Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - ch. 5 *contains mild language*

When 14 year old Alix Carson's life takes a total 180, she realizes something. LIFE SUCKS! Her depression takes over, and causes her to make life worse. Will someone be able to help before its too late?

Chapter 5 - ch. 5 *contains mild language*

Chapter 5 - ch. 5 *contains mild language*


Days, weeks, months passed; and each finding Alix and Greg together. They were becoming close friends. They spent late nights talking on the phone or instant messaging each other; hung out with each other everywhere and all the other things close friends do. Yet Alix's rules were still in tact. No corny jokes, no singing, and no touching. And she still wouldn't refer to them as `friends'.

“Alix? Allliix” Greg whispered, poking the unmoving body.

“Wah?” she said groggily, lifting her head.

“You were asleep...”

“Your point?”

“This is history class!”

“You're the reason I wanna sleep! You kept me up talking `til 3:40 in the morning!!”

“Ms. Carson!! Mr. Hanson!! Will you please be quiet?!”

Alix nodded and put her head back down on her desk. Greg kept poking her. And then the bell rang...signaling the end of the day and the start of winter break. The students clambered out of the classroom, leaving Alix sleeping on her desk.

“Come on!” Greg said pulling her up. “Time to go home!”

Alix reluctantly stood and gathered her things and stumbled out of the room, Greg at her side.

“So...there's Adam's party on the 18th, we can go to the mall and visit Santa on the 20th, and then you can come to my house for Christmas Eve. Awesome! This is going to be a great Christmas! Oh yeah, my brother has been dying to meet you...he's so cute the little butthead!”

Greg's incessant drone went on and on, while Alix zoned out and practically sleepwalked down the halls.

“and once he decided he was going to break the world record for how many quarters you can get up your nose and he told me to tape it and send it to Guinness World Records!! We had to take him to the emergency room to get the 3 he managed, out!!”

I hate Christmas! Ughhhh....it's all about presents and greedy kids and...and bad memories! I wish we could just get it over with!

“Then, another time he tried to stew his class' pet turtle and he had it sitti- hey! ALIX! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!” he yelled, stopping and standing in front of her.

“Wah? Oh....yeah.....right”

“SEE?! You're not even listening to me!!”

“I am too! Oh! Wait! I forgot something in my locker!” And she took off down the hall.

“ALIX!!! Ughhhh.....I swear that girl is missing some bolts!”



Alix searched through her locker looking for that crucial piece.

“Ahhh....here it is! Kacie would have killed me if I left this here.” She said pulling out the pink lighter.

(note:: This is not her lighter! and no she doesn't use it for drugs! It's her sisters lighter and she needed it for a class project. There is no fuel in it btw.)

She stuffed the empty lighter in her pocket and raced back to the spot where she left Greg standing. As she was about to turn the corner, Alix heard the voices of 3 guys.

“GOD! She's a freak!” a deep voice argued.

“She is not!! Do you even know her?!” Greg retaliated.

“I know she wears a bag over her body!” another voice piped.

“Ok. So just because she wears a gigantic sweatshirt, she's a freak?!”

“She never talks!”

“She's always in her own world!”

“And because of THAT she's a freak!?!”

They're talking about me aren't they? Great! Once again I'm the school freak! Her eyes began to form tears. It's not like I chose to be the way I am....it just happened! Does it really matter?!

“You can't judge a person by they way they look! If you can't accept the exterior how are you gonna accept the interior?!” Greg shouted at the boys.

“Like I really care about her “feelings”; I only need her to bang her!” There was a loud crash and a yelp.

“Never say shoot like that again!” Greg spat at the guy. “She is my best friend and will not have you talking about her like that!”

Alix looked around the corner and saw Greg holding one guy, at least a foot of the ground, up against a row of lockers. The other one was backing away.

“Now go!” Greg shouted, dropping the one. “And off the sissies scamper” he mumbled, turning around, nearly running into “Alix?”

Alix wiped the tears from her eyes and tried to smile, but failed.

“I-I-“ he didn't know what to do or what to say. So he just stood there, feeling like an idiot. Suddenly, Alix wrapped her arms around him and squeezed tight.

“Thanks” she whispered, tears still dripping from her eyes.

“No problem” he said hugging her back. For minutes they stayed in this position. Finally she let go and together they headed out of the school building.

“'Cause you're a god...only I am not...and I just thought...that you would know” Greg began to sing.

Alix turned and stared at him. He immediately stopped and made a zipping the lip motion. She just laughed and began walking again.

“I'm no god” she whispered.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KYOSCHIC on December 19, 2005, 9:33:14 AM

KYOSCHIC on
KYOSCHICI LIKE IT!! yay for best friends. rock on GREG!! beat that guy up bad!! lol

PirateSohma on December 18, 2005, 9:28:32 AM

PirateSohma on
PirateSohmaOh wow...Those guys need to...just...go away or something. -.-' Sorry...I'm tired right now...Anyways, another wonderful chapter!

redheadblusher on December 18, 2005, 6:07:24 AM

redheadblusher on
redheadblusherdoo-doodoo-doo-du!!! yup....i listened to that song cuz of kiki's spectacular drawing with the lyrics!! *if u havent seen it...go check it out!!* now i listen to it alot!!