Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - When She's Angry

A sinful Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. OCxMarik. Contains Mild Language

Chapter 10 - When She's Angry

Chapter 10 - When She's Angry
Here's the longer version of the story summary. I just edited it:

Summary: A fatally beautiful and sinister Goddess is shrunken into an infant and has her memories erased clean. She is forced to live a life on Earth among the humans, until she has proven she has mended her evil heart. Will the influence of a callous, amethyst eyed man prevent her from fulfilling this destiny? Or will she mend his poisoned, bitter heart along the way?

---

Finally, Chapter Ten. I hope it's alright. I'm a tad rusty. Thanks to the readers that have stuck with the story. Feel free to add into your reviews your favourite/least favourite scene, opinions and what you'd like to see happen. I'd love to read them and would really appreciate them. Enjoy this chapter!

---

Change is Inevitable: Chapter Ten: When She’s Angry

Two Years Later (Carmen and Marik are Fifteen)

Ra shone luminously upon his teenage daughter as she groggily departed from her cosy double bed, scanning her reasonably sized room as she did so. Carmen now possessed her own room, as it seemed awkward and inappropriate for her to bunk with her platinum haired adoptive brother. Marik now slept in the unneeded study, which was formally used by Carmen and himself for home schooling, yet, they now used their own rooms to perpetrate this. The bedroom had pure white walls and light blue carpet. A wooden desk and small bookshelf rested beside the timber ensuite door. A silver alarm clock rested upon the end table residing beside her sky blue sheeted bed. Posters of many singers such as Evanescence, Flo Rida, Britney Spears and Linkin Park smothered the wall, as well as pictures of attractive tanned actors. She had a certain liking for tall, dark and handsome men, as many described such males.

Carmen checked her alarm clock. It read 6:37am. She grumbled, concluding that she would be unable to get back to sleep and slowly made her way downstairs, in order to please her ravenous appetite.

She scoped the fridge for an easy meal, as she felt too lethargic to cook a large and complicated breakfast. As she did so Ishizu entered the room, placing dishes on the smooth counter, residing beside the small kitchen sink.

“Carmen? I didn’t expect you home so early” Ishizu commented, as surprise seeped through her soothing tone.
“What do you mean, Ishizu?” Carmen questioned in befuddlement, “I’ve been in bed this whole time.”
“I assumed you had accompanied Marik and Odion on their walk this morning” she replied, replicating Carmen’s perplexed tone.
“Why would I accompany Marik on a walk? You know how arrogant he’s been lately! I couldn’t spend a single second with him right now” she replied irritably, accentuating Marik’s name, “Wait a second. Did you just say that they went for a walk, because Odion told me last night that they were going to go on the boat for a fish or something today?”
“Perhaps we should search for them?”
“Yes, starting with the docks. I don’t think Odion would lie to me” she informed loudly as she swiftly ran upstairs to change out of her sleeping garment.

Half an hour later found Carmen quickly running towards the warehouse that contained their family’s impressive launch. Ishizu had dropped her off at the dock, and was now awaiting Carmen’s feedback on the situation, in their family car.

Ishizu watched as Carmen sprinted towards the large warehouse, where their family launch was kept. Once out of sight, Ishizu restarted the cars motor.
There is no further need in my presence. I have foreseen Carmen’s capture. Although there may be a dispute between Marik and Carmen at first, fate shall see to their relationship shifting drastically. I wish my luck to you both, Marik and Carmen.

As Carmen hastily grasped her warehouse keys from the rear pocket of her light blue denim shorts, in order to unlock the door to the large timber warehouse, she slightly jumped in startle due to the dull noise of the warehouse’s garage door slowly opening. Concluding that Marik was indeed in there, she replaced her keys within her small pocket, before curiously peering through the half open metal entry. Her eyes immediately recognised fifteen year old Marik, standing with folded masculine arms, of which were hidden by his loose flowing dark purple robe. It possessed an equally as loose hood which bared the Eye of Horus, and currently caressed his platinum haired head, along with a golden chain lining the collar section of his large robe.

Aloof Amethyst met benevolent aqua as the two teenagers gazed at each other.
“Odion, I believe dear Carmen should accompany us on our little trip” he smirked coldly, not bothering to even glance at his dark skinned adoptive sibling as he dare not break his unannounced staring contest with the ebony haired girl.
“Yes, Master Marik” Odion agreed, although slight reluctance seeped through his deep tone at the proposition.
Carmen simply stared anxiously, pondering what the duo were conversing about, as her sensitive ears were unable to perceive the discussion between her two brothers. Her thoughts of this matter were momentary due to two men in replicate cloaks to Marik’s, seizing each of her upper arms from behind, giving her no time to avoid their ordered assault.
She screamed in panic, attempting to free herself of their grasp, but to no avail.
““Marik, help me, please! Odion, stop them” she begged in dread,
She eyed Marik to discover him smirking menacingly, as he held the golden millennium rod close to his chest. Her aqua orbs widened in silent reply to his cruel expression.
“Marik, what are you doing!? Who are these people?” she cried fearfully.
Her queries went unanswered as the cloaked men dragged her inside the timber warehouse towards the multi-coloured launch, consisting of white, light blue and yellow shades. Carmen ceased her resistance, noticing that they were going into her boat, where she assumed she couldn’t be harmed.

Moments later found her being forcefully pushed into a foreign room. Carmen had known this room to be a large family room, however, the only piece of furniture present inside the gloomy, unwelcoming room was that of a large golden throne, reached by means of three small stairs. The only source of light emitted from flickering torches, which lined the cool smooth walls. Carmen shuddered. This room reminded her of the daunting tomb she had spent the majority of her mortal days within.
“Master Marik will be with you shortly” one of the two men informed, before the duo swiftly left the bleak room.
‘What in Ra’s name did he just say? Master Marik!’ she thought with a mix of anxiety and shock, before glancing briefly towards the conspicuous golden throne, ‘What’s that doing here? Don’t tell me this room is Marik’s own doing.’
Her thoughts were ceased, as a dull thud, followed by slow steps, echoed throughout the gloomy space.
“I believe this is yours” came Marik’s somewhat amused voice, as a small object made contact with Carmen’s bronze skinned feet, which were enclosed by light blue jandals. Carmen gazed towards her feet, to discover a small purple, hard covered book. Her diary! She had left it in her bedroom within the launch last time she had gone on a holiday with Marik and Odion, a few months previously. She had planned on recording her fun-filled days within the secretive text, however, she had forgotten all about the book until this present time. She swiftly stooped down, grabbing the object and protectively pulling it close, before standing upright once more. Then it hit her!
“Why did you have this?” she queried, attempting to remain calm and collected, although failing miserably. Her voice came out as a broken shout. Before he could answer she began to interrogate him with a long list of anger driven questions. “Did you read it!? And how did you get it?! Did you search through my room? What else have you snooped through?! And most importantly, how could you invade my privacy like this!?” she screamed, stepping meaningfully towards the smirking teenager, as each question corresponded with a stride Carmen took.
“Did you miss me?” he questioned, amusedly.
“What? Why would I?” she queried, in a vexed high pitched tone.
“I believe two sentences of your diary went something like this?” he began, as he slowly closed the space between them, “I not only think of him as a friend, but I believe I feel something else for him too. Maybe a crush?” he chuckled subtly.
“What! You did read it? How could you?” she sobbed weakly, “HOW COULD YOU!” she screamed lividly.
Marik laughed uncontrollably at her unexpected reactions. He never expected her to be this angry.
Anger bubbled within Carmen as she balled her fists, causing her knuckles to whiten slightly from affected blood flow. Marik’s laughs deepened her already overwhelming rage, and she merely wished to silence his vexing chortles.
“SHUT UP, YOU STUPID BA***RD!” Carmen screamed, almost unconsciously raising her balled left hand preparing to punch the platinum haired teenager with powerful vigour, however, just as she commenced her anger-driven assault a luminous sapphire light emitted from the stunned teenager’s fist. This light concluded in her victim being thrown vigorously against the durable wall, as well as the second of six pure white pearls to turn pitch black, as overwhelming shock reflected within his icy orbs. She gasped in devastating regret as reality struck. Marik was now lying slightly dazed against the noticeably dented wall, which was roughly seven metres from where he first stood. He turned his attention towards black haired Carmen, whose expression was one of deep regret and fear of what was to come. He sent her a livid and menacing glare as venom glazed his hostile stare, freezing her where she stood, ever so hopelessly awaiting the dire consequences she simply knew would present themselves momentarily, should she not escape from within his grasp, purely because of the predatory amethyst gaze she was currently receiving. This wasn’t the Marik she had known since childhood.

Carmen gathered needed bravery, as she sprinted as hastily as her long, slender legs could carry her. She was relieved to be a swift runner, avoiding Marik’s futile seizes, and quickly opening the exit, before making her way down the hallway towards her room, as an irritated Marik pursued.

Marik ceased his chase on terrified Carmen. Why pursue her himself when his Rare Hunter’s could do it for him?
He could not bring himself to controlling his dear friend, which would be an easier option, as he could get her to halt her attempted escapes and return to him. He couldn’t do this because he cared for her to much to manipulate her sensitive mind. In actual fact, he felt more than friendship for her too, unbeknownst to himself, although he would learn this soon enough.

Carmen took Marik’s discontinuation as a sign of giving up as she gazed back at the platinum haired teenager. She should have known better. Marik would never give up so easily.
Beginning to return her gaze to her front she emitted a sharp gasp as her body collided with a rather round belly, before she rebounded, hitting the merciless floor.
She glanced before her to find four men beginning to circle around her wearing replicating purple cloaks to Marik.
“Hey. What are you- Let go of me!” she commanded angrily as two Rarehunter’s grasped each of her wrists and the remaining two grasped her legs. They continued by lifting her up and carrying her along the narrow hall, towards Marik’s room, ignoring her irritated commands to let her go and her vexed ear-piercing screams. She never wanted to face Marik again, after what she had done to him. Also, he would most likely discover her identity as a Goddess. What can I do? She thought hopelessly, although, Marik wasn’t the only one to not give up so easily. Her expression hardened. Give me your worst Marik!

---

Well, how was this chapter? I decided on Marik not injuring Carmen...for now. Mwahaha!
I don't want it to be lovey-dovey and I'm going to try to add angst into the story. I find angst/romance stories interesting.

By the way, did everyone seem to be in character (Marik and Ishizu) ? I'd like some feedback as I'm not too sure.

Thanks a million to katieXatem. I hope you're still reading the story. I apologize for the late update D:

I'm posting a new story which is a prequel to this story (Seshafi: The Sinister Past)

Please review!

Thanks,

Laura

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

katieXatem on April 2, 2009, 9:11:24 PM

katieXatem on
katieXatemOH WOW!!! GREAT CHAPTER! THANKS FOR MENTIONING ME! and yeah everyone was in character, i can't wait for the next chapter!

rugrat247 on April 3, 2009, 6:22:02 AM

rugrat247 on
rugrat247Thanks! That's no problem. I appreciate your reviews so I mention you ^-^ I'm glad everyone was in character. I'll update when I can. School ends next week.

katieXatem on April 6, 2009, 11:01:38 PM

katieXatem on
katieXatemcool!

rugrat247 on April 10, 2009, 4:11:10 PM

rugrat247 on
rugrat247Hey! I was wondering if you could please read this story on my fanfiction account? It's easier than putting it on three different websites. Sorry...

My FF account is www.fanfiction.net/~rugrat247

katieXatem on May 19, 2009, 7:25:21 PM

katieXatem on
katieXatemi've read this story on ur fanfiction account and it was great!!! i loved every chapter!!! can't wait for more!!!

rugrat247 on May 19, 2009, 7:28:48 PM

rugrat247 on
rugrat247Thanks a lot! ^_^

I'm working on chapter 19 now.