Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - The Outside World

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 7 - The Outside World

Chapter 7 - The Outside World
Change is Inevitable: Chapter Seven: The Outside World

“Carmen” a sorrowful voice spoke, hoping to get a reaction from his simultaneously aged best friend, but to no avail. The voice was a mere echo, distant to Carmen’s temporarily senseless ears. She was unconscious, due to her delicate head colliding forcefully against the firm stone walls of the violent scene, of which Marik’s dark character, Yami Marik, killed his loathed father. The fact that Carmen had obtained a deep wound from Yami Marik only diminished Carmen’s strength further, as well as intensifying her adoptive family’s worries and sorrow. Unknown to Marik, was that it was his own doing that concluded in Carmen lying motionless in her white sheeted bed, with a deep, healing injury of which he had bestowed upon the aqua eyed girl. He cursed as his fists balled, turning a light shade of bronze, due to his blood flow being affected. He was furious towards the Pharaoh, who he believed to have not only murdered his sinful father, according to a mysterious soul, by the name of Shadi, yet he misinterpreted what the peculiar man had attempted to explain. but he also believed the Pharaoh had severely injured his insentient friend.
“Please, Carmen” he sobbed in distressed emotion, “Wake up!” he screamed in frustration, as he slammed his balled fists heatedly against the hard end table, which was situated next to Carmen’s bed, that contained her sleeping figure.

A light groan emitted from Carmen’s throat, gaining Marik’s attention. As he crawled over, stationing himself beside his peacefully slumbering friend, a clear knock was perpetrated, followed by Ishizu’s soothing voice, “Marik, can Odion and I enter?” Her voice possessed a hint of sorrow, due to the recent events. Her father had died the previous day. Ishizu, Odion and Marik had concluded in adding Master Ishtar’s body to the colossal family tomb, of which held five thousand years worth of the Ishtar genealogy’s remains.
“Sure, sis” came Marik’s mumbled reply. As long as Carmen was unconscious, Marik’s mood would be bitter and unwelcoming.
Ishizu sighed, as Odion and herself opened the timber door, closing it behind them, before standing in discontent, observing the sleeping girl, they missed dearly.

“She hasn’t woken up, but I did just hear her groan. Does that mean she’ll be okay, Ishizu?” Marik queried, begging her to inform him that she was alright, diminishing his worry.
“She should be fine, Marik” Ishizu reassured, smiling weakly in order to intensify how high her faiths were to her younger brother. Marik needed all the hope she could give. He had been through a lot lately and Carmen’s state only increased Marik’s depressing emotions.
Marik smiled, “Thanks, sis” before he once again, turned his attentions towards Carmen, “Please, Carmen. Wake up. You’re my best friend. Please, just...just wake up” he pleaded solemnly as his sobs were hushed by the white sheeted bed his head was currently laying upon.
For a few moments all was silent, until a faint ‘Marik’ escaped the aqua eyed girls lips.
“Carmen!” Marik exclaimed, as he leaned over her, examining her features for any sign of consciousness. As he did so Odion and Ishizu watched hopefully.
“Marik” she whispered, yet, her tone was definite and strong. She groggily opened her eyes, revealing blue irises.
“Carmen! You’re alright” he shouted with glee as he embraced the unprepared girl in a tight hug,
Carmen smiled, as she came to grips with what was going on around her. Her earlier conversation with Sêshafi was still a bewildering reminisce, in her mind. She was still coming to grips with all she had learned, such as herself being a Goddess, her necklace’s strange ability and Sêshafi killing millions, resulting in her sinful half dwelling in the Shadow Realm while she was placed in the care of the Ishtar clan. A thought hit her, should she tell her family of her recently learnt past? No. She shan’t. They would believe her to be delusional or something of the sort. With this question answered she began to accept comfort from her relieved family, in her reminiscence place.

Days passed, as the quartet organised their shifting to the outside world, although it had taken tiresome effort in order to convince sceptical Ishizu to journey to the world above. She finally gave in to Marik’s and Carmen’s begs. Odion followed Marik’s opinions, therefore he also pleaded Ishizu in leaving the colossal tomb, yet his begs weren’t nearly as strong as his two younger siblings. Ishizu organised an abode for the four of them to live in. It was situated in the city of Al-Qusair, of which was located beside the colossal and famous Red Sea.
Where did Ishizu get all this money? Days after Marik’s incident, of which Ishizu and Odion had concluded in keeping between the two of them and away from their younger siblings’ ears, had found the bronze skinned ten year olds rummaging curiously through the deceased elder Ishtar’s study, where they had found a bountiful amount of currency, of which they had informed of to their wise sister.
They had moved into the already furnished home weeks later, and had shopped for groceries, clothes and all of the luxurious and effective necessities the outside world had to offer.

---

Yes. This Chapter was kind of short but at the moment I'm writing the significant parts of Carmen's life. Also the next chapter's kind of wierd. It's a filler chapter but shows how Marik got his boat, seeing as no one else has written an explanation I thought I'd give it a go. It's random in my opinion but oh well.
The main Battle City is coming up in three or four chapters (I'm estimating as you can tell ^^)

As usual I'm blabbing to much ^^

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please rate and message ^^

Laura

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

katieXatem on January 19, 2009, 4:54:16 PM

katieXatem on
katieXatemcool chapter! it was good! more!!!

rugrat247 on January 20, 2009, 7:43:01 AM

rugrat247 on
rugrat247Thanks! ^^