Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - I Can Deal With It...For Now

When Ruby moves to a whole new region and a whole new town, he also has to go to a whole new school. He is then put in a class with a buncha weirdos! Will Ruby survive or will he be doomed to live like this forever?!

Chapter 2 - I Can Deal With It...For Now

Chapter 2 - I Can Deal With It...For Now
"Hey are you okay?"
"Huhhh...?"
"C'mon, get up."
I slowy got up from the floor and saw a giant mob of kids stampeding towrad the bus lane. So I guess that's what hit me....
"Whoa..." I said queitly. I turned back to the kid who asked me if I was alright.
"Yep. This school is crazy if you don't know who you're dealing with." He stuck his hands into the pockets of his black jacket and headed towards the doors.
"Wait!" I said catching up to him. "What's your name?"
"Red."
"Ah! You're the kid I sit next to in class!"
"Yup."
"Do you like this school?"
"Nah, it sucks. Especially the cafeteria food."
"Did you move here?" I asked.
"'Bout a year ago. I must say, I like it better in Kanto." We walked out the doors and followed the sidewalk. As I was just about to head home Red asked, "Hey, you walking home?"
"Yeah."
"Cool, I'm coming with you,"
"Okay.." I replied uncertainly. Don't screw up Ruby, I thought. This might be the first and only person you can get to know and possibly be your friend.
***
Red is okay as a person. He has purple spiky hair and wears mostly black except a striped t-shirt with a eighth note on it. He actually has the nerve to talk to a person he doesn't know.
"Okay, gotta go." I said as I turned toward my house.
"See ya tommorow!" Red called back. I waved and ran up the hill to the garage. Dad was probably all ready at the gym and as I walked in I was suddenly hammered with questions.
"How was your first day? Did you make any friends? Who's class are you in?" Mom asked me. She reminded me of Mrs. Opal for a second, about how she loves to talk.
"It was...good...." I managed to say.
"Great, dear."
I trudged up to my room and lazily threw my backpack on the floor next to my bed. Looking out the window, I saw Red walking up the narrow path that goes over the hill. Tomorrow's gonna be alright...I hope...
***
Tomorrow was definately FAR from alright. Mrs. Opal paired us up and we had to find the answers to this atlas worksheet. Unfortunately, I was stuck with Sapphire.
"Um...okay..." I said nervously as I opened up the atlas.
"I'm so lucky to be paired up with you!" Sapphire chimed.
"Right...." I mumbled, trying to change the subject.
"All the other boys in this class are weird looking but not you!"
"Okay, let's try to focus on the worksheet and not me..."
"Okie dokie!"
At that moment, I wish that it would be time for lunch or something. But there was an hour and 25 minutes left to go until lunch and I knew with Sapphire I wasn't going to last that long.
Sapphire was a real girly girl. She had pink hair and wore a red ribbon. She had a blue dress with lace trimmings and flower embroadery on it. She also wore jewelry. At least I was glad about one thing...I wasn't paired up with someone who looked like he/she wanted to kill me. I looked up at the clock. 1 hour and 20 minutes left...I can get through this....
***
Sapphire was as dumb as a telephone pole. Apparently, she didn't even know that there were seven continents and that there is such a thing as the Pacific Ocean. When it was time for lunch, we only had half of the worksheet done. I was glad that we could go to lunch now and grabbed my luch box.
Unlike yesterday, Red decided to eat luch with me. He also brought his lunch and told me about a rumor that the cafeteria workers actually bring their leftover food from last night's dinner and feed it to the kids. I shudderd at the thought as I opened my soda.
"Why are there only so little people in your classroom?" I asked.
"'Cause they took the leftover kids they thought wouldn't fit into normal homerooms and stuck us in one small group." He ate some of his French fries and pointed to another table. "Those are where the smart gifted people sit."
I looked at where he was pointing and saw a buncha smart people talking and laughing. Red continued on, "there's the totally idioc peeps, the sports peeps, the gothic peeps, the popular peeps, the socially challenged peeps, and the not-so-normal people sit right here." He pointed to where him and I were sitting.
"Ahhh," was all I could say.
"Don't worry, you'll remember sooner or later.
"Where are the teachers?" I asked.
"Somewhere else scarfing down all the good food," he said.
"Oh..." I finished the rest of my lunch and stuffed all the trash into my lunch box. "I've always wondered why the adults get all the good stuff,"
"It's the laws of nature, adults get everything and we hafta suffer,"
I laughed at his remark. Maybe this school wasn't so bad after all. I looked around the cafeteria at all the other kids. This group of boys were throwing mashed potatoes at each other. Some of it got into this girl's hair ans she started screaming her head off.
***
After lunch I had to go back to working with Sapphire. Amazingly, we finished the worksheet and then since everyone finished, we had the last 20 minutes to do whatever we wanted.
"Ya know Ruby, you're really smart!" Sapphire commented.
"Erm...thanks." I grunted. Gee, it takes a genius to know that Anarctica is the coldest continent....
"But nobody's smarter than Green."
"Who's Green?"
She pointed to a kid with brown hair, square rimmed glasses, and a red striped collared t-shirt. "He's really smart but also really mean."
"I can see that," I said softly. He glanced up at me and gave me a gave me a sort evil glare. I quickly looked away and Sapphire started saying, "It suprises me why he's nnot in the gifted classes."
"Uh-huh."
The dismissal bell rang. I walked out to the door with Red and thought, I have a geek who seems to hate me, a girl who likes me but doesn't know the difference between salt and pepper, and an sort-of-goth person who seems to be my friend..........yep, I'm gonna have the weirdest year of my life....

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nikki001997 on January 15, 2008, 11:02:08 AM

nikki001997 on
nikki001997Awesome!I'm going to read more(reading the next chapter).

Ranson on September 3, 2007, 2:53:31 AM

Ranson on
Ransonlol it seems like all the wierd dumb people always have a crush on you. *runs and reads more*

Umbreonsrule on January 15, 2007, 3:14:44 AM

Umbreonsrule on
UmbreonsruleI've read the first two chapters of your story now, and they're great! I can't wait to find out what happens next - I'll read the next two chapters now!

mandy94t on January 14, 2007, 2:45:53 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tweird?my school is weird.Wayne pokes his cafeteria food to see if it's dead.one time the hamburger mooed.eeew...

gemdrop123neo on January 13, 2007, 6:23:54 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoHaha!
 
Aquamarine: No one's smarter than moi!
Sapphire: ....Moi? Is that Spanish?
Aquamarine: NO. IT'S ITALIAN.
Sapphire: I thought Italian was another word for Spanish????

sapphirestar7789 on January 13, 2007, 10:23:12 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789in that comment is sapphire me or the one in the story?

gemdrop123neo on January 13, 2007, 10:41:09 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoOne in the story.

sapphirestar7789 on January 13, 2007, 10:43:08 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789good.

wolf-girl-ghost on January 13, 2007, 5:05:10 AM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghostlol i'm loving this fanfic

crazicat06 on January 13, 2007, 5:01:10 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Haha! Yup. She is gonna have a weird year.

sapphirestar7789 on January 13, 2007, 5:02:51 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789He. Hahahaha, is that a habit calling Ruby a "she"? It does sound like a girl's name though....

crazicat06 on January 13, 2007, 5:06:31 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Gah!!! I did it again *baps own head* God, I need to get this through my head. Ruby is a guy, Ruby is a guy! Yeah... his name does sound like a girl's.....