Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Questions Answered

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 6 - Questions Answered

Chapter 6 - Questions Answered
Shadows. Nothing, but shadows for miles. They shrouded every inch of the desolated realm. Carmen circled, in panic, afraid that should she not watch every corner of the dimness, a single creature would creep up behind her, and swallow her into the grasping gloom, although there wasn’t a single being in sight.
‘This is a dream’ Carmen thought as an attempt of comforting herself. ‘I’ll pinch myself and won’t feel a thing’
And so she did. Expecting to feel nothing, Carmen unexpectedly flinched, simultaneous to her squeal, as a stinging sensation ran through her lower left arm. Carmen gasped. This was no dream. If it wasn’t, then how did she get here? The last thing she remembered was sitting in Marik’s room with Odion, guarding, to make sure Marik and Ishizu weren’t found out, after that scene her memory was blank. So why was she here, in this strange space?
Carmen snapped out of her thoughts due to a sadistic chuckle, echoing through the shadows, as if there were speakers invading every corner of the gloom. “Who’s there?” Carmen queried, “Show yourself” she commanded, gaining needed audacity.
“If you insist” a sly female voice replied.
Carmen was surprised at how easily the mysterious being had accepted her command, yet, that was nothing compared to what she would discover.
A body length mirror appeared out of the darkness, about ten metres from where she stood.
“What is this?”
“Step in front of the mirror” the echoing voice stated, rather impatiently.
Carmen raised a brow as she slowly stepped towards the mirror. What was she supposed to see? A mirror shows one’s self, does it not? She came to a halt in front of the ancient seeming glass object, satisfied as she saw her own reflection within the mirror.
“It shows me. What else would it show?” she shouted into the darkness.
“Yes. You wanted to see me. Carmen, your ignorance is irritating. If you possess at least a fragment of my ingenious mind, then you should be able to figure this out” the voice informed exasperatingly.
“Wait. You...you’re not saying that...you’re me?” she stuttered, with astonishment evident in her tone.
“Exactly”
At that moment Carmen’s reflecting figure faded into nothingness, as it was replaced by a sadistic smirking form, yet her features were difficult to make out, due to the mysterious darkness. Carmen gasped, swiftly backing away from the expanding mirror. She repeated her gasp as the figure glided out of the mirror, standing in front of the astonished girl, yet all that could be seen without doubt were her sly, leering lips. She felt an eerie, sinful presence, clouding around her, from the woman, yet she didn’t sense a threat.
“You’re not here to hurt me, are you?” Carmen queried, already assured that her focuses weren’t on harming her.
“No. I’m here to inform you of your past” she replied in a shrivelled, icy tone.
“My past?” she asked, as a flame of hope was lit, from within her heart.
“Yes”
“Show yourself” she demanded, as reality struck her. She needed to know who she was talking to.
“Very well” her voice echoed as an unknown light shone upon the figure, revealing long black dried up hair, twisting wildly, as it scratched against her faded bronze skin, of which highlighted her aqua eyes, covered by an icy wall. Her feminine figure was ancient, and slightly wrinkled, as well as possessing no leg. She was floating impossibly in the air (think of Eris from Sinbad. How she has no legs and moves strangely.) Carmen’s mouth gaped at the atrocious female figure.
“What! Why don’t you spend ten years amongst the shadows and see how much you age” she snapped irritably.
“Uh. Sorry?” she apologized bewilderedly. What should she say?
“I suppose you’re wondering who I am?” she mumbled impatience evident in her tone.
“Yes. I am.”
“My name is Sêshafi. I’m your other half, so to speak.”
“What!” Carmen’s eyes widened in disbelief.
“Well, we’re here, in the Shadow Realm, where I was banished to ten years ago, after our personality split in two” she explained, “Myself, being the dark personality” she gestured a hand towards herself, before gliding towards Carmen, redirecting her wrinkled hand towards the aqua eyed ten year old, “And you being the good personality!”
“So you’re telling me that you’re my dark side?” Carmen questioned in disbelief, as well as disgust at the woman’s appearance.
“You’re so bothersome!” She sighed, raising a hand towards her temple in frustration. “Look, have you ever seen something or perhaps possessed something that seemed as if it didn’t belong? Seemed like it was out of the ordinary?” she questioned trying to remain calm with her clueless other half.
“No, I haven’t.” she replied, as her mind drifted into thought, until it came to halt at an extraordinary pearl necklace. “Wait! My necklace. It changes colour” she informed.
“Yes! You have noticed.”
“It’s pretty hard not too” she mumbled gripping a firm bronze hand upon her unique jewellery piece, of which currently possessed five paper white pearls and one pitch black pearl, due to her latest experience, of which was so frightening to her, that she forced her brain to forget everything that had taken place earlier.
“Have you figured out why it changes colour?” Sêshafi queried as she smiled, satisfied that her other self was beginning to understand what she was attempting to explain.
“No” Carmen replied, wiping the smile off Sêshafi’s face. Sêshafi slapped her forehead in irritation.
“Bloody hell! How are you my other half!? The pearl changes from white to black, or somewhere in between depending on how horrible the scene you have experienced, or the deed you have committed is! Your father, Ra, gave the necklace to you when you were an infant, to record all your sins! If all six pearls turn pitch black then you will be banished to the shadows with me” she explained at a snapping tone, “But” she raised a finger, “If you prove that you have changed your evil ways, then you’ll become a Goddess again, and our souls will rejoin as one!” She seemed happy at the idea of rejoining with her other being.
“Woah. Wait...just a second. Goddess! I’m a Goddess?” she gestured both hands towards herself, disbelief was once again evident in her tone.
“Yes. Our father is Ra, the sun god, and our mother is Nut, the night Goddess.”
“Woah. So, what Goddess are we?” she questioned astonished. She was sure that Sêshafi wasn’t lying. She was in the Shadow Realm after all, or at least that’s what she thought Sêshafi called it.
“We’re the Goddess of Goddesses. Great, isn’t it?” she chuckled, wearing a smug smirk, for no apparent reason.
“You know, you don’t seem so evil, why are you here?”
“I slaughtered millions and aided a man named Bakura in destroying and controlling the Egyptian Empire. I failed thanks to some Pharaoh Atem, and as a result, I was shrunken to an infant and somehow, I ended up here, where as the little good I had left, stayed within my body, but good can turn bad, as bad can turn good” she sighed, “I do regret what I’ve done, and it’s taken five thousand and ten years for me to see that, but I have to prove it before I can rejoin with you, as one” she informed as she placed two fragile hands upon Carmen’s shoulders, one hand on each as her icy stained eyes pierced her other’s innocent orbs, “We have to prove it. Please, don’t make the same mistake I did. Be righteous, and don’t turn towards the darkness” she begged, sadness hinted through her shrill tone. “Look where the path of aberrance gets you!” she chuckled, gesturing to herself.
“It shouldn’t be hard to be righteous!” she replied enthusiastically.
“Don’t be so sure, Carmen” she sighed.
“Okay” Carmen nodded, with a small smile upon her bronze lips, “Uh, Sêshafi, could I ask you a few questions?”
“What is this? An interrogation” she queried dramatically, causing her other half to raise a pitch black brow, “Okay. Question away, Carmen” she sighed tiredly.
“Well, how did I get here, in the Shadow Realm?”
“Our bodies share a special connection, and I seized the chance to speak with you, and seeing as I cannot leave the Shadow Realm, I sent you here instead. Well, at least your mind.”
“So, we can talk whenever you want?”
“No. Only when your mind is in a state of shock, or is unconscious due to anything, except sleep.”
“Why’s that?”
“Well, Ra placed some safeguard upon you so that I can’t talk to you when you’re sleeping as he presumes I will give you nightmares and could threaten you. I’m not that cruel, although I could give you nightmares unintentionally anyway, if you consider my appearance as of late” she chuckled at the insult towards herself, “He still believes that I’m adamant on destroying the world.”
“Oh. Well, why am I in shock?” Carmen questioned, eager to know what happened after the latest images within her memory.
“I’m not sure. I just sensed that you’re shield was down, and so I decided to contact you.”
“Ra damn it” she muttered irritably.
“Don’t say that. Ra’s our father. Remember?” she teased with a snicker, “Anyway, if that’s all then you should be going now.”
“I know I’ll think of other questions, but-”
“You need to get back, Carmen. Your body is trying to wake up, but it can’t without you” she replied half scolding, half informing.
Carmen sighed. “Okay, thanks. See you later, hopefully.” She closed her eyes for mere seconds, before reopening them. “Uh, how do I get back?” she queried, feeling sillier with every word of the sentence she spoke.
“I shall send you back. It’s all my own doing bringing you here, and it’s the same sending yourself back to your body” she chuckled with a wide smirk.
“What! You just made me look like an idiot!” she shouted in aggravation, looking up with riled aqua orbs.
She laughed as her smirk grew. “Exactly” she replied amused, as she received a stubborn glare from her righteous half, “Now, Carmen, be good. I’m sure we’ll see each other again, hopefully when we’re rejoining.” She smiled, “Goodbye, and good luck” her rather icy tone, faded with every word as Carmen slowly closed her eyes, allowing the all too familiar shadows to once again engulf her mind in a sea of sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment