Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Alone and Done For

An exiled princess, a young lord, and a betrayed and orphaned prince. The three ingredients that make SMR the fanfic that it is.

Chapter 1 - Alone and Done For

Chapter 1 - Alone and Done For
Chapter 1
Alone and Done For

The sun rose over the kingdom of Jarus. Their princess, Sierra, had been up three hours ago, practicing her magic and fighting skills in her room. A princess in other kingdoms wouldn’t normally study the art of the knight or the magician, but Sierra did, and with confidence.

“Princess,” said a voice out of the blue, “you might want to go to the throne room. Your parents would like a word.” Sierra opened the large oak doors, finding beautiful hallways, but destruction and ruin in every direction. She ran to her parents’ throne room, still in her long, flowy nightgown. Once there, she bowed, and said, “What happened?” “Sierra, you missed the raid. We could have used you,” her father said, “and I’m upset about that.” “When was this, mother?” Sierra asked, almost in tears. “Exactly one o’ clock in the morning,” said the queen. “Why didn’t you wake me?” Sierra cried. “Why don’t I exile you?!” exclaimed the king, “Pack your things. You leave for Lyria. Stay out of Jarus until exactly two hours from the grand ball, which is six months from yesterday, at eight o’clock sharp.”

Sierra ran to her room and cried her eyes out. Why was her father mad at her for not being awake? She was only fourteen, and a princess to boot. All she wanted was a friend. Someone to confide all her hopes and fears in, and who could cheer Sierra up when she was down in the dumps. She packed her bags, packing only three formal gowns, and an extra set of armor and magic books. She put on her knightly garb: beautiful green armor and skirt, green and silver boots, and her knight’s crown, plus her long, green cape that draped across her shoulders.

She left the palace of Jarus by horse wagon, taking three hours to get to Lyria. Little did her father know that Lyria was Sierra’s dream place. Lyria was the knight’s and magician’s capital of the Fire Continent. The city had every magic book and training arena and weapon in the world, holding its title to be true. This was Sierra’s break from the world.

She settled into a manor two minutes from the city, and set out for shopping and training. She managed to find six different magic books, including how to make yourself disappear, and how to use combat and magic together. She found a shop for swords, and browsing through the glass aisles, she finally found the most beautiful blade imaginable that matched her armor. She bought it, plus two jewels to indent on the front and back of the blade, and an amazing sheath belt. Sierra named her sword Hawchion of Jarus, calling it Hawk for short.

Sierra spent at least two hours training with her magical swordplay, but her day took a worse turn. Suddenly, a giant dragon flew over the city, landing in a nearby clearing. Riding on its back was a ninja-like countess with one long brown braid down her back. Sierra’s own short-flipped black hair whipped in the wind behind her. The countess jumped off the black dragon and walked towards Sierra. “What is a princess like you doing here?” she said menacingly. “I—I was exiled,” Sierra said. “Good,” said the countess, “you deserved it.” Sierra rose to her feet, swung Hawk, and created a green explosion using her magic. Amazingly, the countess evaded Sierra’s attack. “Fool. My name is Ariella. Call me the Countess. I was the one who hypnotized your parents into thinking you were late for an invasion, when I simply wrecked the castle halls. Your father the king would destroy you if he had not exiled you here.” Sierra held her blade in an attacking position, but didn’t attack. “Why did you do this to me?” “Foolishly hilarious, Sierra. I wanted you to be gone. You are a menace to Aarona. I wanted to annihilate your kingdom, but I simply did that.”

The countess instantly swung her dark blade, glowing with evil. Sierra’s magical shield was too small to counter her attack. As soon as she swung, Sierra felt a hard push. Someone had jumped from the side and saved her from utter destruction. But who was it? Sierra thought these words as she swirled into deep blackness.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Fan-artluver on December 30, 2005, 6:12:53 AM

Fan-artluver on
Fan-artluverPoor Sierra, being exiled like that..

Song_of_a_Phoenix on August 29, 2005, 5:05:36 AM

Song_of_a_Phoenix on
Song_of_a_PhoenixI like this! *adds to faves.* I don't have time to read more right now I will next time I come online.

Anime_Yokai_Mckai on July 21, 2005, 1:58:49 AM

Anime_Yokai_Mckai on
Anime_Yokai_MckaiWoww! so far so good!

sago_wolfbeil on July 19, 2005, 10:17:36 AM

sago_wolfbeil on
sago_wolfbeilSo....who's gonna comment first? WHEEEE!!! COMMENTS!!! (I appreciate them greatly. This fanfic took me a while!)