Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Not one, but two

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 2 - Not one, but two

Chapter 2 - Not one, but two
“Quick Isis. We don’t want her to awaken before we get there” Anubis whispered slightly panicked as they made their way through the chilly Egyptian desert.
“We’re close Anubis. Don’t worry yourself. What can she do to you as a baby?”
“I still disagree with the court. I would’ve taken her powers away, but no. If you ask me, Ra went soft on her. Daddy’s little daughter. Daddy’s evil, little, blood sucking, pain loving monster of a-”
“Will you be quiet. You speak of waking the baby. Look at yourself!” Isis scolded at a tone a little louder than a whisper. Anubis sighed and apologized for his unnecessary ranting.

Isis placed the peacefully resting baby near a wooden trap door. The baby, you know as Sêshafi, was lying in a beautifully carved wooden cradle, the size of a small basket. She was enclosed by many blue silk cushions and had a single white blanket hugging her tiny body. She, herself, wore a crème coloured Egyptian dress. It was long sleeved and also covered her feet. Around her neck, was a necklace with six pure white pearls. These were no ordinary pearls. Every time one pearl changes from white to pitch black, it indicates Sêshafi has committed an evil act. If it changes colour from white to somewhere in between the white and black (grey-ish), it indicates she has been simply unkind, yet not overwhelmingly, that, or she has gained an experience that could lead her down the path of darkness. Each time she is unkind or gains an influencing experience the pearl that has begun its course from white to grey, turns greyer, until it eventually becomes black. If all the pearls turn black then Sêshafi loses her distinctive powers.

“Why did Ra let Sêshafi have her powers anyway?” Anubis asked in curiosity as he gazed over the sleeping infant.
“Well, perhaps he wants to see how she re-acts to them or something along the lines of that. Ra knows what Ra does. Leave it at that” she sighed
He nodded before saying, “The note. Sêshafi will need this. It took me ages to write a note that didn’t give away who she was” Anubis grumbled at a whisper placing the small papyrus next to the blanketed Goddess. “May fate be with you, Sêshafi” he spoke truthfully.
“And may you choose the path of righteousness” Isis finished in her soothing tone as she smiled lightly at the serene baby. They silently watched Sêshafi, wondering how such a peaceful thing once caused the death of millions. After a few moments Anubis broke the silence.
“Now, shall I?”
“Yes. It is time we left” Isis replied gently as she turned towards Anubis.
He banged on the wooden trap door several times resulting in a noisy wave of echoing knocks, flowing through the cold corridors of an underground tomb. ‘BOOM BOOM BOOM!’ Far off conversation was heard and as seconds passed the speech became louder and louder. At this time Sêshafi was anything but serene and peaceful. She was very much awake. She wailed as much as a teenager, after being awoken by a preventable noise, after a late night, when you’d planned to sleep in. ( It’s happened to me a lot lately -_- so I just had to say it xD )
“Quick! We must go” Isis whispered as they disappeared from the Ishtar clan’s vicinity, and back to the city of the Gods.

As swift as the supernatural’s disappeared, the humans slammed open the trap door. A bearded grey haired man left the tomb that was dimly lit by a candle held by a young boy with a single pony tail of long black hair, every other inch of his head was neatly shaved. While the boy remained at the entrance to the tomb, the rather old looking man journeyed out into the ruins. Following the cries of a baby, his angry violet eyes met Sêshafi’s bed in a matter of seconds.
“What’s this?” he mumbled more to himself as he crouched down to get a better look. As he lifted the blanket his eyes widened. ‘Not another baby. I can’t make the same mistake with this one’ he thought cruelly.
“Master Ishtar. Is that a baby?” the boy questioned quietly, as he wasn’t sure whether his Master was in an alright mood to be questioned. He was already certain it was, but he was still rather curious.
“Odion. What you see must never leave your mouth” Master Ishtar commanded as his piercing gaze met Odion’s puzzled one. What did Master Ishtar mean?
“What do you mea-” his question was cut short as he watched his adoptive father withdraw a thin whip from his cloak, and began to raise it, ready to strike the weeping infant. Odion’s eyes widened. “NO! Please d-” his plead was overlapped. Except instead of shock like the previous time, it was by a woman’s ear-piercing scream. Lucky for Sêshafi , Master Ishtar quickly placed the whip in its rightful place and swiftly disappeared by means of the trap door. A relieved Odion swiftly grabbed Sêshafi’s basket and followed his Master, after closing the trap door.

Half an hour later found Master Ishtar and Odion in the birthing room, after Mrs Ishtar had given birth. A girl, with long black flowing hair and beautiful dark blue eyes had also been at the distressing scene. The scene was not only distressing because of the woman’s blaring screams at the pain of giving birth, but also because of the loss of blood she had received from the agonising birth. She would be dead in a matter of minutes. There was nothing they could do. What options did they have for blood loss, in an underground tomb, about twenty minutes walking distance away from a small town, let alone a hospital where a suitable doctor for this type of difficulty could only be found?

Master Ishtar didn’t seem at all fazed by his wife’s crisis as he raised his son to the sky, as moonlight shone down upon him, better revealing his appearance. He had very light blonde hair, beautiful violet eyes and soft bronze skin.
“Call” Mrs Ishtar gasped for air before continuing, “Call..him..Marik” she pleaded as tears filled her gentle bronze eyes.
Master Ishtar nodded.
"Mother, what of this baby girl?" Odion questioned ashe held up Sêshafi, attempting to fight back tears. His adoptive mother couldn't die, could she?
"Look...after her...Od..i..on. Look after...Car...men...Set..en....het. She....was...my mother" she pulled him closer and whispered in his awaiting ear, "Carmen Setenhet." These were her last words, before her caring, compassionate eyes lost their glow, and her skin appeared pale and felt cold, clammy and lifeless.
"NO! MOTHER!! DON'T DIE MOTHER. PLEASE!!!!" Odion pleaded as tears
streamed from his light green eyes. He placed the infant down and searched for
any sign of a pulse, but to no avail. She was dead. He then turned his attention to
hiding Ishizu from the sight of their mother's corpse, as their father paid all mind to
his newborn son.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment