Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - The Questionnaire

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 8 - The Questionnaire

Chapter 8 - The Questionnaire
Change is Inevitable: Chapter Eight: The Questionnaire

Three Years Later (Carmen and Marik are Thirteen)

“Carmen?” Marik whispered, waving a sun kissed hand in front of the peacefully sleeping thirteen year old girl.
“Go away Marik” she groaned irritably as she rolled towards the wall, facing away from Marik.
The young boy pondered silently for a matter of seconds, before a great strategy of which would hopefully result in his best friend getting out of bed presented itself to him.
He took a deep breath, before screaming the word ‘FIRE’ as loudly as possibly, directly in her ear. He soon regretted it when she screamed, laying upright and head butting him in shock.
“Ouchy!” she mumbled rubbing her head, as Marik mirrored her actions, frowning in pain and frustration, “Well, where’s the fire?!” she questioned panicky as she swiftly departed from her bed, revealing a long white top, she slept in at night. It reached just above her knees. She turned towards the now recovered boy who was smirking smugly, with his arms crossed over his white tank top, The top possessed a hood and a gold chain.
“There is no fire. I just said that to get you out of bed” he laughed hysterically at her dumbfounded expression, of which soon changed to one of vexation.
“You bully! If was dreaming about hot gu...I mean hot chocolate”
“I’m sorry for interrupting your fantasy dream of which you were married to ‘stud muffins’ as you usually call them” he apologized in sarcasm, emphasizing ‘stud muffins’ by means of his middle and index fingers.
“Actually, if you hadn’t noticed I laugh after saying stud muffins, as it’s a joke” she corrected as she irritably made her way into the bathroom to have a shower, grabbing a full ensemble as she did so. ‘She really isn’t a morning person’ Marik thought still smirking.

Marik had already had his shower, and was now getting breakfast for the duo, as Ishizu and Odion were out grocery shopping.
About ten minutes later found Carmen running down the stairs, and sitting beside Marik at the well cared for oak dining table.
“Thanks” she spoke, referring to the cereal and juice awaiting to satisfy her appetite.
“No problem” he smiled, before taking a mouth full of his own.
“Oh. Sorry for being so irritable this morning. I guess I’m not really a morning person” she apologized, as her eyes wandered over her food, obviously not wanting to look at him, as she was a little guilty.
“I’ve noticed” he chuckled, “So, we are going to the carnival right?” he queried, unintentionally changing the subject.
“Yes! I really want that boat. Good thing we’re home schooled because we’d never have time to study for the Questionnaire otherwise” she beamed, clapping her hands together in excitement.
“Yes. I sure hope we win!”
“If you’re on the team we will. You might as well be an old man with your uncanny amount of wisdom!” she giggled.
“Well, let’s go get ready. Ishizu knows we’re going, right?” he queried, worried that should she be unaware of their plans, they’d be unable to attend the thrilling event.
“Of course she knows. Do you think she’d let us finish our teachings early without an explanation?” she laughed at his ignorance.
“Oh. Right.”
“You better start thinking for those questions as they’re actually going to be challenging” she smirked. Marik once again mirrored her expression, before getting ready for the carnival.

Two hours later found the duo standing nervously at one of five wooden tables, of which each contained a buzzer that was equal to the amount of competitors stationed at each table. In this case, there were two buzzers at Carmen’s and Marik’s table. They were located at the far left of the Questionnaire scene. The man who was to ask the questions was raised high above the competitors on a large stage. He read the simple rules to the entrants. These rules were that the participants were to hit the buzzer, only after the question had been fully asked. Interrupting the quizzer would result in disqualification. The first person to hit the buzzer would have the first chance to answer and partners aren’t allowed to share the answer with each other. There are seven questions, one question per topic. The final rule was that, should a competitor answer every question correctly, they’d win a boat!

“Now, the first topic” the quizzer spoke, as his deep voice was magnified by his microphone, “Mythology!”
“You’re good at that, right?” Carmen whispered towards Marik.
He nodded in reply, smiling lightly.
“What is Amut’s position in the Gods?”
BUZZ
“Amut assists Anubis in the judging of the afterlife. If the deceased’s heart weighs more than the feather of truth, Amut eats the person’s heart” Marik answered nonchalantly.
“Correct! One point to Team A” the quizzer informed enthusiastically.

Moments later found Marik answering every question with ease, resulting in the duo with a huge lead of six points, and obviously one question was left. Carmen was rather bored that she hadn’t answered a single question, and showed this by sighing deeply. Her back ached slightly from standing all day at the carnival, concluding in her standing slightly slouched over.

“The last question’s topic is music” the quizzer informed, in his same enthusiastic tone.
Carmen rose slightly in excitement. She might know something Marik doesn’t.
“Who sings Love Song? A line from the song is the following, The breathing gets harder, even I know that.”
‘Oh my Ra! I know this!’ Carmen thought, and before she knew it, her hand had almost unconsciously slammed the buzzer.
BUZZ
“It’s Sara Bareilles. Sara Bareilles sings Love Song!” she burst jubilantly.
“Correct! Team A not only wins the Questionnaire, but because they answered every question correctly they win this very expensive launch.
“Oh my Ra!” Carmen screamed in excitement, as she embraced the equally overjoyed Marik in a strong hug.
“You did it Carmen” he beamed gleefully.
“My addiction to music came through!” she laughed loudly, as they separated and made their way to the stage, in order to organize the papers etcetera for the yellow, light blue and white launch, that would play an important role in the destiny of several individuals.


I think this chappie is very strange in accordance with the story, but it's an interesting concept for how Marik came to have an impressive launch. HOT! XD
I want to explain and show the significant parts of Carmen's life.

Thanks for reading, faving and commenting katieXatem! ^^
Also thanks for faving jman! ^^
It means A LOT! :D

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment