Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - New Techniques

my first story! this is Naruto OC wonderland, if you have an OC tell me!

Chapter 21 - New Techniques

Chapter 21 - New Techniques
Hey everyone! I took a road trip this weekend and got a ton of writing done!
Note: I do not own Naruto
Chapter 20
New Techniques

The next morning, Dan had thought earnestly through the night about how he would teach each of his new students the new abilities, based on their strength, endurance, and personality. He had analyzed how hard and how long he would train everyone. And the his first four students on the agenda: Rock Lee, Naruto, Jamal, and Sasuke. He knew by their reputation that they had they would be able to be pushed the farthest.

(Another new writing technique, like what I did with the dreams, I am going through each individual ninja’s training.)

Rock Lee

Rock Lee was sleeping soundly, when his body heard the sound of kunai headed at him. Still asleep, he dodged them easily. He woke up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, as he looked for whomever threw the kunai at him. He ran out of his room into the village, and realized it was still dark out. In the light of the moon he saw a lone figure: Neji.

“Neji-san did you see a man run out of here?” Rock Lee asked. Neji didn’t answer but instead ran towards Lee at full speed. Lee looked behind him to see if the attacker was behind him when he was hit full on from behind. Lee was knocked on the ground, his insides feeling like they were on fire.

“Neji-san you should really watch where you are running,” Lee said. But Neji wasn’t listening. Instead he charged Lee again palm opened. Lee dodged his attack clumsily, and backed off a distance.

“Why are you attacking me?” Lee asked, his normally joyous personality replaced by one of sorrow.

“I felt like proving I was better than you again,” Neji replied. Lee’s eyes opened with surprise, and then turned to eyes of anger.

“Then I will prove you wrong!” Lee shouted. He jumped up quickly and the two ran at each other. Rock Lee was dodged Neji’s attacks and spun himself to Neji’s back. Rock Lee threw a punch, but Neji arched his back out of the range of Lee’s arm. Neji started his rotation, and blasted Lee away. Lee kept his momentum going and flipped backwards while loosening his weights. When he touched the ground, his weights fell, and he shot forward like an arrow. Rock Lee knew that there was only one way to beat Neji: speed. Even Neji couldn’t block his attacks if he could get around his guard.

Neji was focusing on blocking Lee’s attacks, and Lee focusing on catching Neji off guard. Lee’s endurance cancelled out Neji’s 360 degree vision, so the battle continued for a long while. Rock Lee was slowly losing his strength, and Neji was running out of chakra. The two boys battled until both simultaneously collapsed. Rock Lee lifted his head up just enough to see Neji disappear in a cloud of smoke.

How on earth did Neji fight that strongly, yet he was still a shadow clone? Lee thought, Well if he can become that strong I must become even stronger. Lee immediately hauled himself off the ground and started doing push-ups.

“If I cannot reach 1,000 push-ups then it is 500 laps around the village!”

Dan was sitting on a nearby branch, watching his student work himself to the bone. His Shadow Clone Neji had given Lee the motivation he needed to become stronger. He just needs a little more strength, Dan thought, And then he can wield this. Dan looked at the weapon in his hands that he had specifically made for Lee. With this in his hands, Dan thought, Lee will become a perilous foe.

………………………………............................................................................................................................

Jamal

Jamal didn’t get the full amount of sleep either. Dan didn’t throw kunai like he had with Lee, but he did something even harsher: He took out his guitar. He used his chakra to enhance the sound of the guitar, but also used it to keep the sound inside the room. He started improvising with a Harmonic Minor scale(for those who didn‘t understand that last part, it‘s a scale that is the base for Egyptian music. It sounds awesome), and soon Jamal was out of bed covering his ears.

The music suddenly stopped and Dan said, “Oh, your up. Well in that case lets begin.” Jamal followed Dan out onto the training field where several rocks were set up.

“Your new technique,” Dan said, “Will be a variation of the Rasengan. The Rasengan can only be used at close range. What I am going to teach you is how to change the shape of it so that you can use it to attack mid-range and close range. But first you have to learn to use it without a shadow clone.”

So Jamal practiced using combining the maximum rotation and the maximum strength required for the Rasengan. Dan left him to his business, practicing his guitar scales (believe it or not, it actually helps you), until Jamal fell on the ground with exhaustion.

“That’s all you can manage?” Dan asked, “I expected more of you. Well maybe I can teach it to Nova instead. She was my second choice for this technique you know. So you can just…” Jamal was on his feet, building up more chakra than he ever had. He took the Rasengan in his hand and slammed it into the rock next to him. The rock took the blow of the attack, and as Jamal pushed it harder, the circle in the rock eroded. When he broke through on the other side, there was a perfect circle going right through the rock.

“Congratulations,” Dan said, “Now I’ll show you the technique first and then you try to follow it.” Dan opened up his hand and a Rasengan was forming in it. Once it was at full power, bits of the Rasengan faded away until it looked like a spherical cork screw. Jamal took a closer look and he noticed that the rotation was still going on in the slim line of the cork screw.

“Now watch,” Dan said. He jumped in the air and the cork screw extended until he could grab the end of it. He kept it rigid, and started attacking a rock on the below him. Every time the tip struck, a small explosion would well, explode. Jamal watched in amazement as Dan extended his cork screw sword even farther, reaching a rock 50 feet away. When he was done, Dan walked up to Jamal to explain what he had done.

“You see,” Dan said, “Your first challenge is to make the Rasengan in the corkscrew form. You don’t have to worry about the rotation inside it, it comes easy. The second part, where you extend the length of your weapon. It’s harder than it looks, but it’s worth the effort.” Dan left Jamal to work on this his new technique and went to wake up his next student.

………………………………............................................................................................................................

Sasuke

Sasuke was even more tired than Rock Lee or Jamal because of his late night meeting. Dan just simply kicked him out of bed, though Sasuke didn’t complain. He wanted to see just exactly how strong this guy was.

Dan led Sasuke towards the mountain area of the training zone, and a short climb later, they were on a plateau of some sort.

“Now I hear you can use the Chidori,” Dan said, “That’s pretty impressive, considering you’re still a genin.” Sasuke didn’t say anything, but just stared at Dan as if sizing him up.

“Kakashi must have taught you the technique,” Dan continued, “And he probably told you how he sliced a lightning bolt in half with it. Well, I am a fan of dual meaning, so I’m going to teach you what the real Lightning Blade is.” Dan made the hand signs for Chidori, and sure enough the uncontrolled sparks of electricity were visible. But then something strange happened. The sparks seemed to be gathering together, until finally there was just one big bolt in covering Dan’s hand. And it looked fully like a lightning bolt, with the jagged edges, and an electric current you could sense.

“Now you try,” Dan said. Sasuke formed his Chidori, and on the first try succeeded in forming the bolt. It wasn’t as refined as Dan’s was, but it still suprised Dan.

“Well, you really are as good as they say,” Dan said, “Now we take it to the next level.” Dan started feeding his chakra into the bolt, making it grow and grow, until it was about 10 feet long. Sasuke repeated this action easily, but wasn’t expecting what Dan said next.

“And now we fight,” Dan shouted, and charged Sasuke with his Lighting Blade. Sasuke, even as fast as he was, couldn’t keep up with Dan’s rapid attacks. It took all his strength and skill to stop Dan from slicing him in half with his blade. At the very moment Sasuke’s arms gave out, Dan’s lighting disintegrated.

“Good job,” Dan stated, “We won’t deal with Lightning Blades again until you learn more of swordsmanship.” Dan started walking away, and then as if remembering something, turned around.

“You have much more potential than Itachi ever had,” Dan said quietly, “It all depends on what you do with it.” With that said, he left.

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeAngel87 on October 26, 2007, 10:22:56 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87K-K-K-K-K-KEWLL CHAPP!

moog1895 on October 21, 2007, 11:23:35 AM

moog1895 on
moog1895Jamster...oi

sasukeXsakuraforever on October 21, 2007, 3:48:30 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverWoah, I wonder if they would consider putting Sasuke's new weapon in the manga! That would be awesome, I wonder if they ever thought about it before? << hehe, nice fighting chapter, it was quite enjoyable^^

Kouni46892742 on October 20, 2007, 9:06:37 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742This chappie was AWESOME!!!!!
 
(Um...could you please involve Nara a bit more? In each chappie, she's only had like one or two lines at the most.)

Symphoniaprincess101 on October 20, 2007, 6:48:48 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101whoa wicked^^

winxgirl21 on October 19, 2007, 12:10:38 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Awesome chapter! Very awesome, indeed! I can't wait for the next one! ^-^

FluffysPrincess2968 on October 19, 2007, 7:14:26 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968SWEETNESSS!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! lol to Konohasdarkshadow's comment.

Ishi-chan: I SHALL USE TEH FLAMING BLADES TO POKE OUT MICHEAL JACKSONS BRAINZEZ!!!!

Me: STOP WITH THE FREAKING MOUNTAIN DUE!!!!

LOL, she's not really like that though. XP

Nekogal411 on October 19, 2007, 2:46:05 AM

Nekogal411 on
Nekogal411^^ Sweet!

Konohasdarkshadow on October 18, 2007, 1:40:14 PM

Konohasdarkshadow on
KonohasdarkshadowWOOOH!!!...beware evil villians (micheal jacks-...i mean orochimaru) for i will use a cork screw sword to stab your brains out!...nice chap!^^