Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - You will save me

Ryu was 15. She'd spent 13 years in a foster home, when she was discovered by a blading company after winning tournements in her home town. She has two bad habits Smoking and drinking, both underage.

Chapter 1 - You will save me

Chapter 1 - You will save me
She serves Kenny and then herself. "What'd you want to drink Ken-chan?"
Alexandra held her head down. "Master... I know I've failed you once... Can you just give me one last chance to get them?"
"I suppose...since I am not yet ready..." He hugged. "But if you fail again, Alexandra, I will destroy you without hesitation.""Just some water will be fine..." Kenny replied.
"Alright," Ryu nodded, getting Kenny water and pouring herself a glass of soda, trying to keep away from alchohol. That habit she was determined to beat.
"I understand sir... I do not deserve your kindness..." ~I won't fail again!~
"You're right. You don't. Now, go prepare for another battle."Kenny started sipping his water. "Thank you, Ryu." He smiled.
"You're welcome," She started nibbling at her food.
"Yes sir!" she nods, and heads off to her training arena. ~I work until I can't stand anymore...~
Kenny began eating as well. "Delicious, as usual..."
"Glad you like it," she chuckles, sipping her soda. ~Deep down you're a monster~ those words were going through her mind over and over. Was it true? No... She was good. ~I'd never be like that...~
"Something on your mind, Ryu?" Kenny asked. "You seem upset..."
"That girl just said I was a monster.... She said 'Deep down you're a monster... just like me'" she shrugs. "It just bothers me... that's all..." ~Can't help wondering it she's right....~ "I'm just sensative to that kind of stuff..."
"I understand...but I know you're nothing like her, Ryu." Kenny grabbed her hand gently. "I know better."
"Thanks..." She grabbed his hand back. "Thanks for having faith in me," ~It means a lot...~
"I always will. It'd be silly to think otherwise."

"I'm glad..." she finishes her food and puts her dishes in the sink. ~You're the only one...~
Kenny put his dishes in the sink as well. "I'll always be here. Don't worry."
"I won't..." She yawned. "Dunno why I'm sleepy... It's not that late..."
"Probably your battle. You can go sleep if you want. I'll be fine."
"Thanks... I'll see you in the morning..." she sends to her room laying down. "I'm not a monster..." she told herself, and puled the cover over herself. everything added together was putting a lot of stress on her.
Kenny sat in the lab, working on trying to find out anymore information they could. "There has to be something..."
"What about the human she left behind?" Alexandria wondered. "The young one... I wonder if I could use him..."
Kenny searched even more. "There doesn't seem to be much of anything...but then again...it'd be easier if I knew what I was looking for..." He sighed.

Ryu fell into a troubled sleep. ~What if I am a monster?~
"I'll at least try... They're the most similar... I separate her from someone she trusts like him and she'll go crazy," Alexandria told herself, plotting.
"There has to be something I can search for...but what...?" Kenny started doing background checks for random things vaguely related to the situation, hoping that something would come up.
"Since he hasn't been exposed to my poison, I'll take him out easily..." She clenched her fist. "This should work... heh"
"Nothing..." Kenny sighed. "Wait...What's this...?" Kenny clicked a link.
Alexandria packed her blade and left. She had practiced enough. "Besides... humans are weak... And any second he could find information on our hideout for his little friends to use..."
Kenny had found a page on ancient demon-to-human transformations. Apparently, they had occured sporadically throughout history. "But what does this mean...?
She jumped up taking flight. "Its late, the human will be distracted..." her wings seemed to glow in the moonlight. She sighed. She'd been the result of an expiriment... based on observations of ancient texts and the fact that there were some humans who'd found a way to the demon realm.
"If these transformations have occured throughout history...how can we defeat those who have them...?" Kenny wondered.
She stands on the roof of the building, starting to release her poison dust into the air which got in through open windows.
Ryu tossed in her sleep. Some felt wrong.
Kenny coughed. ~Feeling a little dizzy...~ he thought. But he couldn't give up now...they needed to know this information.
"Soon enough... the weak human will be dead, Ryu will go insane..."
Ryu's instinct forced her awake. "Something's wrong..."
Kenny coughed harder. ~I...can't breathe...~ He held his neck. ~...I...~
"No... Please no..." Ryu sprinted. ~Her again. Kenny!~ She leapt down a flight of stairs. ~You've gotta be alright!~
"This'll be fun..." Alexandria chuckled darkly.
Kenny's sight became blurry. ~...I can't...see...anything...~ He attempted to stand, to even shouted, but he couldn't.
She got to the first floor heading for that lab. "Please let me be wrong... Ken-chan!" she pushes open the lab door. "Ken-chan!" She cradled him. "You're gonna be okay..." ~I promise~
Alexandria chuckled swinging in the window, admiring her handiwork.
"...Can't..." Kenny coughed. He weakishly pointed to the girl in the window. "...Her..."
"I'll take care of her don't worry..." Ryu's eyes went red even without transforming. Pure anger. "I should have killed you then... You won't live this time!" ~You hurt Kenny... That's unforgivable.~
"And we won't settle it with tops this time sister. I'll bring you into service by force! No beyblades this time!" ~Because I can't beat you that way~
"Be...careful..." Kenny said weakly. His breathing became more intense.
"You just worry about yourself... okay?" Ryu asked. "I'll be fine..." she pulled out her blade, facing Alexandria as tears threatened to spill. ~I'll save you Kenny I promise...~
"Weakling little human. He's not immune like us sister. He has two or three minutes at best..."
"Don't..worry...about...me..." Kenny said, each word a struggle
~I'll always worry about you~ She flips the blade into her hand. "You will pay dearly. I'll show your master now to mess with me!" ~You'll be okay... You have to.... You just have to!~
The two began fighting, Ryu's rage powering her up immensely. She has to force this girl to heal Kenny. Somehow... ~Just hang on... You're stong Ken-chan... stronger then you realize.~
"Ryu..." He looked up, seeing Ryu fight. ~Be careful...don't let her beat you...~
After a minute or two Ryu had Alexandria pinned the blade ready. "You're going to undo your stupid poison, or I rip you to unrecognizable shreds. Got it?"
Alexandria did as she was told to lower Ryu's guard and attacked again. "There, you're precious human'll get better soon. We're still fighting don't FORGET!"
Kenny smiled, ~All up to you...~ and passed out, now free from the poison but terribly exhausted.
~I'll be with you soon Ken-chan~ The fighting gets more intense and neither seems better then the other. Both have multiple bleeding cuts and bruises and the like. Finally Ryu emerges on top with her blade to Alexandria's throat. "You shoulda stuck to beyblades, it'd hurt less."
"Kill me then. I lose and my master kills me anyway..."
"Why let him? Why don't you fight back? Why would you let yourself be a tool like that?"
Alexa jerks her elbow backward. "It's the only way I know to live. I live and die by the words of a master."
Kenny jerked awake. He felt a little better, but then again he hadn't been passed out for long. He looked at Ryu.
~He's okay... Good~
"Masters obsessed with you and that other. The only reason he didn't kill me before is because he's not ready to fight himself."
"Choose a different master then. Throwing your life away won't change what you are!"
"Ryu..." Kenny didn't want anyone to die. "...Does she have to die?"
"I don't see any other way to stop her from trying to kill... I let her go before," ~But I can't forgive her hurting you... I just can't!~
"If...that's what you have to do then..." Kenny said, still feeling weak.
(They finish the fight Ryu let's Alexandria get away. To this point Kenny was played by Tony, Alexandria and Ryu by me. From here on it's all me^^)
After Ryu had finished dealing with Alexandria, she went back to Kenny's side. "I'm... Sorry... I should have know... I should have known she'd try something like this..."
Kenny coughed a few times. "It's okay..." he smiled. "I'm fine... you don't... have to apologize..."
"You..." tears flowed down the girl's cheeks. "You could have died... I was so scared..." ~I had promised to protect you...~ Kenny was still weak so she held him against her. ~I'm such a failure...~
"Just... calm down... Stop blaming yourself..." she hadn't said it, but Kenny could tell. "I'm gonna be fine..." he got up, shakily, falling backward. Ryu caught him. "Still a little dizzy..." he chuckled.
Ryu picks him up. "I'll just get you to bed so you can rest..."
Kenny nods, his head resting on her shoulder as she carries him. He drifts to sleep to the light sad pounding of Ryu's heart. ~Why were you treated so badly? It's not fair...~ he wondered.
She lay Kenny down, kissing his forehead. "Night buddy..." She lays down next to him, and opens the drawer on her night table, pulling out her old diary for the first time in years.
"Hey, wanna come play with us?"
"Don't ask her, she's a monster, remember?
"Oh yeah..."
"I... am not..." a much younger Ryu begins to cry, and turns, running away, her hand clenched around a homemade beyblade. She gets back to the foster home she's lived in as long as she can remember, running into her room closing and locking the door. "Why... Why can't I be normal..." She sobs into her pillow.
A dark demonic looking wolf snuggles next to her. She buries her face in its mane like fur. "It's alright... I'm here for you... Always will be," it says in a gruff, but strangely soft voice.
Ryu sniffles. "I know... I just wish... someone else would be..."
The scene fades out.
Another time, this time she's running from a crowd of people, she ducks into an alleyway panting. A different beyblade clenched in her fist. It glows, and a large lycanthropic beast with crystalline wings. It gets in front of her as the mob enters the alleyway. It fights them off. The mob runs off.
The beast goes to comfort its master. It pats her head. "They just don't understand that people are different.... Ryu... Don't worry... It's gonna be okay... I promise..." the beast sits next to her. A while passes. "It's about time you get home, before they get mad..."
Ryu nods. When her foster parents get mad they get violent, she has the bruises and cuts to prove it. Her foster father broke her arm once for losing at a tournement. No one in that town cared about the monster so he didn't even get in trouble...
Ryu snapped back to reality and closed the book, placing it in the drawer, but forgetting to fully close it. She fell into a deeply troubled sleep, quivering most of the night.
Kenny woke up briefly and looked over at Ryu. ~She looks so scared....~ he thought, and, wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay... No need to be scared," he whispered shyly in her ear. "Stop shaking..."
At first Ryu shy'd away from the touch, but finally she calmed, her quivering stopped. ~Ken-chan... I failed to protect you? How... can you care about a failure?~
Kenny snuggled against her and went back to sleep. ~You're gonna be okay...~
~I tried so hard and failed... how can you still care?~ She was used to, when she failed, people getting mad, yelling, screaming... And pain. Failure was often connected with pain, which is why she'd been so scared at first, even asleep of being touched.
The sun finally rose, Kenny woke up immediately. He looked over to see the open drawer, and curiosity led him to open the book inside. He started reading. ~How... terrible...~ he looked over at the still sleeping Ryu. ~No wonder... You probably thought I was going to hit you like they did...~ He slips the book back into the drawer and grabs his glasses. "I will never hurt you... Remember that..."
After a little while Ryu woke up, quite shaken. "I guess I never should have reread it..." she mutters to herself, shivering.
"Ryu? You okay?" Kenny asks putting his hand over hers.
"I'm... fine... God I need a smoke..." Her hands were shaking.
"You're not fine..... Are you?" ~Why are... you lying to me?~
"I had a... a nightmare... about when.... when he t-tried to..." she quivered. "I killed him..." Her voice cracked. "Mom... I didn't mean to... stop it!" her eyes widened in terror her hands shook more. "I didn't mean to kill him..."
Occasionally she would fade from the real world seeing it as a memory. Her smoking usually prevented it, oddly enough, but she hadn't had one in almost, if not a full day. The cigarettes were a stabilizing tool more then anything because it unlike any medications doctors prescribed actually help.
"Ryu? Kenny was scared. He'd never seen anything like this, never even read about it. He wrapped is arms around her waist. "R-Ryu.... Calm d-down... It's me..."
She jolted, panting. "K-Kenny?" she looked away. "God... I'm so sorry... I must have scared you..." ~That hasn't happened in so long... God dammit..."
"It's okay..... d-don't worry," ~You sounded more scared then I was...~
"Did I... say... anything?"
"No..." ~You... killed someone? I... I need to find out why... So I can help...~
Ryu walked outside pulling out a cigarette and her lighter. After lighting it, she took a long drag, letting the nicotine seep into her system. ~I'm sorry I'm so fracked up.... I... I wish you didn't love me... So you wouldn't have to know about me... I don't want you to be hurt... by my past...~ tears leaked down Ryu's face. ~I... I love you... and I don't want to frack you up like my damn foster parents fracked me p.... I'm sure... you could find... someone who'd be better for you..."
Kenny watched her through the window. "What are you thinking about that hurts so much?" he clenched his fist tears starting to trickle down his face as well. "Why can't you tell me? I-I love you... I just... I just want to help you..." ~why wont you let me help..."
"I'm a monster... I'll end up tainting you... I can't let that happen..." the tears grew steadier. "You're the first person to ever care about me... And I love you more then anything else on this planet... I'm scared that you, the one person who cares about me... will turn out like me... because of me..." she flicks the cigarette to the ground. "I can't let that happen..."
Kenny walked down to greet her... and hugged her waist, as, that was about as high as he could reach, Ryu was tall and he was short. "I don't care about anything you've done... I promise..."
Ryu squatted down so they were level, hugging him back.
He lay his head on her shoulder, tears falling to her clean white lab coat. The past doesn't matter to me... only the future. Only... us... and my friends... The past is behind you..." he grips her tighter. "I'm sure by now you've been forgiven..."
Now this stunned her more then anything else. "How can... anyone... forgive... a monster?..."
"You're not... As I said before... You did what you had to do..."
"Maybe... you're right..." she swiped at her eyes, feeling pathetic.
Kenny built up his courage, and did one thing he never thought he'd do... his kissed Ryu, right on the lips. He turned bright scarlet, but he did it. He nervously poked his tongue in her mouth and found it wasn't that bad, it tasted sweet and a little smokey, kind of like a marshmellow you cook over a wood fire.
Ryu was surprised at first, but she responded, every stroke of her tongue against his passionate. She'd never done this and neither had he. She'd never known love, not even that of a parent so this was stunningly new... But it was what she needed. They pulled apart to breathe. ~This is the real start to my new beginning. And it's all thanks you you... My beautiful little Ken-chan....~ "You know... You make me complete..."
Kenny held her hand, still bright red. "I know..." he smiled shyly and the to went inside. Nothing else needed said. "That's what lovers do." he finished.

The End

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment