Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Blind Battles

This will be a little different than most stories, in the fact that it doesn't follow a specific storyline and instead follows small bits and pieces from a specific timeline, each chapter being its own story.

Chapter 3 - Blind Battles

Chapter 3 - Blind Battles
Blind Battles
(This happens after all other team relationships are formed, excluding Carkaun and Milly, but before Bane the Zoroark is hatched)


Ile stared at down at her clawed hands, marveling at the added claw. Evolution certainly had it's perks, she thought gleefully. Her reflection in one of the rain puddles caused by Tornadus revealed her new form--a beautiful Weavile. Surely, he would have to notice her now. Not for her looks, but for her strength.

Ile liked to think she was prettier as a Weavile, but she didn't dwell on it because that hadn't been her goal--her goal was to be stronger, to prove how strong she was to her crush. For quite some time now she had been rather enamored by a certain Lucario named Strei.

Tying her Amulet Coin around her neck, Ile set off through the tall grass to find Strei. She knew he liked to train around Route 14 when it was foggy out, and she was absolutely certain he would be there today. Exiting the tall grass, she saw the river running swiftly before her, and above it rose a cliffside. On a small and seperate cliff beside the waterfall sat Strei, deep in thought.

Ile inhaled deeply with excitement, pulling a small gem called an Adamant Orb from hiding and looking at her reflection in it. She planned to give it to Strei when she confessed her love for him and had been holding onto it in anticipation of this day since she was a Sneasel. Clenching it tightly in her fist, she prepared herself to jump across the river.

Just as her feet left the ground, she was caught midair and sent rolling through the grass. A large and elegant Mienshao towered over her, it's nose pointed in the air towards Strei. "Pathetic... " she said, her voice a deep and throaty purr, "You think that an ugly little Weavile like you can win him over? How silly."

Ile, recovering from her initial shock, managed to get to her feet. Unclenching her fists, she realized the Adamant Orb was gone. "No, oh no no no..." she mumbled, looking around her feet for the pretty stone. "You made me drop it!" she wailed, glaring at the Mienshao accusingly.

"It is for the best. Do you not get it? You are just an ugly little Weavile--that Lucario will never love you. He's not into ugly Pokémon like you... you are not even a fighting type, and yet you think you can win him over. With what? Your silly face? Do not be ridiculous--you have nothing to offer him," the Mienshao said, her arms moving in large gestures as she spoke, "However... a Lucario like that would gladly go for a girl like me. We could be more than just sparring partners..."

"Y-you're lying!" Ile said, her voice rising to a scream. "You don't know that, you don't know anything!"

"Oh? Well I know this... as soon as you're out of the way, I'll have no competition for that Lucario... so just stay quiet and still, it will make this easier," the Mienshao said silkily, moving towards Ile menacingly.

Ile braced herself, ready to fight the Mienshao with all she had. "You're a fool, Strei would never fall for a girl like you! Strei hates mean people, he hates anyone who would hurt another for selfish reasons! And looks don't mean anything to him, I know so!" Ile yelled.

"Oh, do be quiet--of course looks matter, looks matter to everyone. For there to be a connection between two Pokémon, there needs to be more than just emotional attraction... there needs to be something... physical," the Mienshao said slowly in reply. Faster than Ile could think, the Mienshao swept Ile's legs out from under her, claws raking into her from every angle and teeth snapping as the Mienshao aimed for her throat.

Ile's own claws faught back just as hard, scraping into the Mienshao's belly in defense. She shoved the Mienshaow's snapping jaws away from her face as much as she could, attempting to fight off the Mienshao.

"You're wrong! Strei doesn't care about looks!" Ile screamed, "You know nothing, and it's obvious you lost your way from The Daycare you Ditto!"

The Meinshao uttered a gutteral growl and raked her claws across Ile's cheek, Ile screeching in reply. As they scrabbled about in the grass, Ile's hand found a small rock. She looked at it only for a moment, recognizing it as the Adamant Orb she had dropped. She was losing, and she knew it--the Mienshao was going to finish her off for good and there was nothing she could do.

Closing her fist around the stone, she shut her eyes tightly in defeat. It was going to be over soon enough, the Mienshao had made this clear. Ile was in so much pain, she figured death would be better anyways. Besides, even if she survived this battle she would be left with horrible scars, and then, if Strei rejected her, she really would have no chance being loved.

Ile felt a huge weight lift off her, and she sighed in relief--reveling in what she believed to be death until she realized her cheek was still burning with pain. Opening her eyes she saw the Mienshao lying several feet away, her eyes wide in horror. Strei was standing over her, his paws moving in complex motions as he read the Mienshao's aura.

"Pathetic," he said flatly, "You think a hate filled Mienshao like you can win me over? How silly."

Ile laughed weakly as she realized he was mimicking the speech the Mienshao had made just earlier

"I am not hate filled! I love you! I was protecting you from that horrible Weavile!" the Mienshao objected, throwing herself at Strei. He quickly brushed her off, seeming to shudder at her very touch. He helped Ile to her feet, uncurling her fingers and taking the Adamant Orb from her hand.

"Thank you," he said, "I have been looking for one of these." Turning back towards the Mienshao, he opened his eyes, which were a light and cloudy blue. "You are foolish to think I care about looks. I have no interest in them at all... besides, I think you are ugly, inside. "

"B-but I am not! I am gorgeous, I am lovely! Tell me I am beautiful!!" the Mienshao pleaded.

"I can't. I wouldn't know if you were as pretty as a Milotic or ugly as a Feebas... you see, I am blind," he said, "But even the blind can see that you should leave. Now."

The Mienshao looked perplexed, but she hopped to her feet and stumbled through the grass quickly when Strei shot a small Aura Sphere at her threateningly.

"That was a nasty Pokémon, wasn't it?" Strei said, though Ile was unsure if he was talking to her or himself. He turned towards her, kneeling and placing his paws on her shoulders. She felt warmth rush through her, the stinging from her wounds fading as he used Heal Pulse.

"From now on... I'll protect you, okay? I'll never let another Pokémon hurt you that way again," Strei promised. He straightened up again, stretching and preparing to leave. Ile watched her hand reach for his without meaning to, but his paw found hers first and together they crossed the river.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment