." said the Demon Lord as he swung his arm, shooting a ray of darkness toward the surrounding forces. Right then, a paladin threw a light crystal shard to Breton, who grabbed it and turned just to face the Demon Lord releasing another ray of darkness that wiped out the rest of the light forces and the gargoyles.
"Now is only you and me." said the Demon Lord as he faced Breton. Breton advanced toward the Demon Lord, who raised his arm and let out thousands of dark needles that cut through Breton's armor. Breton fell to the ground and thought of his times when he used to be a Captain of Creton's forces. He got up again with difficulty and raised his sword. Then, running toward the Demon Lord, he put his left hand out. The Demon Lord shot another round of needles, but this time Breton made a dark barrier that absorbed some of the needles, yet some got through and cut through him, the Demon Lord raised his other handand shot a dark falimng ball that shattered the barrier as it exploded. But within the dark explosion, Breton appeared, cracking the crystal shard on his blade. The Demon Lord made another dark flaming ball to shoot, but Breton slashed through the the dark magic, exploding the dark magic on the Demon Lord and himself.

Breton was nowhere to be found, yet the Demon Lord still stood the ground, without his left arm and a cut on his face that could not be healed due to the crystal shard.




(yeah, the ending sucked... but hey, this wasnt really the last chapter... so...yeah... whatever... im tired...)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

fipi on March 12, 2009, 12:41:01 PM

fipi on
fipiCool I liked it, but too bad there was not more of a backstory to support it. The breaking apart of Breton's and Bladin's friendship and Breton's inner conflict was the coolest/most interesting part I think.