Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Roy

An exiled princess, a young lord, and a betrayed and orphaned prince. The three ingredients that make SMR the fanfic that it is.

Chapter 2 - Roy

Chapter 2 - Roy
Chapter 2
Roy

Sierra awoke in a cave near a campfire where a boy was sitting. He looked to be her age, and a knight. His semi-spiky red-brown hair seemed to blend with his majestic red armor. His sheathed sword was at his side on a belt, and his red cape had the ornate design of raging fire.

She stood up, relieved but still recovering, and walked slowly towards the campfire and sat next to the boy. “Thank goodness, you’re awake! You slept like a rock, which was what it felt like to carry you up here,” he said. Sierra laughed. “You’re funny. What’s your name?” “I’m Roy, son of the lord of Pharae Principality. And you?” “Sierra, knight and princess of Jarus. Training in the art of a magician.” Roy grinned. “You have quite the personality. It was amazing how you stood up to the countess.” Sierra turned her head towards him. “You’re the one who saved me! I knew it! I knew from the look in your eyes.” Roy shrugged. “Well, I just felt that you had to be spared. Plus, it’s chivalric for a knight to save a damsel in distress. Of course, you aren’t helpless at all, but you’re a fellow knight-princess. And I’m not a knight, either.” Sierra chuckled. “Roy, what’s your story? How did you get to Lyria? And where are we?”

“Well, it’s like this. I had lots of spare time, so I decided to go study in the kingdom Ostia. When I heard that an enemy kingdom had invaded our highest army league, I also heard that my father fell ill. I decided that I should assume leadership of Pharae’s armies. It was fun for a while, and I got to meet several princesses and famous knights all over the Fire Continent. But what I missed most was being free. Having the whole world to explore. So, once we got back to Pharae, I withdrew my leadership, and went to the master bedroom and almost told my father what I had done for him, but he was almost too ill to speak. He encouraged me to be strong, and he was proud of the thing I did. So I left Pharae to recover from my reality. I have never seen or heard from my father again.

“I ran to Lyria, found you, saved you, carried you up to a cave fifty miles from there, and here we are. Do you understand what I’m saying?” Sierra nodded. “I would do the same thing.” Roy grinned. “Say, why don’t you tell your story, Sierra?” Sierra poured her story out, how she was exiled, and how she met the countess. “Nice,” said Roy, “I can relate.” “Roy? I was wondering if you could be my escort for the grand ball in Jarus. You’re perfect for it.” Roy smiled. “I have always wanted to go to your kingdom. Besides, I’m related to royalty, and I have tons of spare time NOT to be spent in Ostia.” Sierra laughed again. “Oh, Roy! You’re the best!”

The next morning, Sierra woke to fresh eggs and the purest water. She saw Roy tending the fire and the fresh bacon from his sack. “Good morning, Sierra! I fixed us breakfast before we hit the trail. I also found nuts and berries for snacks later on.” “Thanks, Roy. How far are we walking?” Sierra asked. “We’ll try to get over two of the first mountains,” said Roy, pointing to two stubby-but-tall mountains, “we’ll camp in the valley then, if we actually make it.” “Oh Roy,” said Sierra, “we’ll make it, thanks to the provisions you prepared.” They both chuckled. “Well, I guess the bacon’s ready,” said Roy, taking the metal stick off the makeshift roasting stand. After they finished their breakfast, Sierra and Roy took what they could and hit the hard, rocky trail.

Two hours later, they had crossed one of the mountains. The sun shone brighter than normal, resulting in extremely hot weather. “Okay, why is it so hot?” panted Sierra. “Well, the weather is, like, really warm today or something. At least we’ll be going underground to cross,” said Roy, pointing to a tunnel in the distance.

Once Sierra and Roy went inside the tunnel, Sierra used her magic on two large branches and made them into long torches. After they had walked several miles, Roy stopped. Sierra backed up, cautious and trying to see why he stopped so short. “Roy, what’s wrong?” “I saw something,” he said, “in the distance. Two glowing green eyes—”

Suddenly, those green eyes multiplied into twenty. They could have been one thing: Continental Cave Bats. They were poisonous, and hung around in caves, waiting to strike their prey, which was a human. One bite could kill you almost instantly. Sierra and Roy looked at them in horror. They ducked, and the bats flew straight for them instead of over. All of a sudden, a figure with a long cape and stunning armor jumped in front of them. Unsheathing his sword, he used some form of magic which Sierra recognized to create a loud, purple-ish swish with his blade that drove the bats away with several noisy screeches.

“Friends,” said the mysterious figure, “let me help you.” Sierra and Roy graciously agreed, and followed him out of the tunnel.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sago_wolfbeil on December 31, 2005, 12:56:46 AM

sago_wolfbeil on
sago_wolfbeilI heard ya! ^^ Yepper! Roy's escorting Sierra!

Fan-artluver on December 30, 2005, 10:51:34 PM

Fan-artluver on
Fan-artluverErr.. Hello? Did anyone notice what I just said?

Fan-artluver on December 30, 2005, 5:22:36 AM

Fan-artluver on
Fan-artluverRoy's gonna be Sierra's escort for the grand ball? Cool! Looks like we've found a new pairing!

Anime_Yokai_Mckai on July 21, 2005, 2:01:58 AM

Anime_Yokai_Mckai on
Anime_Yokai_MckaiRoy seems so cute and funny ! I like to be roy a lot!