Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Candy Canes are Fruits!

When Ruby moves to a whole new region and a whole new town, he also has to go to a whole new school. He is then put in a class with a buncha weirdos! Will Ruby survive or will he be doomed to live like this forever?!

Chapter 4 - Candy Canes are Fruits!

Chapter 4 - Candy Canes are Fruits!
After lunch, Mrs. Opal decided to ask us random trivia questions, the kind that they zap you with on "Who wants to a be a millionare."
"Okay, since Silver doesn't really have a fair chance, I'll start with Blue." Mrs. Opal said. "What Sea has the most salt in it?"
"The Dead Sea..." she huffed.
"Alright, Green. What does URL stand for?"
Green sighed as if he were being answered what 1+5 was. "Universal Resource Locator."
"Next, Gold...how long does it take for the average person to sleep?"
"ZZzzzzzzz...."
"Gold?"
"Zzzzzzzz..." Gold had already fallen asleep, listening to his iPod.
"Someone wake him up," Mrs. Opal ordered. Yellow stooped over he desk and whacked him on the head with her fishing pole.
"THE WEASELS! THEY HAVE RETURNED!!!" he screamed. Everyone was silent.
"Ookkkaaayyyy...Gold your question was how long does it take for the average person to fall asleep?"
"In my case, 'bout 1 minute."
"But your not a average person..."
"Do you SEE an average person in this classroom?!" he shouted. In unison, everyone pointed to me. "Oh, okay... hey Ruby! How long does it take you to fall asleep?!"
"Erm...about 5 mins..." I estimated.
"Okay, 5 it is!" Gold answered in confidence.
"The correct answer is 7 minutes." Mrs. Opal said.
"Whatever..." Gold mumbled as he put the ear buds back into his ears and drifted off to sleep.
"Red, which Pokemon is number 25 in the national dex?"
"Pikachu."
"Ruby, what is 10% of 180?"
"Ummm...18." I replied, thinking that these were some trivia questions....
"Wow Ruby! You're so smart!" Sapphire giggled in the back row.
"Yep, I'm a genius...." I said sarcastically. Sapphire grinned and Mrs. Opal read the next question.
"Crystal, what is the biggest planet in the Solar System?"
"Jupiter!" she answered, adjusting her sunglasses.
"Yellow, which type of cloud is the most dangerous one, which can lead to heavy lightning storms, blizzards, and hail storms?"
"Um, cumulonimbus?"
"Correct. Alas, Sapphire. What type of food is a candy cane?"
"Uhhh......" She scratched her head. "A...fruit?"
"No, the correct answer is "a candy or sweet". Mrs. Opal closed her miniature trivia book and put it in one of the drawers of her desk. "For the last 10 minutes you can do whatever you want."
I packed up my bookbag and heaved it onto the table. Sapphire came bouncing up to me, and started complimenting on how smart I was.
"Hehehe..." I laughed weakly.
"You're funny! I haven't had this much fun in the whole school year!" she explained. She grabbed my bookbag and started fingering through it.
"Hey, don't mess with anything in there!" I cried.
"If you want it back you hafta catch me!" she giggled foolishly. She pranced to the other side of the room and I chased her. She dodged pretty fast, on account of the dress she wore. Sapphire then danced to the other side of the room. I took a shortcut through the desks and she still dodged. She was then standing infront of the dry erase board and I was at the very back of the classroom.
"Silly Ruby, you can't even catch a backpack!"
I ran at full speed but that was enough to kick in the running shoes I was wearing. She dodged again and I didn't have time to stop. Ruby you fool, you ran smack into the board!
"Oh no! Ruby, are you alright?" Sapphire exclaimed. She dropped my bookbag and went over to help me.
"Don't worry Sapphire, I'm good."
"Whew, you had me worried! Here's your backpack back...I'm sorry." Sapphire apologized, her head drooping.
"'S okay, no biggie." I reassured her. I slung my backpack on, to make sure that no other want-boys-to-smack-into-dry-erase-board girls would snatch it. Sapphire just grinned and went over to talk to Yellow.
"Dang that girl!" I whispered, rubbing my forehead. I didn't notice Red standing behind me.
"Seems like she has a major crush on you!" Red said.
"Gah!" I jumped.
"Don't worry. He attention span is really low. Give it a couple of days."
"Has she had crushes on anyone else before?" I wondered.
Red leaned against the board. "Not that I know of."
"Darn the luck," I grumbled.
I glanced at Sapphire and she gave me a friendly wave. I smiled sheepishly and turned my head.
"Red, could you do a favor for me?" I questioned.
His eyes widened. "What kinda favor?..." he insisted with a strain in his voice.
"The make-the-crazy-lovesick-girl-not-like-you-anymore-kind..."

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nikki001997 on January 19, 2008, 9:27:07 AM

nikki001997 on
nikki001997read.....more.......

mandy94t on January 18, 2007, 8:31:47 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tlol.it takes me forever to fall asleep.like 20 min.but I'm not average so it makes sense.AWESOME JOB!

wolf-girl-ghost on January 15, 2007, 5:15:00 AM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghostlol i luff this story so freakin much i can't wait til emerald appears

gemdrop123neo on January 14, 2007, 10:58:41 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoHahaha!
 
10% of 180 is 3.

crazicat06 on January 14, 2007, 10:41:27 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06More! (and quick question: When's Kiri gonna show up?)

sapphirestar7789 on January 14, 2007, 10:47:10 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789probably the next chappie!

crazicat06 on January 14, 2007, 10:52:46 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Yay!!!! ^.^/Miya!