Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter 2

a story you should read

Chapter 3 - chapter 2

Chapter 3 - chapter 2
She dressed in a slim fitting plum-colored dress given to her by her dear grandmother for her sixteenth birthday, the last one they had shared together. On her way out the door she grabbed a piece of toast and called goodbye to her godfather. She walked slowly this morning taking in the scenery around her and the families that people considered normal. The life Arden had never lived and because of it she felt as if she were missing out on some part .

She entered the front doors of Midnight Cove High School where she attended as a senior. She wasn’t well known for anything except for her art. Her beautiful sculptors and paintings were done with such feeling and passion that any passerby would stop to admire them. She had been drawing and sculpting since she was four. Her mother had been the one to encourage her .

She drifted along the halls to her first class where she sat in the back of the room near the window. Day dreaming of far away places and a fairy tales while her teacher lectured about Greek and Roman gods. This topic had once interested Arden but after weeks of discussing it had become as dull as everything else.

When school was finished she walked through the court yard and down the hill past the thick bushes that blocked her way to the hiding spot she came to visit often. Here the river ran quietly and soft, playing a melody that was as familiar to Arden as it was to breathe. The trees were thick and they covered her spot from the rest of the world so that here she could be free.

She set down her book bag and jumped from the rocks above into the river. The water felt cool and warm at the same time, which told her that in a short time it would rain harder than it had in weeks. This thrilled Arden for the small town had been hit with a dry spell the past few months and everything had gone dry except for her river. She took off her now soaking wet dress and set it on the rocks so it did not weigh her down. Standing on a rock under the waterfall she danced to the music of the water surrounding her, engulfing her. She was unaware of the strangers eyes on her from the rocks on shore.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment