Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Introduction

The epic story of Hero and his quest to define true power.

Chapter 1 - Introduction

Chapter 1 - Introduction
Introduction
--------------------
The dynamics of the world
--------------------

All matter is manipulated through the use of the ether, a sub matter which exists inside of the voids between matter particles. By regulating the flow of this ether, one can thus tame matter itself. If one can effectively use this substance, one will be able to use a form of power known to the masses as magic. Magic is a mixture of ether and ki (spiritual energy). Therefore, ether cannot be manipulated without ki. The sub forms of magic can be defined into 3 sub categories: anima, dark, and holy. The properties of these forms can be found in greater details below:

Anima: By altering the flow of ether in the air, one can control the common elements. The common element are fire, water, wind, and earth as well as their sub forms such as lighting and ice. These "common elements" help maintain the balance and harmony between creatures in the world. In addition, it is the most widely known magic form around, perhaps because the cocepts used in channeling anima magic are tangeble and user friendly. Without this form of magic none of the life forms in this world could survivie. This is why this category of magic is known as anima, or the animated magic.

Dark: Before I explain the dark arts to you, please understand the name for this form of magic originates not in its nature, but in its complextion. This magic is very dark. Sunlight does not escape the surface of it once the rays come into contact with its dark film. The world uses this dark energy to control the position of the various objects in the universe, such as planets and stars. It is by no means "evil". However, superstitions amoungst nobility degraded the purity of its stature, in turn making the people at the time believe that whomever studied the art was a heretic. Even today it is seen as an unholy art. Dark magic can be created by compressing the ether particles in the air and maintaining this compression over a period of time, therefore it is by no means created through use of demonic power.

Holy: A mysterious art that seems to have no fuction in the universe as a whole. To explain its purpose is beyond even the most devoted of scholars. However, we do know how it is created and some of its core functions. Holy magic can be created by splicing ether particles. In order for one to splice ether particles, one must use another ether particle to create a sort of friction between the two particles. The energy released from the two particles creates a billiant burst of light that can negate matter. Why the universe would need such a control mechcanism is unconceivable. In nature, holy magic does not even exist. No one in history has ever seen holy magic created without someone channeling a spell. Therefore, it is easy for one to believe that it can only be fabricated by man. In addition, if one simply causes mild friction between the particles so that the particles do not splice, it actually stimulates molecules in the area. While the molecules are stimulated, natural healing in organisms is accelerated violently. This allows one to heal any wounded person rapidly. Be advised though if the creature is dead and has its molecules stimulated, it will cause the creature to rot faster.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Honjetan on September 28, 2005, 1:01:05 PM

Honjetan on
HonjetanHey, thats neat. Is this becoming a story by any chance?