Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - A Fateful Tragedy

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 5 - A Fateful Tragedy

Chapter 5 - A Fateful Tragedy
“This should work” Odion stated, gazing at Marik’s bed. Pillows created lumps under the sheets, giving the appearance of a sleeping Marik.
“I hope so, or we’ll have to face the wrath of Ishtar” Carmen joked, emphasizing wrath.
Minutes passed as Carmen and Odion conversed quietly in Marik’s dwelling.
“How long has it been?” Carmen asked in a hushed tone, so that should Master Ishtar walk passed Marik’s cool chambers, he wouldn’t eavesdrop on something, that would hint to Marik’s disobedience.
“They should be back in ten minutes” Odion replied softly.
“Great, everything’s going smoothly” she grinned blissfully.
“Oh really?” came a sadistic voice, that could only belong to the arrogant elder Ishtar.
“Oh no” Carmen gasped.
“Get here you little wench!” he dragged her from the room by the back of her dress, commanding Odion to follow, or he’d cut off her tongue.

“Let go of me you arrogant jerk” Carmen commanded at a screaming tone.
“Silence girl” he retorted shaking her violently, his grasping hand situated at the upper back area of her dress. There was a piercing rip as she fell to the cold stone floor with an echoing scream.
“What’s this!?” he questioned, referring to her now revealed back, engraved with her assurance to her amethyst eyed friend.
“It’s my oath to Marik, that he’s not alo-”
“I don’t care what it is, you pathetic girl. How did you get that in your back?!” he shouted lifting her forcefully against the hard rock wall.
“It-it was carved” she stuttered, gasping for air.
“By who, you idiotic slave?”
Hearing the words ‘idiotic’ and ‘slave’ angered her deeply. She would never be either in his presence. She narrowed her eyes on the infuriated Ishtar, as all traces of trepidation were replaced by resentment and exasperation. “Shut up you filthy monster. I’ll never answer to you again” she stated stubbornly, as her pride became over satisfied. She attempted to free herself from his grip, by means of splitting his tanned hands apart, but to no avail.
“What was that?” he shook her angrily.
“You heard me, you obstinate jerk” she remarked smugly, as a large smirk presented itself upon her face.
“Pathetic girl, apologize now or face severe consequences”
“Never!” she retorted determined to never show weakness, nor fear towards Master Ishtar.
“Then consequences it is!” he yelled drawing a thick brown whip from beneath his cloak, as his grip on Carmen’s dress loosened leaving her on the hard stone floor, with the now venomously vengeful Ishtar towering over her.
As he raised the whip above his head, ready to strike, he was thrown to the floor by an anger-driven Odion.
Carmen’s eyes widened in shock as both Odion and the elder Ishtar collided with the merciless floor.
“Odion! What are you doing?” she screamed, as she slowly stood from the hard stone floor.
“Odion, how dare you! It is your own doing that led to Marik’s disobedience. You let Ishizu and himself journey to the outside world. You shall pay for your own insubordination!” he coiled his whip at the teenage boy, who was currently lying on the hard stone floor. It was a flash before Carmen’s eyes, as she heard herself screaming his name.
“No! Leave him alone” she screamed as she grabbed the arm holding the horrid weapon. Her efforts were ineffective as the enraged man threw her off with a swing of his arm, throwing her back against the solid chamber walls with a thud, ending up positioned on the floor, once again. A single tear escaped her eye as she dare not look at the punishment situated in the room. She winced as each lash met her sensitive ears, continuing to echo throughout the anguish confining room.
“Odion!” she raised her head towards the door as vexed Marik’s shout met her ears, followed by Ishizu’s frightened shriek.
“Master Marik, I’m sorry I failed you” Odion stuttered faintly, as he collapsed unconscious against the firm, chilled floor.
“Odion, Carmen, I want you both to leave and never return!” Master Ishtar commanded between breaths, as he regained his energy, from whipping Odion. “Marik, Ishizu” he stated, before turning to look at the stunned duo, “How dare you! You know you are forbidden to walk with the outsiders. Now Odion and Carmen must pay for your disobedience by leaving us forever!” he informed loathingly. “That decision is final.”
Marik quickly entered the room, still shocked at the site of unconscious Odion.
“Marik!” Carmen gasped, as she once again, stood up, leaning against a cold stone wall located next to her.
He slowly glanced at her, and then re-gazed at Odion, insentient on the floor, before screaming in pain as he grabbed his head, placing pressure on it in order to try and diminish the agonizing throb, ripping against his head, that was forcefully begging to be given into. Marik easily gave into the evil presence. His hair rose, giving it a gel smothered appearance, a golden eye was revealed, emitting upon his bronze temple, as his eyes narrowed, losing all innocence, leaving only hatred, in its place. A deep chuckle emanated from his throat as he narrowed his gaze onto his father.
“Stop laughing! Right now” Marik’s father commanded as he hissed his whip Marik’s way, however, Marik easily stopped his assault, gripping the whip firmly in his hand, before recoiling the weapon from the elder Ishtar’s grasp.
“You don’t scare me anymore” he stated in a deep and foreign tone, as he threw the whip against the hard ground.
“What? Marik, what are you doing?!” Ishizu queried, confusion and panic evident in her voice, as Marik made his way towards a table, of which the Millennium Rod and Necklace resided upon.
“From now on these Items are mine” he stated in his new deep, frightening voice, before turning towards the table and grasping the Millennium Rod. “You shall inherit those when the time is right, and no sooner!”
Marik raised the Rod towards his torso, “Why don’t you keep quiet old man? I’m making my own rules now.”
“I order you to put that down!” he shouted, intolerantly.
“And if I don’t?!” Marik questioned turning towards his angered father.
His father flinched, “Marik, drop it!”
Marik paid no mind to his father’s command as he used the powers of his stolen item to throb his father against the rigid stone wall across the room, as his sister cried, “Marik, don’t!” and Carmen gasped in shock.
“My son” his father wheezed as he hit flat against the solid foundation.
“Marik! Stop this right now” Ishizu pleaded as she ran towards her angered younger sibling.
“This doesn’t concern you Ishizu!” he replied as he repeated his action by throwing her against the wall with the Millennium Rod’s force. Her eyes widened as she too, followed her father’s fate, hitting vigorously against the wall behind her.
“You’re not Marik” she groaned in agony.
“Very perceptive” he agreed, “Now then, father, time for you to die” he informed as he strode towards his father, unsheathing the golden dagger the Rod possessed.
“No!” Carmen screamed as she raced towards Marik, and tightly grasped his arm, “Don’t do this, whoever you are, please stop!” Carmen begged, as she clung onto Marik’s arm for her dear life.
“Stay out of this, foolish girl” he remarked as he shook her off, but to no avail. Marik grasped his head, wincing in anguish. “Yes! Marik. Fight this darkness” Carmen encouraged as her eyes widened, she loosened her grip on the boy. He chuckled as he struck her on her arm with the rod’s golden sheath, leaving a deep cut. She winced in pain, instinctively clutching her agonizing wound, as he threw her against the wall. Her head smacked forcefully against the hard stone wall. As the world spun, an faint scream met her ears. It would’ve been a lot louder to her ears, had she not been at the peak of unconsciousness. Her vision duplicated doubles of objects viewed by her sensitive aqua orbs, as she closed her eyes, allowing herself to be swallowed by the shadows of sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment