Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Surprise, surprise

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 9 - Surprise, surprise

Chapter 9 - Surprise, surprise
Authors Note: I've been asked the following questions and shall now answer them.

Question: Is there any way to change a black pearl white?
Answer: There is no way to change a pearl back to white, once it's black she can’t make up for it, although, depending where the story goes I could possibly change this.

Question: What did she do that made one go black?
Answer: Remember that a horrible experience causes a pearl to change colour too. Her latest one being Marik killing his father, although she doesn't remember it, it still counts.


Change is Inevitable: Chapter Nine: Surprise, surprise

Carmen and Marik swiftly made their way along the virtually deserted streets of Al-Qusair. The only inhabitant other than the thirteen year old duo was a young male runner, who ran just after dusk, in order to elude the Egyptian sun’s searing rays. Luminous street lights lined the narrow avenue, as the occasional light flickered. Carmen and Marik’s unknowing and jubilant shouts echoed throughout the vast street.
“I can’t believe we won a boat. No. A launch!” Carmen spoke in a tone that revealed her obvious joy and enthusiasm.
“Nor can I! What do you think Ishizu and Odion will say?” Marik replied with a slight smirk, as he pictured the amusing scene. His sister would most likely express a mixture of shock and anger, well, as much as Ishizu could express of these two emotions anyway. Odion would probably simply stand there, unsure of what to say. He wouldn’t mind the least that they’d won a boat.
Carmen replied to his query with an exact replicate of his thoughts, on their older sibling’s reactions.

Minutes later found them entering their moderately sized dwelling.
“Marik. Carmen. Where were you? The festival finished nearly two hours ago!” Ishizu questioned half relieved, half irritated, as the duo entered the dining room, where Ishizu and Odion sat ominously. Odion had eaten his food, as he wasn’t nearly as panicked as Ishizu, whose food still rested untouched upon the small wooden dining table.
Marik glanced swiftly towards Carmen, in hope that she’d inform Ishizu of what they’d been up to, however, his aqua eyed friend hastily made her way towards the kitchen, smirking as she did so. She had informed her caregiver of their escapades many times before, and now it was Marik’s turn.
As Carmen entered the kitchen to serve out her dinner she snickered as Marik nervously answered livid Ishizu’s question.
“Well...uh...we sort of...won a launch...at the festival...in the questionnaire” he stuttered nervously, as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.
“Marik! What do you mean you won a launch in the questionnaire?!” Ishizu screeched with the same mixed tone of anger and surprise, however, slight disbelief also seeped through her pitch.
“Well, we did tell you that the winner would get an impressive prize” he murmured tensely. He’d never seen Ishizu so incensed and it added awkwardness to the predicament he currently faced, however, he wasn’t afraid of Ishizu, just uncomfortable with her out of character characteristics at this moment.
“Marik, you know better. Money is a fine prize, however, how will a launch benefit us?” she questioned angrily, she then glanced towards the kitchen doorway, of which was currently wide open, revealing a giggling sun kissed young teenager, “And Carmen, get in here now. You’re at fault just as much as Marik” she ordered, gesturing for Carmen to stand next to her by means of her index finger pointing towards the ground.
Carmen grinned cheekily, as she placed her dinner plate upon the tiled kitchen counter and obeyed Ishizu’s commands.
“Now, begin your explanation in an orderly fashion” she requested, now using her usual harmonious, soothing tone.
They once again obeyed her requests, as they explained of how they came to possess an expensive launch as well as how it could be of use to their quartet family of siblings.
Ishizu hesitantly accepted to keep the launch, to her sibling’s delights, and so Carmen recorded this euphoric event within her small diary, of which now contained four entries, including her latest entry, of winning the expensive launch. Her third entry involved her now inhabiting the outside world and it was written three years previously, when the aqua eyed, black haired teenager was but ten years of age,


Hope you liked this chapter! A reader wanted me to write a chapter involving Ishizu's and Odion's reactions, and so I did.
Thanks for commenting katieXatem! ^^

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment