Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - ch. 4

When 14 year old Alix Carson's life takes a total 180, she realizes something. LIFE SUCKS! Her depression takes over, and causes her to make life worse. Will someone be able to help before its too late?

Chapter 4 - ch. 4

Chapter 4 - ch. 4


“Hey girl-lie!”

Alix tilted her head back and stared into the blue speckled eyes. “You know, you're pretty much stalking me now.”

“Yeah. But this way I can keep an eye on you!” Greg said resting his head on her shoulder.

“EWWW! Don't touch me!” she said jumping up and pushing his head off of her.

He fell to the floor. He sat up rubbing his head and glaring at her. “I thought we were friends...” he mumbled.

They had been hanging out for 18 days now. Well not really `hanging out' but everywhere Alix went, Greg was right behind her. Even Goobie had gotten use to him...which wasn't normal. Anytime she saw Greg she'd wag her tail so hard she'd whack herself and then she would race over to him and lick his skin. It scared Alix how tight the bond was between those two....Goobie hardly ever took to anyone.

“We're not friends.....you're just my stalker,” she whispered as she picked up her binder. Nevertheless, Greg kept following.

Greg didn't understand her. She wouldn't tell him off, but everything he did seemed to annoy her. He'd make corny jokes and she'd stare. He'd sing softly to himself and she'd hit him. If he got within 12 inches, she'd jump and push him away. But even through all of this she never said `go away'. Maybe she liked his company? Maybe she really wanted him there? He didn't know, but he wasn't going to leave.

One afternoon, they were sitting at the park when Alix turned to him. She stroked Goobie's fur while she tried to produce the words.

“Greg? Why.....how come....why are.....why is it that you hang out with me?”

He thought about lying, telling her he found her personality refreshing, but why lie now? Wouldn't she find out the truth anyway?

“Well...” he hesitated. `Now or never!' he told himself. “I just don't wanna see you get hurt! I'm afraid that if you feel like you have no friends, you might try something......drastic” she stared at him raising her eyebrows. “I...uuhhh....heard you that night...” he muttered, blushing.

Comprehension dawned on her face. “Oooohhhh! So you were the one in the bush!” she said hitting his shoulder.

“Yeah that was me” he said, his embarrassment lifting.

“Well don't worry about me okay?”

He started to protest but she had already started to walk away. She stopped near the swings and looked back at him.

“Hey stalker! Come swing!” she sat down on the blue swing and began to slowly pump. Greg smiled and lifted himself over to the red swing, next to hers.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PirateSohma on October 19, 2005, 8:35:01 AM

PirateSohma on
PirateSohmaHeheh stalker. I like the last line "Hey stalker! Come swing!"
It's great. I love this story :D

KYOSCHIC on October 14, 2005, 6:59:06 AM

KYOSCHIC on
KYOSCHICYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!I like it!!!!!!! write more!!! i'm gonna get chappie 10 up sometime this weekend. so, be on the look out!!!!!!