Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Not-So-Great First Day

When Ruby moves to a whole new region and a whole new town, he also has to go to a whole new school. He is then put in a class with a buncha weirdos! Will Ruby survive or will he be doomed to live like this forever?!

Chapter 1 - The Not-So-Great First Day

Chapter 1 - The Not-So-Great First Day
"Wake up."
"Hngrh?"
"Wake up Ruby."
"Hrrgggnn, five more minutes."
"C'mon, you have school today."
"Dang it." I mumbled.
"I'll meet you downstairs." Mom said.
Great, now I hafta go to a totally new school and I don't even now anyone! I got out of bed and got ready to go to the most dreaded place on Earth.
If you are wondering, my name's Ruby and I first lived in Johto but then moved to Hoenn. We then moved back to Johto but the bad thing is I have to go to school now. That really sucks.
I slung my yellow backpack over my shoulder and went downstairs. Mom was cleaning the table while Dad was eating the rest of his breakfast.
"Morning Ruby," he said, as he put the plate in the sink.
"G'mornin'." I replied.
"Ruby are you all set?" Mom asked.
"I guess...."
"Okay, off to your new school."
***
The good thing is that I didn't have to ride the bus. Mom dropped me off and I had to go to the front office to get my homeroom number. The bad thing about moving in January is that people already have their frineds and form their own little groups. The new kids are usually left out.
"Here you go," the assistant said as she handed me the paper.
"Thanks," I mumbled back. I looked at the paper as I left the office. My homeroom was in room 1.06. I read the numbers on the wall and saw it said 1.12.
Okay, so far it's easy. All I hafta do it follow the numbers down. As I walked down the hall the numbers gradually got smaller. 1.08, 1.07, and finally 1.06. I read the name on the door. "Mrs. Opal" With a trembling hand I knocked on the door and waited.
***
Before I evenn knew it, I was whisked away into the classroom and being introduced to everyone. Mrs. Opal just couldn't stop talking! She just kept yammering on and on about stuff like "be nice to the new kid" and "treat people fairly". I saw out of the corner of my eye a kid with electric green hair take out an iPod and stuffing the ear buds into his ears. How I wish I had something to cover my ears now...
"Okay, what was your name again?" Mrs. Opal asked which nearly made me jump.
"Oh! Erm, Ruby..."
"Well you can have a seat next to Red."
"Thanks." I dropped my bookbag next to the desk and slumped in the chair. This is the worst day of my life...
***
As usual with all new kids, I sat alone at lunch. The food looked totally inedible so I just left it alone to rot on my tray. Gotta tell Mom to make me lunch from now on. As the minutes passed by, I became so hungry that I took my fork and started to eat some so called "rice". The first moment I tasted it, I spit it all back out. I felt like I was going to be sick as I gently put the fork back down. It tasted like someone took paint chippings and sprinkled them with sugar. And it had a really bad aftertast. Why, why?....
***
Nearing the end of class, I remebered most of my classmates' names. I remember Sapphire the most because she can't stop staring at me or something like that. It creeps me out. There's also this girl named Crystal who dresses up like a secret agent with sunglasses....I think she needs therapy. There's this really nice girl named Yellow and an evil, rude one named Blue. That's all I can remember for now. I figured out there are only 9 people in this class counting myself. This must be a class for the special needs kids. They must've run outta room for the other homerooms and I got stuck here. Great, just great.
The dismissal bell ran. I never heard a most beautiful sound in my entire life. I bounded out the door before anyone else and I bet they thought I was crazy. But I didn't care. It was the the end of the day.................................................................................................................










At least, until tommorrow. I groaned and slowed my pace down to a brisk walk. "I'd wish tommorow never comes..." but I as soon as I said that, it made me feel even worse. As I slowly walked towards the doors, I didn't have time to react fast enough. I was hit at a speed of about 180 mph and tumbled toward the ground.

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kaikat on October 17, 2007, 9:58:40 PM

kaikat on
kaikathow will you describe blue there in the last part? A boy or A Girl?

Ranson on September 3, 2007, 2:46:21 AM

Ranson on
RansonPoor Ruby! That's how I felt when I started a new school! *goes and reads the other chapters*

mandy94t on January 14, 2007, 2:41:53 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tI'm guessin' Rapidash.
no,wait,Rapidash only go 150 mph.now I feel dumb.
Is Ruby dead?eh?just wonderin'.

sapphirestar7789 on January 14, 2007, 2:55:14 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789no, ruby is not dead

gemdrop123neo on January 12, 2007, 7:28:23 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoCan Rhia come in the stwory????
 
Pwease? With a chwerry won twop?

sapphirestar7789 on January 12, 2007, 7:32:37 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789No , but Aquamarine is in the story. It's MANGA class of 2007. So is Diamond, Dy, and Pearl. Y'all will be in there! Don't you worry!

gemdrop123neo on January 12, 2007, 7:37:30 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neo*hits cancel button*
Oh....(I suddenly remember Aquamarine now)
Make her punch Ruby 10 billion times...per day!
And also Green (the dude)
And also Red (The loser)
And also (uh..make that everyone)

sapphirestar7789 on January 12, 2007, 7:38:34 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789Red's cool, don't dis Red. He's my second favorite character!

gemdrop123neo on January 12, 2007, 7:47:37 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoRED IS NOT COOL!!!!
 
He's the classic stereotype for a hero. AND (my sis said this) he has horrible fashion sense. AND he's intellectually inferior.

sapphirestar7789 on January 12, 2007, 7:53:57 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789So, when did fashion sense apply to you? And who cares, people who are intelluctally inferior (like Cosmo) are usually the best characters! Ya feelin' me?
You: No
Me: I thought so.

crazicat06 on January 12, 2007, 7:29:48 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Oh god! She got hit! Trying to figure out by what though.... lotsa Pokemon can go at 180 mph..... if it was a car, yeah... dead Ruby.... Pokemon.... maaaaaybeee......

sapphirestar7789 on January 12, 2007, 7:31:08 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789not to be mean but ruby is a boy. Just wanted you to know! ^_^

crazicat06 on January 12, 2007, 7:33:36 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06O.o My bad!!!! Well still.... HE GOT HIT!!!! God..... update soon!


Oh! Can Kiri join in? She's my Pokemon OC.... Pwease? Wid a cherwy on toop?

sapphirestar7789 on January 12, 2007, 7:37:52 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789How old is she and what does she look like?

crazicat06 on January 12, 2007, 9:02:13 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Okay. Bio!!!

Name: Kiri Sancho
Age: 14
Gender: Girl duh
D.O.B: October 18
Hair color: Light blue ^.^ She wears it in a ponytail with a dratini hair scrunchie
Eye color: Purple
Poke'mon: An Espeon named Daisy and a Dratini named Amber
Backpack (I know it's not a whole lot important, but whatever): Dratini style
Accesories: A necklace with a large opal stone in it. Not the glittery kind, the milky kind.


Kiri is a Poke'mon cordenator(sp?) and a trainer. She uses Espeon for contests and Amber for gym battles. She only has her Dratini and Espeon. Daisy was her first poke'mon. Kiri makes friends easily because of her cheery personality and will take on any challenge thrown at her, whether or not it's a poke battle. She is training up for the Kanto League so that she wont lose to Lance, or his Dragonite.

And that's Kiri Sancho!

wolf-girl-ghost on January 12, 2007, 7:24:46 AM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghostoh noes ruby's dead!lol jk i luff this story can't wait for more