Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter Four

The epic story of Hero and his quest to define true power.

Chapter 5 - Chapter Four

Chapter 5 - Chapter Four
Chapter Four
--------------------
Remembering a Prodigy
--------------------

(Ross, Erik, and Amelia are walking down Crawler Valley. It is early in the morning, and the sun is barely visible over the horizon. Ross picks up a sharp, sliver rock off the ground.)

Erik:
Where's Ace? I thought you two were inseparable.

Amelia:
Ace?

Ross:
Well, he's dead.

Erik:
I don't believe you.

Ross:
...

Amelia:
Was he your best friend or something?

Ross:
Yeah, we were always hanging out together in the academy. My dad was never home, so I didn't have any money to get food. Ace always looked out for me.

Erik:
They were constantly sparing too. Ross never won, though. That kid was a prodigy. There was not one combat style taught at the academy that Ace didn't know. He was also highly skilled in the arcane arts. That kid could make meteors fall from the sky if he was mad enough.

Ross:
Ace and I are the same.

Erik:
In what ways?

Ross:
I don't want to talk about it.

Erik:
I see.

(There is total silence for a few seconds.)

Ross:
This rock reminds me of Ace's lance. He never left his home without his lance.

Erik:
Do you think he already joined the military?

Ross:
He hates the military. He ran off and became a mercenary.

Erik:
I bet you want to do the same thing.

Ross:
Sort of.

Erik:
...

(There is a brief pause)

Amelia:
What does he look like?

Ross:
He liked black. He used to dress in dark robes and wore a bamboo trunk on his back, which held his lance. He had dark hair and pale skin. Most of the kids in the academy never understood him. They always assumed he was a witch doctor or something. We used to always hang out together. We would eat, then spar, and afterwards talk about things. He is the kind of person that you can't figure out just by looking at him.

Amelia:
So why did he become a mercenary?

Ross:
He hated his dad. He always pushed Ace too much. His dad, like mine, is a vassal to the king. However, his dad was a lesser vassal so he wasn't always in the battlefield like my dad.

Erik:
I bet you feel the same way, don't you Ross?

Ross:
A little.

Amelia:
Hey, look! It's the end of the valley!

Erik:
We can talk about this later.

Ross:
...

(Ross stares at the rock he found on the ground, and then pockets it. Amelia and Erik sprint towards the end of the valley.)

Ross:
HEY! Wait for me!

(Ross sprints after them.)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment