Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Judgment

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 1 - Judgment

Chapter 1 - Judgment
It was a cool and uneasy night above the white clouds. The streets of the glorious Kingdom of Iados were silent. The only proof of life was a luminous light as bright as the full moon burning upon the candle of a large ship, the size of a small island. It swayed upon the fluffy clouds in a lullaby motion. How can it float on clouds or be as large as an island? The answer is simple. This is no ordinary ship. In fact, it is the mighty sun god Ra’s ship, where a fateful trial has brought the attention of every fantasy creature of the City of the Gods.
“Let the trial begin” echoed the deep voice of Ra, as he banged his golden gavel onto the table.
He was in a large courtroom along with thousands of other supernatural creatures. In front of Ra there were twenty eight golden thrones all in a row, each possessing its own small table. Upon these thrones were the twenty eight most important gods and goddesses of Egypt. Some of these were Ammut, the devourer of souls, Anubis, the God of death and Seth, the God of chaos. To the left of Ra sat the accused. She had light bronze skin and long black shining hair that flowed around her feminine body; it was twisted and untamed, representing her actions and personality. Her aqua eyes glistened with confidence yet held a glint of hate. She sat with poise and majesty as if nothing was wrong. Unbeknownst to her, was that nothing could go more wrong in her books, after this trial was done.
“Tonight, we shall resolve the fate of Sêshafi, the daughter of Ra, Goddess of Goddesses, and the eighth key” read the speaker for the trial. “Firstly, answer these questions with your hand against your heart” he spoke. “Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”
“I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth” she repeated emotionlessly.
He went through the book having Sêshafi swear to every question given. It was now time for questions and answers.
“Sêshafi, answer this question. Did you or did you not freely and willingly aid Bakura in summoning the darkness of the Shadow Realm, by collecting three millennium items out of the seven, causing many innocent lives to be lost?” questioned Ra.
He didn’t seem at all fazed by the fact that his daughter was sitting next to him in the accuser’s chair, although he couldn’t be more upset by his daughter’s actions. He had had millions of years to master the control of human emotions and expressions, so it was no surprise that he seemed unfazed by the issue he was facing at this very moment.
“I did” she answered truthfully.
“And is it true that you attempted to hide this information from anyone, and succeeded in doing so for nearly five thousand years?”
“Yes, it is”
“Well what do you have to say for yourself?” he questioned rather irritated.
“I shouldn’t have done it” she replied.
“Why is that?” Ra’s eyes held a hint of hope that his daughter understood of the wrongs she committed. These were soon diminished.
“Because I did, I have to listen to a load of shoot spoken by weak, contemptible excuses for supernatural beings, discuss the wrongs I never regretted, or never shall regret” her voice rose from its surprisingly innocent tone, to an irritated whine.
Gasps were heard from the crowd of viewers at her statement.
Various arguments had now begun between the Gods and Goddesses of Egypt. After a couple of minutes Ra had had enough.
“SILENCE!” he shouted as loud as his voice would allow, as anger and frustration bubbled up inside him. Immediately, the courtroom was consumed in silence. It was enough that his daughter was the accused, let alone having to put up with full grown humans, no, Gods and Goddesses, who are as close to perfection as one can possibly get, acting like a bunch of bratty three year olds. “Now, would you each share your opinions in an orderly fashion” Ra emphasised the word ‘orderly’ as he rubbed his forehead in frustration.
“Very well” they responded simultaneously.
Anubis stood from his golden chair as he spoke “it is obvious Sêshafi has no guilt, nor compassion for what she has committed.” Several nods were made in the crowds of creatures. “I propose we kill her and be done with it, as if nothing ever happened” he ended with satisfaction.
“Why can’t I just swallow her soul?” Ammut questioned as her lips twisted into a cunning grin.
“No. Banish her to the shadows to suffer for eternity” Seth protested.
“She’ll like the darkness. She is dark!” retorted Isis.
Many other opinions were given such as suffering eternal curses and losing her powers and during the suggestions the biggest action committed by Sêshafi was a scoff and eye roll.
“No. My idea is this. We wipe out her memories, de-age her to an infant and leave her with an Egyptian family to live a normal life. Should she make up for what she has done she shall become a Goddess again.” As Ra explained his plan everyone began to nod in agreement.
At this Sêshafi became noticeably unsettled for the first time that night, as her eyes widened and she began to fidget in her seat.
“Yes. All in favour of Ra’s plan raise your hand.”
At these words nearly every creatures hand rose.
“Then it is decided.”
---
It was now morning. Nut had been consumed by the re-birth of the sun (also called Ra or Re in Egypt) as the Gods were about to cast magical spells upon their victim, who had many victims herself. Sêshafi was being dragged from her cell.
“Get your hands off me you filthy vermin. I demand you release me, for you shall pay dearly if you don’t. There are things far worse than death you ignorant idiots! Things I can bring to reality” she screamed several threats and insults as they dragged her towards a large room, designed for criminals to be disposed of or dealt to.
The five guards that had her chained threw her into the room before quickly running back out. They didn’t want to be with her for another second. She laughed insanely at their cowardliness.
“What wimps. Father, next times get some slaves that at the least, possess the foolishness to stand up to me” she smirked insanely.
“How is it I raised you, just as I did your siblings, yet you are led by the path of hatred? At least answer that before you are punished.” Ra questioned slightly sympathetically.
“I’m not a fool. I don’t need love, compassion or any emotion such as that. I killed all those idiots without those meaningless traits. I did what I love. Killed. Brought chaos. Destruction. Terror. Misery. Mmm...” she licked her lips smugly.
“And yet, here you are now” he sighed. “I’m not sorry for this Sêshafi. I’d rather you were dead than any of those innocent lives” he stated truthfully. “Goodbye” he finished emotionlessly as he left the room, leaving Sêshafi at the mercy of the Gods and Goddesses of Egypt.
“Well now Sêshafi. How does it feel to be unloved?” Seth questioned stirringly.
“It feels great. Now can we please hurry up? I’m sick of looking at you all” she swiftly stirred back irritably.
“As you wish”
He and many other Gods and Goddesses chanted several spells. Sêshafi just sat there with a blank expression on her face. ‘Those fools think they can just erase my memory. They underestimate my-’ her thought was cut short as her mind went blank. Sêshafi was as clueless as a baby, which is what she was about to be altered into. After a few more moments of chanting Sêshafi’s limbs became tight, her world began to spin, as her body was shrunk and her mind was engulfed by a sea of darkness.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

katieXatem on January 7, 2009, 5:00:33 PM

katieXatem on
katieXatemcool chapter!!!

rugrat247 on January 8, 2009, 8:06:07 AM

rugrat247 on
rugrat247Thanks ^^