Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - The Tournament

my first story! this is Naruto OC wonderland, if you have an OC tell me!

Chapter 13 - The Tournament

Chapter 13 - The Tournament
Note: I do not own Naruto.
Now the moment everyone’s been waiting for: Severe Pwnage!
Chapter 13
The Tournament

(Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day)

The genin got up the next morning, and everyone knew why Dan had given them a party. 1. He knew they would be tired and 2. He knew that they didn’t want to fight each other. Dan knew that the bonding they did last night would tear some of them apart. Naruto’s alarm went off late, and he hurried to the gym where they thought they were fighting. He arrived to everyone crowding the entrance. There was a note that said:

At precisely 9:00 the doors will open.
You will hand your weapons to Tyrone who will
deposit them in a secured facility

It was 8:58 so the Genin waited around for doing nothing for two minutes. They was too much awkward silence and no one wanted to break it. At 9:00 they heard the click of a lock opening. But not from the gym. They turned to see the doors of the tower opened. Tyrone was waiting there a solemn look on his face. As each of the ninja passed through the door they each unloaded their weapons (TenTen took a while). They all entered a huge elevator and went up to the 11th floor. There Dan was waiting for them.

No music

“Today is a day for assessment,” Dan said, “I will assess each of your skills today. This is not a win or lose tournament. Although the winners will receive a prize. When you are ready enter the pods on either side of me.” The pods that he was talking about, were shaped like spheres and when they opened it had absolutely nothing in it. The ninja got into each of them, and Dan clapped his hands. The spheres shut tight, and there was a flash of light.

Each of them opened their eyes to see that they were in Konoha. Or more specifically in the arena used for the Chunin exams. The weird thing was there was absolutely no sound, no villagers moving or birds chirping. Nothing.

Dan appeared in a flash of light, followed by Tyrone moments later. Dan said, “Now that we’re all here, it’s time to announce what just happened. Well a few yeas ago, Ty and I needed a way to be able to fight at full strength and not kill each other. So we developed this training simulator to be able to meet that goal. Now that doesn’t mean you won’t be hurt. For those who lose, or die, you will feel so sore you will hardly be able to move. Now to give you your weapons back.” They handed everyone’s weapons back, while Ino and Hinata made their way to the center of the field.

(Dance Dance, Fall Out Boy)
The other ninja left the arena quickly as Dan walked to the middle of the field. He raised his hands, as both the girls got ready to begin.

“Start!” Dan shouted, as the first battle of the tournament started.

Ino started by reaching behind her and throwing several kunai. Hinata dodged the kunai, but clumsily not like she could have. She was unable to bring herself to fight Ino. After all she was afraid she something would go wrong and she might kill Ino. Ino wasn’t holding back. She jumped and took threads out of her back pocket. Hinata got out of the way just in time as the threads covered the field.

Dan smiled. So that was her game. Ino could transfer her chakra directly into the strings She could trap Hinata even if she barely touched the threads. The Yamanaka family was famous for capture techniques. If Hinata didn’t do something soon, Ino would win this easily. Hinata had her hands full with dodging the threads and the weapons Ino was throwing at her, and had no time to attack. Naruto was watching them, with increasing anger. Why isn’t she fighting back? he thought.

“Hinata are you just gonna take that?” Naruto shouted. Hinata turned and saw that Naruto was looking like he was about to break something. Hinata’s face hardened. She had to do this not for her, but because Naruto would probably kill Ino if she hurt Hinata. Hinata activated her Byakugan. It was time to show what she could do.

Ino sensed a change in Hinata. It was about time she got serious. But Ino knew she would win. After all Hinata was still beneath her. Hinata took her jacket off, and Ino picked up the edge of the threads pouring her chakra into it. Hinata jumped and threw some shuriken at Ino, who dodged them and whipped the threads after Hinata. Hinata saw it coming and to Ino’s surprise moved dodged the threads by going through the spaces in-between them.

Hinata dove towards Ino her preparing to strike. Ino knew that if Hinata even touched her, this match would be over. Ino whipped the strings again, but at the last moment let go of them throwing Hinata’s timing off trapping her in the strings. But Hinata’s momentum kept her coming and she crashed into Ino. They were both trapped in the threads but as soon as the threads touched Ino she transferred her chakra into them trapping Hinata.

“It’s over,” Tyrone said, as he held out his hand. Apparently they were making bets.

“Not quite Ty, look,” Dan said. Tyrone looked over to see Ino having what looked like a seizure. Even if Hinata could not move she could still feed her chakra into the strings, and since Ino was tangled in the threads everywhere the threads touched was like getting hit, with the Gentle Fist. Ino collapsed as Hinata got up.

“Told ya,” Dan said, holding out his hand.

“Yay, go Hinata!” Naruto yelled. Dan clapped his hands and the field cleaned itself up. The threads were gone along with the carnage.

“Next match,” Dan said as Tyrone paid him his money.

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

(Move Along, The All American Rejects)

Shikamaru and Nova were on the field, which was now a forest. Well, at least there are shadows, Shikamaru thought.

“Begin!” Dan shouted.

“Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Nova yelled. The clones split up in the woods so that Shikamaru wouldn’t know which one was the real one.

Shikamaru sighed. “Such a drag,” he said, and began thinking of what he would have done in her situation.

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

The actual Nova was following Shikamaru as quietly as possible. Shikamaru was actually walking through he woods. This is gonna be easy, Nova thought. She sent a shadow clone after him, who punched him from behind. Shikamaru went tumbling. He landed upside down with his back against the tree. He reached into his pocket and threw a shuriken at the clone. He could tell it wasn’t the real one. The real one wouldn’t attack directly, Naruto might try that but this girl was smarter than Naruto. He leaned forward so that his back was to the shadow clone and his front to the tree.

Nova smirked. This guy couldn’t actually be a ninja, he left himself to open. She made some hand signs, and said, “CHIDOR-“. She couldn’t move. She was amazed, and confused. How did he do that? She thought.

“The forest casts plenty of shadows,” Shikamaru said, not even turning around, “The shadows extend my reach so it wasn’t that hard to trap you.”

“Darn it!” Tyrone said, handing Dan some more money.

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

(Thank you ShariganKakashi for this story idea. Everyone thank this genius he is awesome)

(Helena, My Chemical Romance)

As Neji and Shino were walking towards the center of the arena Shino smirked.

“What are you so happy about?” Neji asked, already activating his Byakugan.

“Oh, you’ll see,” Shino replied.

“Begin!” Dan shouted.

Neji began attacking Shino before he could do anything. Shino simply dodged, and dodged… and dodged. Dan could tell something was up. Shino hadn’t even let his bugs out yet. Shino kept dodging, until finally Neji backed off. Neji’s eyes told him that the bugs inside Shino’s body were still. Too still. It was like… oh no! Neji thought. It appeared like Shino’s body looked like a burning building from all the Shadow clone bugs becoming only smoke. Neji saw they were behind him getting ready to swarm him as they came he used his rotation to block the bugs, but could not hold it for all the bugs.

The bugs swarmed his arm; Neji immediately felt the strength leave his body. He used his natural ability to force some of his remaining chakra to force the bugs off his arm. He tried to get some space between the two of them. But for some reason Neji found that he was still losing chakra. Neji collapsed his image fading (remember their in the training simulator).

Dan was shocked. He had installed that feature to tell him that something was happening to the body from the outside. But that was impossible…unless. Dan shut down his personal pod, and rushed out. He ran to Neji’s pod to find it slightly open. He used just brute strength to open it fully and saw Neji completely covered in bugs.

When the bugs saw that Dan was there they scattered going back to their master who was directly across from Neji. Dan raced across and tore the pod doors off.

“Do you realize what you’ve done?” Dan shouted, while Shino was still adjusting to the light.

“Yes, I believe I won,” Shino said, looking at the Neji’s limp body.

“Oh you won alright,” Dan said, his eyes slowly changing to blue. As Shino watched his eyes, he found that soulless black eyes that Tyrone had compared nothing to this. These ice-blue eyes were so deep and cold Shino thought that he would rather kill himself than live with the fact that someone with these cold eyes was in the world. Luckily for Shino, Tyrone came out of his pod.

“Dan stop it, he doesn’t deserve it,” Tyrone said, trying to calm him down. Dan’s eyes changed back to normal, and dropped Shino to the ground

“Fine,” Dan said, still furious, “But he doesn’t get off without punishment.” Dan then reached behind Shino’s head and took his head band.
“As of now you do not walk among your comrades as equals. You are now the lowest of the low and will stay that way until I see you fit to be a ninja again. Do you realize with no chakra, Neji could die?!” Dan said. Shino didn’t answer, he couldn’t because he had a feeling anything he said would be used against him. He just hung his head.

“Tyrone go get Sakura and Celine,” Dan said. Moments later they were back.

“What do you need Dan?” Celine asked.

“Yeah, everyone is really worried in there,” Sakura said in agreement.

“I need both of you to take care of Neji for me,” Dan said, his voice now under control, “Make sure you both do an equal amount of healing, so that you have the even chakra. You are both still fighting today. Oh, and will you please escort this scum back to his room. I don’t trust him to do it by himself.”

Sakura and Celine were both shocked that Dan would say something so mean, but didn’t question it. Celine picked up Neji and Sakura helped Shino to his feet. Just as they left TenTen cam out of her pod.

“What’s going on, is Neji alright?” she asked.

“He’ll be fine, but if you want to go see him follow Sakura and Celine,” Tyrone said, pointing out the doorway. TenTen hurried after them, as Tyrone turned to Dan.

“Remind you of anyone?” he asked.

Dan’s eyes flashed blue again as he answered Tyrone, “That will never be funny, don’t you dare mention it again.” Tyrone realized that Dan still hadn’t gotten over that betrayal just yet.

“I’m sorry,” Tyrone answered, no sarcasm, just sincere regret.

“Lets just get on with the tournament,” Dan said, and with that they got into their pods. I shouldn’t have tested him, Tyrone thought, After all, I have never seen anyone go through more heartbreak than Dan.

Comments

Comments (13)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

winxgirl21 on September 2, 2007, 10:56:26 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21He could have killed Neji! *gasp* I can't believe Shino did that...Awesome chapter!!

moog1895 on September 2, 2007, 9:34:35 AM

moog1895 on
moog1895Damn.........*slaps Skika*

SharinganKakashi on September 2, 2007, 7:47:34 AM

SharinganKakashi on
SharinganKakashisweet thats cool glad i could help but its noy completely over with yet ~_^

sasukeXsakuraforever on September 1, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforever*gasp* I never knew Shino was so mean! *slaps Shino in the back of the head* Geez!

Awesome chapter though, I really like fighting scenes! ^_~ Ten thumbs up!

sasukeXsakuraforever on September 1, 2007, 12:09:14 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverOh and tell SharinganKakashi I said thank you for the ideas too! ^_~

pizza24 on September 1, 2007, 11:01:49 AM

pizza24 on
pizza24........*shivers*that was scary*eats chapter* i like it!

rffraff05 on September 1, 2007, 11:51:27 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05is it yummy?

pizza24 on September 2, 2007, 12:18:06 PM

pizza24 on
pizza24yes yes it is^^

FluffysPrincess2968 on September 1, 2007, 9:47:16 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968woooaaaaaahhhhh.... O_o Shino was harsh.... NUUUU!!!!!! NEJI!!!!!! PLZ BE ALRIGHT!!!!! I WUVS UUU!!!!!!! sorry it took me so long to comment... my friend kept begging me to get onto youtube...

FluffysPrincess2968 on September 1, 2007, 9:48:10 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD *20 minutes later (with whip and beating the crap out of shino)* BAD SHINOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Symphoniaprincess101 on September 1, 2007, 7:15:21 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101whoa that was scarie O.O Awsome Chapter^^

RockLeeLuver on September 1, 2007, 6:58:57 AM

RockLeeLuver on
RockLeeLuverthat is a really ausome story ^^ can't wait for next chapter XD

angelfox on September 1, 2007, 6:55:08 AM

angelfox on
angelfoxCool, I like this one :I

Nekogal411 on September 1, 2007, 6:03:04 AM

Nekogal411 on
Nekogal411^^ Awesome new chapter! It really kicks butt! good job!!